Start by marking “Get Over It and On with It: How to Get Up When Life Knocks You Down” as Want to Read:
Get Over It and On with It: How to Get Up When Life Knocks You Down

Get Over It and On with It: How to Get Up When Life Knocks You Down

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
We all have dreams and expectations of life. But life is unpredictable. No matter what we do or how we live, we are certain to encounter trials and setbacks, frustrations and real suffering. The question is, how are we to respond when we are blindsided by troubles? What can we do when life knocks the wind out of us?

If you’re like most people, when hardship hits you can th
Published February 4th 2009 by WaterBrook (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Get Over It and On with It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Over It and On with It

Kelly Oliphant-wright
This is one of her BEST books. I bought copies for two friends after reading it and highly recommend it to others. Hammond's real life perspective and personal stories make this book applicable to anyone who has been knocked down by life. Her "advice" is straight from the Word of God but doesn't end up sounding sanctimonious. Her writing style makes you feel like you are chatting with a girlfriend you haven't seen in ages. I am a huge fan! Anyone who reads this book will be extremely blessed by ...more
Blenda
Sep 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this easy to read, and many of her comments very insightful. To me, it was not as predictable/boring as some books seem to be. The format of short chapters and questions is easy to follow, for a counseling type book. I'm happy that she includes supporting Scriptures throughout. I don't think you need to have been through a tragedy to read it. It generalizes out well to many types of trials.
Mariann
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book completely moved me. A friend gave it to me in 2007 and several times I picked it up and tried to read it and put it down. Well I believe God called me to read this book now because he knew I would finally respond to it. It taught me to press through my hardships, reach the other side of my pain and move on, and what God wants for me.
Kassel
Mar 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who deal with depression
My go-to book when I am in the throes of depression. Simple and straightforward with short chapters that are like bite-sized nuggets of wisdom. Didn't finish before because my life got my better, but I hope to make it through this time.
Mikaela
My aunt sent me this. It's a great read, but def geared towards women who are married with kids.
Shatarra
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is simply amazing. I love Michelle's sense of humor and pure honesty. She really lays it out! I strongly recommend this book to anyone who is in need encouragement.
Ms. Tammie
Sep 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a older book but a must read
LaRena
Jun 04, 2015
Margaret
Sep 01, 2007
From her official website:

As a bestselling author, speaker, singer and television co-host, Michelle has authored over 30 books (selling over one million copies worldwide), including best-selling titles The Diva Principle, Sassy, Single and Satisfied, 101 Ways to Get and Keep His Attention, and Secrets of an Irresistible Woman. A gifted vocalist, Michelle has recorded two CD’s, It’s Amazing and Le
More about Michelle McKinney Hammond...