Start by marking “Remembrance” as Want to Read:
Remembrance

Remembrance

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  5,824 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Her beloved Italian homeland shattered in the wake of World War II, exquisite Serena, Principessa di San Tibaldo, has nothing left except her name, her ancestry... and her heart which she gives completely and forever to Major Brad Fullerton. But not even Brad's ring—or his child—can protect her from the calculating wrath of the powerful Fullerton dynasty, and the woman who ...more
Published November 1st 1993 by Dell (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Remembrance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembrance

Julie Barrett
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Remembrance by Danielle Steel
Saraina feels like she's been on the train for days and she has been. Others see the pain in her eyes...
She had lived 4 years with the sisters in upstate NY and now she was on her way back home. The war has ended and her home has been under terror.
She's back home but Sergio has sold all of her familys possessions and she knows she will get revenge.
She is hoping to get a job cleaning her old house...the house is being rented from the Army. A major is in residence. Ma
Kathy
Oct 26, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-novels
Joshua
Danielle Steel, capturing the hearts of readers since 1802, with over 567643 best selling novels. Sweeping sagas of brutal realism and heartwarming tales of love and family. With over 34566 of her wonderful books adapted for television movies, Steel has killed brain cells across the globe with her mind numbingly delicious stories of love and life.

Danielle Steel is like crack to me. As terribly far fetched and melodramatic this story was, I enjoyed every minute of it. I even stooped so low as to
Swetha
There are a few books that you can connect yourself to not even knowing why. This was one such book for me. I remember reading it while traveling and though the beauty outside was so alluring, I could not bring myself to stop reading this book. you have to read it to understand what I am trying to say. =)
Bluejamist
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back in the day when adult romances were all I read (though I was far from being an adult then), this book was my ultimate literary buddy. I'd sleep with it, tuck it with me to bed, and carry it everywhere around the house. I probably brought it to school a few times, too, a pocket-sized haven during those gruelling Math hours. I did a lot of crying while reading it; I cried over Serena's platinum blond hair, over Brad's death (he was handsome AND American, and handsome American guys don't die e ...more
Luciana
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It may sound awful now, but when I was a teenager I kind of adored this book. I have a few similar traits with the main character (minus the tragic bits) and at that time it seemed wildly romantic to relate to a story like this. So sue me, but I still have a soft spot for this book, even if I don't really want to read it again.
Caryl Barrow
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story about love, respect

This story was very captivating,had me in tears, a must read for anyone looking for a great story, love it
Carla Wells
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First few chapters were kind of slow, but by the fifth or sixth chapter I was hooked. Danielle Steel yet again grabbed me, and dragged me into another story. I LOVE HER BOOKS
Ary Chest
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful! A true storyteller at work.

Danielle steel isn't known for writing the most complex characters. Her novels are more situation-driven, the life's-a-journey kind of stories. I was surprised to see Serena is a spunky, feisty character. I loved her and all her quirks.

A family betrayal leads to 12 year old Serena to be sent to the United States for safe keeping, where she becomes fluent in English, a skill that comes handy later. After the World War 2 ends, she returns to Italy to find ou
Tammy
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Terralyn Brown Barfield
Couldn't wait for each new Danielle Steel book.
Gabrielle Mae
-- Steel spans two generations of women who learn to cope with the hard life has dealt them and to prevail in spite of the odds. A fast-paced ride!

Impoverished by World War II, Principessa Serena di San Tibaldo is working as a servant in the Italian palazzo once owned by her family when the Americans liberate the country. Beautiful blonde Serena captures the attention of U.S. Army Major Bradford J. Fullerton, member of a wealthy and powerful Manhattan family. Following a whirlwind courtship and
Kris - My Novelesque Life
1 STARS

"Her beloved Italian homeland shattered in the wake of World War II, exquisite Serena, Principessa di San Tibaldo, has nothing left except her name, her ancestry... and her heart which she gives completely and forever to Major Brad Fullerton. But not even Brad's ring—or his child—can protect her from the calculating wrath of the powerful Fullerton dynasty, and the woman who will become Serena's bitter enemy. Sweeping from the war-torn palazzos of Rome to the glittering avenues of Manhatta
Jathan Fink
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set against World War II, 'Remembrance' is classic Steel. Serena is an Italian princess who lost everything. Stripped of her family, her wealth and even her home, she summons her inner strength and works as a maid in her own home when Americans move in and use it for military headquarters. But then she meets a soldier who changes her life and saves her from the devastation of the war. However, like in many of Steel's novels, our heroine's newfound happiness is short lived and Serena must reinven ...more
Maryann Fox
I re read this book because it was one of my favorites and it didn't disappoint.

A beautiful young Italian princess and an army officer fall in love.

