Start by marking “Goddess of Troy (Goddess Summoning, #6)” as Want to Read:
Goddess of Troy (Goddess Summoning, #6)

Goddess of Troy

(Goddess Summoning #6)

Reissue of Warrior Rising

Goddesses Hera, Athena and Venus have had it up to here with the Trojan War. So much devastation - all because of male egos. The worst of the bunch is Achilles, the Greek champion whose powers have made him practically invincible. To stop him would be to end the war. But the only way to stop a man like Achilles is to distract him - with something f
Paperback, UK edition, 384 pages
Published June 2nd 2011 by Piatkus Books (first published May 6th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Goddess of Troy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goddess of Troy

Ana
 photo tumblr_m51z4stYsv1r3nhglo1_500_zpsqtu2mgfz.gif

photo tumblr_mrye2s2IV21soyyieo2_500_zpsask8ycso.gif

Achilles! Hector! Odysseus! Patroclus! Time travel! Scheming goddesses!

Have I captured your interest? This book is ridiculous. And I loved every second of it.

I wish I had my own TARDIS so I could time travel back to ancient Troy. For purely academic reasons of course. Not to seduce Achilles. Scout's honor!

Kimchi
I actually started to read the book at 3am last night and i couldn't put it down. I thought it would be boring and put me to sleep instead it was totally diffrent. Witty, funny, downright sinful. I loved it, and I could not get enough of it. Cant wait for the nex book....... She is continuing to stay at the top of my favorite author's list. LOVED the book
Burak
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yine çok güzel bir Tanrıça kitabıydı. Bu kitabı da çok sevdim ama sadece Tanrıça serisinin bir parçası olduğu için değil. İlk okuduğum mitolojik kitap Truva'dan Dönüştü. Truva savaşı sonrasını anlatıyordu. Bir serinin ikinci kitabı olmasına ve ilk kitabı okumamama rağmen (ki hala okumadım bi ara başlıyayım bari) çok etkilenmiş ve sevmiştim. Mitoloji bilgimin çoğu o kitaptan gelir. Tabii daha vahşi ve kanlıydı. Hey gidi günler neyse sadece çevirmenin Aşil'i Akhilleus olarak yazmasına takıldım lan ...more
Heather
Absolutely fantastic to read about Athena, Venus and Hera getting together to stop the big bad "silly" men from fighting in the Trojan War any longer. P.C. Cast NEVER fails to write a book I will love forever.
Rachel
P.C. Cast steals my breath away. I have not started her YA series, but her adult writings... *shivers*. One of my favorite book of hers is Warrior Rising. It's based on the famous Greek Trojan War. It's the 6th book to the Goddess Summoning series -- which you don't have to read in order, they're all separate stories -- and in my opinion of the hottest. You follow 31 year old Kat who gets sucked into an 18 year old body. She's supposed to stop Achilles from advancing the war. This is where my pe ...more
Jordan
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hi-larious, real-love
*sighs*
I don’t know where to begin.
This book left me speechless.

*looks up*
I need inspiration because i cannot describe this book.
I freaking loved this book. It has to be the best in this series.
Someone give P.C Cast a medal because she deserves one.
This was pure genius.
Honestly speaking i hated the Trojan War because of how it turned out but this book made me love it.
I never put down this book from the minute i got it and actually got in trouble with my bio and chem teacher for not paying attent
oshawnteexo
Loved it! I love Greek mythology and this one was a winner :)
Charlotte Phillips
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
P.C.Cast will always and forever remain as one of my favorite authors. No matter how similar or predictable her books may be, they always attract me and keep me reading. I love the way that she writes her novels with such a huge sense of reality and yet how she seems to keep this sense of historical truth in her piece as well. I felt that there was a lot within this book that was worth reading, enough to keep the adrenaline racing and have me wanting to NOT put the book down. The author made me ...more
Jodi Yorston
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc-cast
Also known as Warrior Rising. This is an amazing story with a little twist. I loved the modern and the ancient coming together to bring you a story that is sure to have your attention. I recommend all the Goddess Summoning series I wish she where to write more!
Faybear
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this was an incredible story based on the Great battle of Troy... i fell in love with Achilles.. PC Cast is just so good at capturing the heart and soul with these books..
Hamza
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tanrıça Serisinin altıncı kitabı Truva Tanrıçası, iki gecede bitti. Serinin her kitabı olduğu gibi bu da akıcıydı. Yazarın betimlemeleri o kadar güzel ki .. Karakterler arasındaki diyaloglar öyle komikti ki kahkaha attığım yerler fazlaydı. Kitabı okurken hiç bitsin istemedim, kendimi Akhilleus ile birlikte Truva Savaşında hissettim. Helen ve Parisi de gördüğümüz iyi oldu burada. Mitoloji seven herkesin okuması gereken bir seri olduğunu düşünüyorum.

