Start by marking “Kiss Me If You Can (Bachelor Blogs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me If You Can (Bachelor Blogs, #1)

Kiss Me If You Can (Bachelor Blogs #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  4,290 Ratings  ·  255 Reviews
The "New York Times"- and "USA Today"-bestselling author is back with The Most Eligible Bachelors, a tantalizing new series loosely connected to her successful Hot Zone series, featuring the most wanted men of New York City.

He’s New York’s Most Eligible Bachelor…

She’s just not interested!

Sam Cooper (“Coop”) has just become the most eligible bachelor in New York City. After
Published July 27th 2010 by HQN (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me If You Can, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me If You Can

Paige  Bookdragon

My first Carly Phillips and I hope I can read something a little bit more upbeat next time.
Stephanie
Cute little story. Somewhat light read, but I needed that right now. Sop far Carly Phillips has yet to disappoint.

Characters were pretty likable. Heroine was a tad annoying at times but overall she was bearable. The resolution of the story was a little too easy, but it like I said it was a light read so I expected this.
Jae
Aug 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary
One word... boring. From the beginning, it failed to grab my interest. The pace was too slow, the dialogs were juvenile and not much of a story, really. Towards the end, I just skimmed through and didn't really care about the outcome of the characters.
But the sex scene was HOT though.
Kahea
***4 Stars***

I really enjoyed Kiss Me If You Can. I loved the whole mystery behind the ring and how everything unfolded and then came together in the end. The romance was a good balance of sweet, smexy and fun with just enough angst to keep things interesting and was filled with characters that kept me turning the pages to see what they’d get into next.

I loved Lexie. She’s intelligent, honest, upfront, has a tendency to act before thinking when her emotions go all wonky, but has a really good
Sandi Ramirez
I loved this book. Nothing is better than reading a book from one of your favorite authors and discovering that she has adding something different in it for you. Kiss Me If You Can is a Romantic Mystery. I was not expecting the mystery and I really liked that in this book.
Sam Cooper or Coop as his friends call him, is a writer for the local paper. He happens to write about the crimes that happen in town and his Dad and brother are in the police force....long line of cops. In his spare time he is
Pennie Morgan
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam "Coop" Cooper is a crime reporter who was in the right place at the right time to foil a robbery of a jewelry store and his reward is any ring in the store. He selects a gawdy antique ring that just happens to have a story behind it. With the ring comes countless proposals from single women but he is not interested in any of them. No, he has his eye set on Lexie Davis, the woman who really wants the ring because it once belonged to her grandmother. This story comes with lots of sexy banter, ...more
Liza
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carly Phillips gives her readers another winner with Kiss Me If You Can. Sam Cooper is a reporter for the crime beat who finds himself the center of his own beat after he stops a jewelry-store robbery. When he is given a ring as the reward for stopping the jewelry-store robbery, he becomes the most eligible bachelor in New York City for his own paper, on the run from all the women of New York City. That is until Lexie Davis contacts him about the ring he was given matching a necklace that belong ...more
Sarah Kirk
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story about Coop and Lexus chasing down the history of a ring he get as a reward for thwarting a robbery attempt. Cute characters and I liked the book, it just didn't have that powerful, suck you in feeling. It was a fun read overall though.
Nicole
Jun 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Publisher: HQN
Publish Date: 7/27/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

Phillips starts yet another series with promise called The Bachelor Blogs! The first book, Kiss Me If You Can highlights Coop, the newest Bachelor to grace the blog. Coop gains semi fame status when he catches a jewelry store robber in the act. The store owner’s daughter is so grateful, she gives him the choice of any merchandise in the store. Coop, hating the theatrics, chooses something he things is gaudy and ugly and bolts as qu
Barb
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sam Cooper ("Coop") has just become the most eligible bachelor in New York City. Now that he has foiled a jewelry-store robbery and has been rewarded with the ring of his choice, single women all over the city are fawning over the crime reporter. But Coop isn't interested in the admirers sending racy underwear his way. His attention is centered solely on Lexie Davis, the only woman in the city who claims not to be interested in his bachelor status.
Instead, free-spirited Lexie is interested in Co
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
A couple of characters with a bit of depth and background to them, decently written dialog, a bit of mystery, and nobody who is TSTL. Combine those ingredients and what do you get? A decently written light contemporary romance that earns 3.75 stars from me. Well into the 'Really Liked It' range.

Coop is the crime beat newspaper reporter who is a bit of a homebody. Lexi is the world traveler with daddy issues. And yet they somehow manage to work it out in the end.
Donna
Aug 06, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked this book at the beginng, then it got a little irritiating. I didn't like the grandmother at all, she was manipulative and unremorseful. Lexie and Coop's miscommunications and hang-ups were too exaggerated to be believable. In fact the whole "poor, misunderstood Lexie, so different than her family" was just lame.
 Marla
3.5 stars. Cute but mindless, sexy story about Lexie Davis falling for the gorgeous crime beat journalist, Sam "Coop" Cooper. Very light reading, with a slightly annoying heroine and a smoking hot hero falling in and out of bed.

