Start by marking “Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels (The Silent Speaker, Might As Well Be Dead / If Death Ever Slept / Three at Wolfe's Door / Gambit / Please Pass the Guilt/ A Family Affair)” as Want to Read:

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  153 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Complete and Unabridged. Includes seven complete Nero Wolfe Novels; The Silent Speaker, Might as Well Be Dead, If Death Ever Slept, 3 at Wolfe's Door, Gambit, Please Pass the Guilt, A Family Affair.
Published August 11th 1990 by Random House Value Publishing (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels

M. J.
Dec 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-fiction
Sometimes several titles are put in one book because they are closely related sequential stories, as we find with, say, The Chronicles of Narnia, or the Skeeve and Ahz Mythadventures. Sometimes it is done because there is one famous title and a batch of others that won't sell without riding on the coattails of the one, possibly for good reason. Sometimes a collection is a "best of", someone's chosen favorites. It is difficult for me to say whether this is that last type, as I have only read thre ...more
Cashman
Again, childhood reading for me, re-read during an extended stay in Louisiana. (I forget which exact titles I re-read this time, but know in earlier days I read the whole series.) I enjoy these mysteries for the preposterousness of many of the characters; no post-modern irony here, but each could be in many ways a caricature of him- or her-self. I also read one of the "continuations" of the series: talk about caricatures and precious prose!

I think at this point in my life I like the idea of Nero
Emily M
Jun 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Rex Stout is a fantastic mystery. His characters are meticulously drawn and brilliantly conceived. Each mystery is fascinating--the reader is bound to learn a great deal about history, trivia, culture, and society all while enjoying the story. I love a book that teaches while it entertains.
Ruffin
Jun 28, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
classic mystery lovers. gambit was my favorite. please pass the guilt was disappointing, mostly because the absurd placement of LSD.
Molly Hansen
Rex Stout is always a comfortable read for me, and I've read the entire Nero Wolfe series. I like to take Nero Wolfe with me when I travel, so for me, the more stories the better!
Christie
Jim
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Murder in E Minor
  • The Origin of Evil (Ellery Queen Detective, #22)
  • The Case of the Mythical Monkeys (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • Murder for Christmas
  • The Hunter and Other Stories
  • Bye Bye, Baby (Nathan Heller, #15)
  • Spade & Archer: The Prequel to Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon
  • The 38 Million Dollar Smile (Donald Strachey, #10)
  • Devil's Garden
  • When One Man Dies (Jackson Donne, #1)
  • The Blue Dahlia
  • More Beer
  • The Ice Cradle
  • More From the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency: Blue Shoes and Happiness / The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
  • The Black Lizard Big Book of Locked-Room Mysteries
  • Let's Face the Music and Die (Lauren Laurano, #4)
  • Murder in Clichy (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #5)
  • The Black Angel
Rex Todhunter Stout (December 1, 1886 – October 27, 1975) was an American crime writer, best known as the creator of the larger-than-life fictional detective Nero Wolfe, described by reviewer Will Cuppy as "that Falstaff of detectives." Wolfe's assistant Archie Goodwin recorded the cases of the detective genius from 1934 (Fer-de-Lance) to 1975 (A Family Affair).

The Nero Wolfe corpus was nominated