His mother and former fiance treat her horribly while her husband is alive and continue to do so after his tragic death. Many years later when she dies the"hatred" continues towards her daughter.

Her daughter blo0cks out her mother's death and knowledge of her baby sister while being raised by her adoring uncle.

Many years later a "trigger" occurs and
Muneera
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the reasons why I read Danielle Steel's books is because a friend of mine brought a whole lot of them and they're just sitting there at home wanting someone to read them. The other reason is because I know that there's a happy ending and my expectations are almost always correct in terms of what's going to happen next in the plot, which can be boring when everything you expect to happen happens. Moreover, she makes her main characters sound impeccable and unrealistic at the same time.

I u
Kwenadi
Jul 16, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
it talks about a young girl who lost everything in war.her parents were killed,she had to leave the country, and when she came back everything and everyone she once loved was gone....died....
up 2 so far,i have learnt that whatever the situation u are in,there will always be the light at the end of the turnel.U have 2be strong for the sake of those that look up to you and never give up.People might look down on you, but dont give them the satisfaction,by doing what they want.believe in yourself,g
Jayjay
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its been awhile since I read a book that had me so engrossed as this one. The story is superbly written dragging the reader through all the highs and lows as if they are living the story. This book has abit of everything in it and i wouldn't pin it down to one genre. Highly recommend this one to anyone who likes reading.
Stephanie Hurt
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first real romance novel I read as a teenager and after that I was hooked. I lost my copy when I married and moved to my new home, but I was in a bookstore one day and there it was. It was like finding an old friend. I have read it several times and if you have seen it, well you know how long it is. I even watched the made for tv movie, not as great as the book.
Pragti Rathore
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book:))
Well Researched and showing a new side of love, it was a classic book:D

Danielle Steel has beautifully projected two generations of women in a family. Though I was not completely satisfied with the ending and was planning on getting more, the book was still a wonderful read.
Well Recommended:)
Anarchic Rain
Ok, non so proprio da dove iniziare per trovare una giustificazione al fatto di aver letto due (e dico due) libri del genere. Ero piccola? Vero, ma poco dopo leggevo Anna Karenina, quindi non ero così sciocca. Li ho scambiati per altro?
No, ok, non ho giustificazioni.
Vado a farmi altri cinque minuti (giorni?) di vergogna.
Kate Flick
May 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, this is another by Jude Devereaux that I absolutely LOVE! There was a time when I enjoyed writing stories to entertain myself, and this book made me think twice about some of the characters I created. If you can stomach a 'cough, cough' romance novel, and you want one to make you happy, read on!
Brandy
I thought this book was very similar to Kaleidoscope. Soldier in WWII meets foreign wife. Tragic things happen and wife gets murdered. Kids are messed up and grow up apart. Very similar. Don't get me wrongs, I liked the story and it kept me reading, it was just similar to the other one. It was a shame that Serena had to die.
Patti
I have read a couple of Danielle Steele novels, and remember the made-for-tv movies adapted from her novels in the 1970s, which were entertaining enough. This is my favorite story of hers. I loved the Italian setting in particular. This was a surprisingly entertaining read.
Nyss
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I realize that I am right when I wrote that Danielle Steel's older novels are the only novels of hers worth reading.

This book was published in 1983.

This book is as complex as Zoya or Daddy. This is the book that Danielle Steel should write.
Bonnie Staughton
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Danielle Steel book that I have ever read. I enjoyed it. The author did a great job of describing Rome & Paris, places I have never been. I could easily visualize the scenes. Based on my enjoyment of reading this book, I would definitely read more of the author's books.
Sheri Ali
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, a very nicely written love story. There was a big selection of characters, yet I was able to understand how they think. However, am not a huge fan of the last chapter where she went got involved with the brother of the man who killed her mom.
Stephanie Vandagriff
I loved this book! This is the only one I've read by Danielle Steele but it was so good. It tugged on all your heart strings...I laughed, I cried, I got angry - everything! It was a page turner and I would so recommend it!!
Yara
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate to admit it, but this book i absolutely loved! I read it over and over and over again. It's a long story with many plots, i adored all the characters and it really played my emotions.

Call me lame, but i love this book :D
Around the Year i...: Remembrance, by Danielle Steel 3 14 Jan 09, 2016 08:19AM
Danielle Steel Bo...: Remembrance 1 2 Nov 20, 2012 03:14AM
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Captain From Castile
  • Danielle Steel
  • Secrets of the Red Lantern: Stories and Recipes from the Heart
  • Just Revenge
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • The Massacre at Fall Creek
  • Desire Under the Elms
  • Inheritance
  • Secret Weapon Spouse (Miami Confidential #1)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Lake Magic
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...