First sexy playaway that I've listened to and I find listening to sex was more awkward than reading it, because there was no way to skim over it and it seemed more personal. But this is too fluffy a series to actually read, so I will listen to the next book too, but it d
Karen
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sam Cooper, aka Coop, is a crime reporter whom just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He was able to stop a would be jewel thief. The owner of the jewelry store offers Sam any piece of jewelry he wants in the shop, but Coop doesn't want anything, but after pressure from everyone around, he takes a gaudy looking ring that he thinks is not that expensive. Little does he know how much hassle this ring is going to cost him.

Lexie Davis is a web designer that likes to travel the wor
Sue Galuska
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I forgot what a fun story this was....it has such great laugh out loud moments in it mostly from the heroine's grandma....and such great swoony moments from the hero, Sam "Coop" Cooper.

Sam Cooper tried to be a cop like his father and older brother but because of an old injury he wasn't successful. Instead, Coop is a crime reporter for The Daily Post in New York City. It pays the bills but he would prefer to be a successful author. When Coop is able to stop a robbery at a local jewelry story, he
Nikki
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great throw back from Carly Phillips! This is one of my favorite books that I have re-read this summer, it is always fun to go back and find old characters again.

In Kiss Me If You Can, crime reporter Sam Cooper is in the right place at the right time, and stops a theft at a jewelry store. For his bravery, the owner lets him pick anything he wants from the store as a reward. Sam doesn't know that what he thought was a cheap, gaudy ring, turns out to be something else all together!

Lexi is
Debra Smith
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. Sam "Coop" Cooper is a crime reporter that happens to stop for a hotdog from his favorite vender on the corner near a jewelry store where he notices a robbery in progress which he stops. The woman is so grateful she offers him a reward at first he doesn't want to take it but a local reporter sees this and gets its all on camera so Coop takes a ring.
Lexi is web designer that lives part time with her grandmother when she is state side. Lexington loves to travel and can desi
Shelly
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Tracy Roberts
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. At first I wasn’t sure if the story line was something I would enjoy but because I love this author I went ahead and read it. I was pleasantly surprised that I did enjoy this story line. It was something new to me but still had the love connection that I crave.

Grandma Charlotte was funny as heck. She was awesome in this book. I love characters that can make me laugh.

Overall, this book was really good and I really enjoyed it.
Crystal Singer
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love it when Carly Phillips re-releases a series. It gives me the chance to re read and fall in love all over again. I love Lexie and Coop's story. Little bit of mystery, drama and a whole lot of sexiness! Their chemistry is undeniable from the moment they meet and the ride that Carly takes us on from the first page to the last is a great one! Highly recommend this one!
Alyssa Edmonds
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had a bit of a rushed ending but it also definitely became one of my favourite reads throughout the story. Several different stories intertwined together making it an interesting read nonetheless. I wish this story had more pages though because I definitely want to read into the future of Coop's and Lexie's story! The suspense of this book has moved me into the second and final book in this series however. Win-Win!
Elaina
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a nice change from many of the books I've read lately. There is still the romance and steamy encounters, but the storyline was something new and fun to follow with its twists and turns. The mystery behind the ring captured my attention and kept it through the end. And the secondary characters of Charlotte and Sylvia were so much fun. Can't wait to start book 2 in this series.
Angie Reed
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam Cooper is a crime reporter and hopeful mystery writer and has become the next newest victim of the Bachelor Blog. Lexie is a web designer interested in purchasing the ring Sam was given for her grandmother. Lexie’s Grandmother and her friends are up to something and I love their antics. Soon it is discovered that the ring is stolen property. The twists in this story made it a fun book to read.
Rachel
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: given-by-author, 2017
A hot bachelor. A unique and caring woman. And a mystery to solve. How could I not want to read it? I delved in expecting a typical contemporary romance, but I got so much more. This was a rare instance when I found myself loving the secondary characters even more than the two main characters. I could easily see myself becoming best friends with Grandma. I have a few suspicions on who might be writing the Bachelor Blog as well, and hope I find out for sure in future books.
Angie Reed
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicki Holt
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story filled with stolen jewelry, hot bachelor blog and a grandmother who used to be a thief. Even through the twists and turns, Coop and Lexie find love and acceptance. Overcoming the need to run and learning to stop concentrating on your past failures made this book a great read.
Cathie
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like this book, it had a little mystery and romance all wrapped into one. Sam and Lexi's characters were very enjoyable, and the crazy grandma and her friend were a little sneaky and funny.
Melissa B
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads, arc
I always enjoy Carly's books and this one was no exception! The story line had me intrigued and I couldn't put it down. This book was a fun, sexy read and the characters chemistry was off the charts hot! Coop and Lexie will pull you in and not let go until the very end!
Yaritza Rivera
This is a really interesting story. I love the suspense, the romance, the chemistry everything is great. I enjoy reading it and couldn't stop reading till the end.

I received a free copy in exchange of my honest review.
  • Solitary Man
  • Burning Up
  • Crazy For Love
  • Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters, #1)
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • Crush on You (Three Kisses, #1)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • Tangled Up in Love (Chicks with Sticks #1)
  • Mad, Bad and Blonde (West Investigations, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Bachelor Blogs (2 books)
  • Love Me If You Dare (Bachelor Blogs, #2)

“I said, why can’t the world all convert to using Macs? Everything takes longer and is harder on a PC.” 0 likes
“I never remember to do that stuff on my own.” “I figured. I’m also updating your virus software and installing some other free programs to keep this thing running well.” 0 likes