Start by marking “狼と香辛料 XI Side Colors II” as Want to Read:
狼と香辛料 XI Side Colors II

狼と香辛料 XI Side Colors II

(狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel #11)

“色“をテーマに綴られる短編集第2弾!

ロレンスたちが港町レノスで出会い、その後ケルーベまで追いかけることとなった、美しき女商人エーブ。貴族であった彼女が、いかにして今のような商人となったのか?“もうひとりの狼”エーブの過去を描く読みごたえ満点の書き下ろし中編『黒狼の揺り籠』。

ホロとロレンスが立ち寄った村では、村人たちが諍いを起こしていた。それを解決するため、ホロが思いついたとんでもない方法とは!?旅の途中の事件を切り取った短編『狼と黄金色の約束』。

ある晴れた日に、一枚の地図を見ながらホロとロレンスが思い立った素敵な寄り道を描く短編『狼と若草色の寄り道』。

ファン必読の、エーブを主人公とした描き下ろし中編「電撃文庫MAGAZINE」誌上に掲載された短編2本を収録。
文庫, 296 pages
Published May 10th 2009 by アスキー・メディアワークス

To ask other readers questions about 狼と香辛料 XI Side Colors II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 狼と香辛料 XI Side Colors II

Start your review of 狼と香辛料 XI Side Colors II
Ricardo Matos
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-novels
Alright i'll be the bad guy and rate it 1 star. By volume 11, only fans on the series will be reading this volume, so it's easy to get buffed reviews (a side story book getting an average of over 4.0 must mean it's a great side story book right?!?)
The first story is uninteresting and makes no sense, as Lawrence is all giddy trying to be top merchant for a settlement when he knows he'll not be doubling back there any time soon.
The second is a dialogue... author refers to how proud she is of it in
Allison
I don't feel like, at the 11th volume in the series, there's much I can say to people who aren't fans of Spice and Wolf or haven't read it. Even though this is a short story collection, any enjoyment of it is going to be tied to the first 10 volumes, one way or another, so I don't want to spend this review praising the series.

For fans of this series, however, the third story in this volume, focusing on rival merchant Eve, makes this whole volume well worth it. Taking up half of the book, this
James Caldwell
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I forgot how much I don't like Cole. Without him getting between Lawrence and Holo in these short stories, I've come to realize that he's a construct to get in the way and slow their relationship progression down. Kind of annoying. I liked the short story with Holo and Lawrence in this one.

The story with Eve's backstory and how she came to be so shrewd is pretty good, too. Actually, it spans about half this volume. It's kind of a sad story. I hope to see more of her in later volumes. She's my
Anniken Haga
Another short story collection to the Spice and Wolf-series. I find these are ok, but not all that interesting as they don't really affect the story much, and I am starting to think the story has grown a little stale as well. But! Not much farther!
And, seeing as I need to write a review about this book as well, here goes. There will be individual reviews for each of the shorts at the bottom.

Of the two Side Colors books I've read so far, this was the least interesting.
That said, the writing is
Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)
This is without a doubt my least favorite volume so far. I rather enjoyed the first Side Colors, especially with that story from Holo's past, but this one was really disappointing. I think it added nothing to the enjoyment of the main series and that it's all a bit unnecessary. Eve's story had thre potential to be so much more, and the star of this volume, but it was such a disappointment. I'm surprised it has such a high rating.

Wolf and Golden Promise - 3 stars
This was short but the one I
Aidan
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Giving this 5 stars specifically for Eve’s story.
It was fucking brilliant. She has now become one of my absolute favourite characters.

Being able to read about her upbringing and her path to becoming a merchant gives so much depth to her backstory, a wonderful idea and beautifully executed in my opinion. Her story has also become my favourite side story, which is impressive to me because I didn’t think anything could beat “The Boy and the Girl and the White Flowers.”

