Start by marking “Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)

Blood Witch

(Wicca #3)

Morgan has found her mother's Wiccan tools, and her relationship with Cal is strong. Everything seems perfect. Except that Cal's half brother, Hunter, is stalking them. Hunter claims to be a Seeker who is investigating Cal for the misuse of magick. Who can she trust?
Published April 23rd 2001 by "Puffin"

To ask other readers questions about Blood Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Witch

Julie Zantopoulos
This is a 3.5 star book but I'm rounding up because FINALLY, we see some character flaws in the main love interest that I've been anticipating since the start of book 2. I'm loving these audio books because they're incredibly fast, fun, and I'm enjoying the main character. I'm excited to see where Cate goes with the storyline in future books.
Abbie
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Morgan annoyed me one or two times in this, but she wasn't a bad character.

This was another okay read in the series, but again, the pacing was quite slow. It dragged a bit for me.
Sadie
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is defiantly a solid 4.5
It starts out slow in the beginning but it still keeps you hooked. I feel so sorry for the fate that became Morgan at the end of the last chapter. *if you read the book, cue the heart wrenching depth of what happened*.
I can not wait to finish this series.
Cate Tiernan—YOU WOUND ME.
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
It's not fair that Morgan was blessed with magic. She's so daft.
This is my fastest skim ever. She's worst than Bella Swan.

“Sometimes I feel like I don’t know anything,” I heard myself blurt out.

Well, at least she knows this. I'm not sure if I still want to read about narrow-minded & foolish Morgan.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Morgan discovers that Cal's mom Selen hided her birthmother's Book of Shadows, she claims it and learns many things about her mother, family and origins: She is a Woodbanes, but her clan revoked evil Wicca, unlike Cal, who happened to have a step-brother who evokes the strongest feelings in her, who also is a Seeker hunting wicked witches like his name "Hunter", Hunter has a friend, her name is Sky and she makes a new coven with Bree and Raven joining her, looking to dissolve Cal's coven.

Morgan
Grace the Book Queen
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 4-stars
Another great addition to the series! We continue to watch Morgan grow and learn more about her mother. We also get to see more of the mysterious Sky and Hunter. The only thing I didn't like was how Morgan is being somewhat blind to how Cal has been behaving lately. Is there something big that he's hiding??? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Kate
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What the heck is going on?! I cannot STOP reading! I love this series!!! ❤ ...more
Dee
Nov 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Overall: The Sweep series by Cate is a light read, yet still really interesting. I felt like this was the sorbet course, a hiatus, amidst my reading of George RR Martin's much weightier tomes. Every novel covers Magick, young love and fitting in (or not!).

However, a novel in the Sweep series is so short that it is almost a chapter in the lives of the characters.
Plus: The Wiccan research is pretty intense, and the books give an authentic feel to being in a coven and the troubles/challenges a youn
Katrina
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hard-copies
Once again, nothing really happened in this book. I feel like the conversations Morgan has with everyone are very repetitive. I still have more books to read from this series, but I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it or not. I've given this book three stars because it wasn't that bad, but if the plot doesn't pick up soon I don't know if I can bring myself to make it all the way to book 15.
Joan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Pet peeve: when people call Wicca an "ancient" religion when it was actually first conceptualized in the 20th century.
Whitney
Plot

Finally, three books in, we get something that is starting to look like the beginning of a plot in Blood Witch. It doesn’t really happen until the last half of the book, but hey, beggars can’t be choosers, I suppose. Things don’t look like what they seem with certain witches, but there’s not a lot going on. I assume the next book will develop the plot further, but until then, we’re left with just a little scrap in this book. I will admit, though, that it’s enough to make me curious.

Writing

T
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Woowy Zowwy!!

If anything - the endings of these books are fantastic!

Talk about evil cliffies! I'm already standing on the edge screaming NOES!!! because I don't have the next book.

I so wonder how people who read this series as it was released dealt with it. I wouldn't have had the patience.

"Blood Witch" starts right where "The Coven" left off. Morgan is in Selene's private hidden library where she find's her birth mom's Book of Shadows. Oh snap! And since we already know all about Mauve's Book o
Charlotte Phillips
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
And so the plot thickens. Things are beginning to unwind and show themselves already and we are onl onto Book three. It appears now that not everything might be what it appears to be, that perhaps there is a bit of covering up going on and those who are kinda nd gentle are being blinded from the truth. What I love about this series so far is the fact that nothing seems to be overly obvious. There are still secrets and mysteries to be worked out and that of course means there is this huge sense o ...more
Leonard Becker III
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
SPOILERS! RANT!
The world in this series is slowly getting more and more fascinating with each novel. But sadly, the narrator (wonderful Morgan) is an idiot. There I said it, she is so dumb it is annoying. Morgan is the "O.G" of witches in this world but for some reason, she is an idiot. Yes, it is obvious your lovely boyfriend is using you for your powers. He literally says it at every circle your coven cast, but for some reason, he can not fathom or understand when Hunter tells it to you, to yo
J.
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, sweep, ya, wicca
This one was somewhat better. I still think I know what the big twist is or will be. Seems to me like Tiernan is dragging it out. The ending was anticlimactic in my opinion.

Oh poor little Morgan... I'll likely read the next one just to see when she FINALLY realizes she's just a tool. I just hope it's not too late now for her.