Kitabın konusu:
Tanrıça Hera, Athena ve Venüs, T
Antigone G.
May 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5
This book started a conflict between my heart and my brain. There is a part of me that really enjoyed it – mainly because it’s set during the Trojan War, a.k.a my favorite time in ancient Greek history, and because it’s basically a love story about Achilles a.k.a bae –, but there is also another – more rational – part that can definitely see how flawed it truly was. To be honest I think this is the perfect book to pick up if you’re into a quick, entertaining read with a fiery r
Adriana
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
Another fun and charming volume of the Goddess Summoning series, this is the story of what happens when three of the major goddesses (Hera, Athena and Venus) decide that the Trojan War has gone on long enough and hatch a plot to have a modern woman (Kat) distract the Greek warrior Achilles so that the war can finally end. It’s positively addicting. I started right before bed, only to put it down out of sheer exhaustion and wake up extra early to finish it.
Everyone knows how the Trojan War ends,
Lavi
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ancient Greek Junkies
I can say as an Ancient Greek junkie and because of my total infatuation for the Trojan War and Brad Pitt Achilles I absolutely had to read this book and I am so incredibly glad I did because I loved it.

The characters were real and likable and it was so different from the regular YA book where they both are teenagers at High school in some small town in America with a Mary Sue female protagonist and Hot, Mysterious and painfully boring guy as a love interest.

I found myself cheering Kat on which

Fel
It's been so long since I last read book by P.C. Cast and now I remember why I loved her stories.

I loved the contrast between the characters and I absolutely loved the bickering between Kat and Jacky.

I want one wounded and scarred Achilles for myself, despite being a warrior that is feared by all he is also just a guy that wants to be accepted and there are times we get a glimpse of his shy side. Utterly adorable!

One thing I didn't like is how Kat willingly handed the Trojans on a silver platte
Water &
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warrior Rising becamed one of my favorite book of Goddess Summoning series. This book which is based on the famous Trojan War is hottttt. Who wouldn't like to get sucked into an 18 year old beautiful body when you are 31 years old?!
İn this book independent, fierce, smart Kate, who are 31 years gets sucked into a 18 year old body by 3 different godesses: Hera, Venus, Athena... She must stop Achilles from advancing the war. Achilles hard, sexyyy, sweet, innocent, wonderful man... ( İ think İ'm in
Denise
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A funny and totally "girls best friend" kind of book. I laughed out loud at many of Kat and Jacky's comments to each other. Both ladies were very much "modern mortals" in their opinions and attitudes and I think the ancient world will never be the same with them in it! And even though some of the plot was a bit far-fetched (the ending for one), it was still a tale that caught me and wouldn't let me go until the last page.

My favorite line of the story: "Gentle reader, please understand that by '
M1ssb3rry
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my favourite in the series
it was also the first one that I had read and made me decide on reading all the others

I absolutely love jackie, her quirky and feisty nature was a breathe of fresh air, her reaction when they woke up in troy is the sole reason why I read the book from start to finish all over again
I like that PC uses strong female characters and that she doesnt make them young and inexperienced or anything like that, this is quite refreshing

Also, I like that she totally changes the war
Steffi
Lang lang ist es her, dass ich die anderen Bücher der Reihe gelesen habe und mindestens genauso lange lag das Buch auch auf meinem Sub. Die Bücher der Reihe lassen sich jedoch komplett unabhängig voneinander lesen.

Ich fand das Buch zwar unterhaltsam, aber ich habe auch gemerkt, dass sich mein Lesegeschmack sehr gewandelt hat.
Die Geschichte selbst ist sehr dünn und einfach gehalten, aber der Humor hat einiges wieder aufgewogen und es gab wirklich ein paar klasse Sprüche. Auch der Schreibstil war
Lover of Romance
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Warrior Rising is the first book I have ever picked up by this author, but when I saw it available at my local library, I decided it was time to finally pick this author up. I have had this author on my watchlist for quite some time. I am such a fan of mythology themed romances, and even though this book was a bit unconventional at times, it definitely sucked me instantly into the story.