Though i know it’s a long
Robert R.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This set of side stories is 2 shorter stories, plus one which is 1/2 the volume. Overall these stories fell a bit stronger and cleaner than the first side colors volume. However they are quite out of order; fans of the series won't mind too much, but for those picking it up or re-reading there are some fan made timelines with the linear story order (as much as possible) and that might help to enjoy these. Particularly Eve's backstory is introduced after she's already appeared in 3 of the past ...more
Estel
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first two stories are cute; Eve's backstory is handled beautifully. Like with all the translations for this series it's not the smoothest in the world but it's effective and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you've read this far you'll continue to enjoy it.
Rita the Parrot Princess
Wonderful volume consisting of two short sties (one very short) and a novella. The novella is the keeper as it deals with the early tears of Fleur/Eve Bolan. It almost makes me wish the author would create a spinoff series dealing with her life as a merchant. Very well written.
Rei
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japanese-eng
This took me ages to finish but I'm glad I finally did! Reading the story of how Eve became who she is now was interesting and sad...
Azim SF
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely profit-chasing volume and poignant back-story of the wolf merchant.
KT NightWolf
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good side stories

I enjoyed the first two short stories but had a hard time reading through eve's story. Other wise a pretty good read.
Karla Schneider
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-novel
Devin (Mostly Manga)
The Wolf and the Golden Promise
3/5 - Just a small detour in Lawrence and Holo's adventures. The main point of this story seemed to be to show what kind of agreement the two were at on taking Holo to her homelands. That was really the only memorable part of this story. Okay, that and (view spoiler).

The Wolf and the Verdant Detour
5/5 - This short story was only a measly twenty pages but it
myinon
This volume is a collection of short stories similar in format to Spice & Wolf, Vol. 7: Side Colors. It contains two short stories and one novella. In this volume, I really enjoyed the second short story over the first one. The second was actually really short (20 pages), but showed off how entertaining Lawrence and Holo's conversations could be. The first one was okay, but I didn't really agree with how it was resolved. (view spoiler) ...more
Joseph Raborg
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a much better collection of short stories than the first "Side Colors" volume. The first two short stories are fun, and the novella with Eve Bolan as the main character is very compelling. Skip volume seven by all means, but the eleventh has everything we love about Spice and Wolf.
Emily
Three short stories: Holo and Lawrence solve a remote village's problems. Holo and Lawrence take an ill-fated and silly detour. We learn Eve's past and what led her to be the merchant she is. Really good.
Kyle
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable. I liked learning more about Eve Bolan, and, as always, enjoy short stories involving the conversations of Holo and Lawrence.
Cameron
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story I liked the best out of this was the last one, which is all about Eve and how she started off being a merchant
AsatorPrime
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-novels
I really liked Eve's story.
Eldon Siemens
Enjoyed all three stories, nothing wrong with them, just anxious to get back to the main storyline
Meril
Jan 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sff, translation
First two stories were rather shippy Laurence and Holo, third was Eve's backstory and a definite reason to read this volume.
Tipit13
May 18, 2016
Chad
Mar 07, 2018
Story Number One 1 5 Jun 18, 2014 03:49AM

• 盾の勇者の成り上がり 8 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #8)
  • Dracopedia the Bestiary: An Artist's Guide to Creating Mythical Creatures
  • Dracopedia Field Guide: Dragons of the World from Amphipteridae Through Wyvernae
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 10
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 9
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 11
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-, Vol. 3 (Re:Zero Light Novels, #3)
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-, Vol. 1 (Re:Zero Light Novels, #1)
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-, Vol. 2 (Re:Zero Light Novels, #2)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 6 (Light Novel)
  • Re: ゼロから始める異世界生活 5 [Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Vol. 5] (Re:Zero Light Novels, #5)
  • ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 7
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 12
  • Re: ゼロから始める異世界生活 4 [Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Vol. 4] (Re:Zero Light Novels, #4)
  • オーバーロード 6 王国の漢たち[下] (Overlord Light Novels, #6)
  • Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 3 (light novel)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 7 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #7)
  • オーバーロード 7 大墳墓の侵入者 (Overlord Light Novels, #7)

狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 01