That said, I still feel like the overarching series needs work. What saved this one was the introduction of new "mysterious" characters. I'll admit though that it took me a
WTF Are You Reading?
The third book in this amazing series is more of a joy to read than the first two.
This is the book in which we see Morgan start to come into her own. She is starting to realize who she is as a person and a witch. She is making choices that are taking her away from what others think is the right course of action for her, and toward what she believes to be right.
The author chooses to include entries from both Cal(Sgath) and Hunter (Giomanach) Book of Shadows. Once again, I find myself a little
Heartlessqueen
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Suzie
OK, so yesterday as I finished up the last book, I was set to trashing this series and, getting most of the way through this book, I was even more determined. I just hate not finishing a book, it feels rude. I mean an Author has struggled and worked so hard to write a novel, be it good or bad, so the least I can do is finish what I have started.

So, my mind being made up that once I finished this book in the series, I would go not further, when suddenly all the YA angst and whining, whilst still
Chani
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can see where this is going and I'm not impressed. I also am just annoyed at the lack of creativity character wise. The whole best friends split up by a guy and then become enemies? I don't want to read stories about characters like that. Where are the positive messages? Who thought it would be a good idea to write about girls stabbing each other in the back, parents being unsupportive, and a man being the center of a woman's life? I dislike authors who do not give young adults honest, valuabl ...more
RuthAnn
Jan 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
After laughing hysterically at the first 2 books in this series, why did I continue to torture myself with the third? The answer is simply because all 3 of these books were together in 1 volume.

That being said, Blood Witch was not nearly as laugh out loud ridiculous as the previous 2 installments of this series. Don't get me wrong, it was still terrible, it just wasn't as bad. It seemed like the author was finally satisfied that she'd educated the readers enough about Wicca and she could finally
Grits Helme
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
There is no plot here. The coming inevitable twist is pretty obvious, and I feel it's being dragged out for far too long. Which may be a talent in itself given how short these books are.

I know I'll enjoy the series overall, but this third installment... ugh. Nothing happens until the end, and even then I'm pretty sure nothing actually happens.

I'll be reading the next book very soon. Not so much because I can't stand not knowing what's going to happen to Morgan, but because I actually care much m
Cinthia
Amna Houlin
Let's just say that this book gave a good laugh. Oh god these are characters are just too stupid XD.

Full Review:https://teabagsandbooks.wordpress.com...
Stefanie
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I read it in one day, I couldnt lay it down! Its awesome! ...more
Say-Boo!!!!!
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is really starting to get good now. I like the introduction of Cal's brother Hunter to the cast. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
Sanne
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I dont know who to trust anymore. Cal or Hunter. what just happened?!
Anna
When Morgan discovers her biological mother’s Book of Shadows, she finds herself searching for more answers about her family and the abilities she possesses as a Blood Witch. As her power grows and tensions build between members of a new coven, Morgan will need to choose who to believe and trust.

“Now I was nervous. Her voice was calm, but I sensed leashed anger underneath.”

Cate Tiernan once again weaves a story full of magic, romance, and mystery in Blood Witch, the third book of the Sweep serie
Casia Courtier
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was able to finish this book in one day. Ahh, just like the good ol' days. That said, Blood Witch is the third book in a series I read back in seventh grade and decided that I'd like to revisit the series. The series deals with Morgan, a normal teenager who finds out that she is special. She is a blood witch. With the introduction to Wicca, her life changes. She has found love and is forced to fight for her own beliefs.

Blood Witch begins where The Coven ends. We learn more about the world of B
Kelly (Simply Kelina) C.
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

Honestly, I was expecting to go into this and hate it. I thought it was going to be very YA, and just not something I would get into. I ended up loving this and I am already almost half way through the second book in the series. Excited to see where this goes, as there was really only introductions to everything in book one.

I really liked the direction book two took, and the mystery around the history of Morgan. I am really enjoying how quick these are as well, as I think they are great read
Lydia
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I spent most of this book rolling my eyes. Like full body eye rolls.

I just wanted the book to be about Morgan (the name is still so cliche) learning about her past and coming to terms with that. Buuuutt that would require the main character to completely change and not be such an idiot. She's supposed to be smart but she is not. She's every paranormal romance Bella. The concept of the clans and all of that is really interesting but the execution is severely lacking.

Again, recommending to since
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Book Discussions ...: * Blood Witch 1 3 Mar 12, 2013 02:04PM

• And it Harm None (Circle of Three, #13)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Revelations (Fingerprints, #6)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Into the Cold Fire (Daughters of the Moon, #2)
"was born in New Orleans, LA, in 1961. New Orleans is one of the most interesting American cities, and it has an incredibly rich and exotic culture that had a profound influence on me. Kids in other cities have lemonade stands; we sold voodoo gris-gris and made wax dolls in the likenesses of our enemies. It's a very beautiful city, and the constant heat and humidity make gardens grow out of contro ...more

Wicca (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)
  • The Coven (Sweep, #2)
  • Dark Magick (Sweep, #4)
  • Awakening (Sweep, #5)
  • Spellbound (Sweep, #6)
  • The Calling (Sweep, #7)
  • Changeling (Sweep, #8)
  • Strife (Sweep, #9)
  • Seeker (Sweep, #10)
  • Origins (Sweep, #11)
“Of course, when we got home, we found that Dagda had peed on my down comforter. He had also eaten part of Mom's maidenhair fern and barfed it up on the carpet. Then he had apparently worked himself into a frenzy sharpening his ting by amazingly effective claws on the armrest of my dad's favorite chair.
Now he was asleep on a pillow, curled up like a fuzzy little snail.
"God, he's so cute," I said, shaking my head.”
16 likes