The story begins with three goddesses of Olympus-Athen
Songül
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eğlenceli , seksi ve karizmatik karakterlerle örülü başından sonuna kadar sıkılmadan okunacak güzel bir mitolojik hikaye ..Seri içerisinde Bahar , Deniz Tanrıçasından sonra 3.favori kitabım diyebilirim herhalde..Kat ve Jacky nin diyaloglarının keyfi , Hera -Athena ve Venüs ün bu iki ölümlü kadın karşısındaki kafa karışıklığı ve şaşkınlığını yazar çok güzel yansıtmış , Öyle ki her an yanlarındaymışçasına okumak yerine görmenizi sağlamış diye düşünüyorum..Ve tabii Akhilleus onun çaresizliği , yaln ...more
Yaa
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was the first book i read from P.C. Cast. I got this book for my 16th Birthday. I started to read it then but then put it down. In January, on a train trip i took this book with me and i looved it! I feel very guilty i didn't read it earlier.
The book is about the Trojan War and how to modern woman land there to end it. I always thought: I know how the War ended and so i thought it is going to be a end i already know. But(!!) i really was surprised!
This book is amazing and made me read more B
Shanna Dodd
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is light and funny. A fun read. I enjoyed it enormously and intend to read more from this author.
I don't usually read romances. If you've read a few, you've read them all. There are exceptions and I'm happy to say this is one of them.
It's well crafted. Original and imaginative. P.C. Cast knows mythology because only a knowledgeable person could so thoroughly turn a well known legend on its' ear so completely without losing the equally educated reader.
Highly recommended!

Kristen
A comical romance involving the spirits of two cheeky women from the modern world being transferred into the bodies of a princess and her maid in the mythological world - thanks to three Goddesses - Athena, Venus, and Hera - who want to end the Trojan war. Venus decides that Kat can help overcome the beserker in Achilles and make him able to have a longer life than prophesized. It's very funny, full of cheeky woman dialogue, some interesting sexual encounters and a good amount of violence. Overa ...more
Judith
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
absolutely loved this book P.C Cast could do no wrong in my eyes.

the two heroines were sassy and insane, i loved Jacky i love the way that P.C can capture the humor of the black women in her books without it being stereotypical of even borderline racist, because i'm a black woman and i know that if i woke up tomorrow and my palm and the back of my hand were the same shade i would react in the same way.

i really loved how she puts her own spin on myths.

i am a fan
Kristy
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of P.C. Cast's Goddess Summoning series. This book really stands out as one of the best in the series so far. It was really creative to have the Trojan War as the background to a time-travel romance. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
Kakina
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I really enjoyed the authors spin on this story, in the beginning I wasn't to sure because I've seen the film of troy and have read different versions of it but never liked the endings, well, the author has definitely given me another view to this story and loved it, thanks.
Andrea
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
I really enjoyed this retelling of the Trojan War. I liked how modern mythology was twisted and mainly rumors. It was quite interesting to see that Achilles was possessed by a Beserker rage rather than being invulnerable from the River Styx.

The plan the three goddesses came up with was kind of crazy, but I admire their ingenuity. I also absolutely loved Kat and Jackie. I love seeing strong, independent, modern woman going back into ancient times and kicking some ass. One of my favorite aspects
Reedy
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i have no idea why i keep reading cast's novels. this is my third, and while it's my favorite of the three, it's still not good.this time, she applies her overwrought themes of Girl Power to the Iliad. i'm all for female empowerment, but please do not mess with my ancient epics.

to air a personal grievance, i can't stand when audiences apply modern ideals to ancient texts, theories, etc. it's unreasonable.

also, the goddesses within are represented as flighty and all too easily impressed by "mod
Brittany
This book is the 6th in the Goddess Summoning series by P.C. Cast and also my favorite. The trojan war is one of my all time favorite myths. I loved reading the Iliad and the Odyssey and who can forget the movie Troy with Brad Pitt? I love how P.C. Cast breathes new life and love into this tale. This is my second time through this series but I can still say that this book is my favorite.

The third time through and I still love it!
Achilles 6 15 Jan 22, 2014 04:58PM
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Fallen (Dark God Saga, #1)
  • How to Lose an Extraterrestrial in 10 Days (Otherworldly Men, #3)
  • Hot as Hades
  • Dawn: The Return of the Goddess
  • The Stone Prince (Imperia, #1)
  • A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus, #1)
  • The Beast's Bride (Once Upon a Time Travel, #2)
  • The Storm (Sons of Destiny, #6)
  • Dazzling Brightness (Greek Myths, #1)
  • Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2)
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • The Sun Witch (Fyne Witches, #1)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Desperate Housewives of Olympus (Ambrosia Lane #1)
  • The Vampire Dimitri (Regency Draculia, #2)
  • Immortal Beloved (The Knight Trilogy, #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more

Goddess Summoning (7 books)
  • Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1)
  • Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)
  • Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3)
  • Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4)
  • Goddess of Love (Goddess Summoning, #5)
  • Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)
“Sweet weeping baby Jesus he has a six-pack to beat all six-packs!” 42 likes
“Seminaked men!” Jacky trilled.
“With swords,” Kat purred. “It is a romance novel!”
32 likes