Start by marking “狼と香辛料 XIV” as Want to Read:
狼と香辛料 XIV

狼と香辛料 XIV

(狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel #14)

銀細工師フランに北の地図を作ってもらえることになったロレンス。これでホロとヨイツまで行けると思ったのも束の間、再訪したレノスの町で禁書にまつわる騒動に巻き込まれてしまう。どうやらその禁書には、ヨイツを窮地に陥れる技術が記されているらしい。テレオ村の少女エルサやレノスの酒場の娘など、懐かしい面々も登場するシリーズ第14弾。
文庫, 344 pages
Published February 10th 2010 by アスキー・メディアワークス

To ask other readers questions about 狼と香辛料 XIV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 狼と香辛料 XIV

Start your review of 狼と香辛料 XIV
Kyle
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last couple volumes in the series were a bit disappointing for me, so I can say that I was both relieved and delighted to find this volume's style and story to be more like the beginning of the series. While not as economically connected of a story as some of the previous entries, the economic story was well integrated into the story without putting too much emphasis on it. I also very much enjoyed the focus on the relationship of Holo and Lawrence. Their conversations were nice ...more
Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)
4.5

My first thought after finishing this book was FINALLY! I already had some high expectations after reading quite a few positive reviews. It was heartwarming, wrenching, and very fun and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS SO MUCH!

Plot-wise, this volume was calmer. There were no extremely risky business deals, no obsession with profit. This one focused on the emotions and dynamics of the relationships between all the main cast of characters.

These character's
Robert R.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beginning of the end. Lawrence and Holo return to Lenos (last visited in volume 5) on their way back north. And old acquaintance makes a reappearance and gives Lawrence the kick in the butt he needs to continue being more honest with Holo. So it's fitting in many ways that we've come full circle from vol. 5 to the same city where Lawrence initially confessed to Holo to finally she her officially reciprocate. Along the way, we get to see Lawrence having grown into his relationship with Holo in ...more
Fred Rothganger
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with this series after watching the anime, and picked up the novels to continue the story. Mainly I wanted to see the relationship between Lawrence and Holo work out. Obviously, as the OTP it would, but I just wanted to ship the process. Started with book 6 to see the moment when Lawrence confesses his love to Holo. Book 14 is where Holo finally confesses her love to him.

This book would have been 5 stars, but the sometimes awkward writing dragged it down. I don't think this is
Anniken Haga
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, fantasy
I'm honestly not sure what I think of this book.
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to scream hurrah about either. There was some must longed for character development toward the end, but the rest of the book kind of had this filler feel to it.

Think I need to take a break from this series. There's just 2 books left until the official story arc ends, then a whole book called epilogue, then starts another arc, but I need a break. That may just be the timing of it all, because a lot is going
Estel
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book, and it does move Holo and Lawrence's relationship forward. At the same time it seems there's a lot of time spent with not much happening, and Lawrence being super jealous isn't really a good look for him even if it's reasonable. When he was going to keep the information from Holo that one of her people might still be alive I was pretty upset. I'm going to keep reading and probably enjoying but it's a shame this is a weaker volume when the preceding two were great.
Emily
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as things are falling into place - a map to Yoitsu and the means to get there - Lawrence, Col, and Holo run into Elsa again in Lenos, accompanied by a merchant who asks Lawrence for his help. The problem is, it would mean he couldn't accompany Holo to Yoitsu, and worse, Holo is encouraging him to take the opportunity as it would mean a significant profit for him. He's beyond disappointed, and is determined to find a way... SUCH a good read.
Ricardo Matos
Not much to be said about this one. It's a "slice of life" kind of volume, with not a lot happening regarding the main plot, but a lot of character development. Fun read, and definitely winding up for the final of the series over the next 3 volumes.
Azim SF
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
How many years has it been since the inception of my love for this series... This volume is my personal favourite thus far!
Rita the Parrot Princess
Excellent installment as the series sadly approaches its conclusion.
Aidan
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
finally<3
S.Q. Eries
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-novel
Devin (Mostly Manga)
The more Lawrence and Holo talk about parting ways once they reach Yoitsu, the more I feel sad. I've read fourteen books attached to these two and I really can't imagine them being separated. Only three more books left. These three books are probably going to tear me apart.
Allison
As Spice and Wolf gets close to the end of the series, it certainly isn't trying to hide the fact. This book is so full of "...as our journey draws to a close" moping that, if I weren't so entertained by the rest of it, I would have thrown it across the room. Aside from that, though, this is drawing to a close fairly gracefully. For the first time, the series is depending heavily on callbacks to earlier volumes, which is done in a clear and logical way. The "last big score" that starts to take ...more
myinon
This volume was the first volume in a while that reinforced the reasons for why I love this series. It brought back the topic of economics and how to use that knowledge to solve the novel’s “crisis”. Even more importantly though, it sets up the finale quite nicely, with the finale being a two-parter similar to Spice & Wolf, Vol. 8: The Town of Strife I and Spice & Wolf, Vol. 9: The Town of Strife II.

The finish line is near and I’m eager to find out how it all ends!
Eldon Siemens
only 3 more books and you can already feeling it coming. it hurts, but it's exciting nevertheless. I liked Elsa coming back into the story, and even though it at first felt rather odd, it worked well to push Lawrence forward and fight for what he wants
Mattias Marchese
Milton
Dec 30, 2018
András Kovács
Mar 21, 2013

• 盾の勇者の成り上がり 2 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #2)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 5 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #5) Novel
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 6 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #6)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 3 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #3)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 4 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #4)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 8 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #8)
  • オーバーロード 2 漆黒の戦士 (Overlord Light Novels, #2)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 9
  • オーバーロード 1 不死者の王 (Overlord Light Novels, #1)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 6 (Light Novel)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 10
  • この素晴らしい世界に祝福を! 5 爆裂紅魔にレッツ&ゴー!!
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 13
  • How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom: Volume 1
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 7 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #7)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 1 [Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #1]
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 11
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? 6 [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? 6]

狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 01