Start by marking “The Great Behavior Breakdown” as Want to Read:

The Great Behavior Breakdown

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
164 pages
Paperback, 164, 164 pages
Published June 1st 2009 by Post Institutes and Associates, LLC (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Great Behavior Breakdown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Behavior Breakdown

Bryan Post
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book will teach you about your own stress reactions, and how you can respond more effectively to your children from your own inner strength with compassionate understanding rather than reacting our of your fear. (Myla Kabat Zinn co-author of Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting)
Haley
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are a parent dealing with extreme behaviors, whatever their root cause (trauma, behavioral disorder, etc), I highly recommend this book. I really liked the format -- a few chapters of introduction and then subsequent chapters devoted to specific behaviors. The introductory chapters give a great overview of the author's philosophies about extreme behavior problems, as well as basic strategies to deal with them. The chapters I read about specific behaviors were great too, probably the most ...more
Meryl Evans
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
I recommend all parents, teachers and people who work with kids read this book as it provides valuable insight into how the brain works and how we can work with the kids whatever state their brains are in. The only reason I gave it four instead of five stars is that it didn't have enough examples or provide more examples. Dr. Post gives an example of what to do when a child fights homework... well, it didn't apply to my kid and I was stuck. So it would help to have more examples.
Jessica
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adoption, parenting
I still like the BCLC books better than either of the books I have read that were solo written by Post. But this book drives home some things a bit more for me. Many of the examples in this book are identical to examples in the other book of his I have read (From Fear to Love), so that was kind of disappointing.
Lise
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I usually never write book reviews but this book was so informative and helpful that I couldn't put it down! This book had pretty much all the answers to the questions I had concerning behavior problems with children who have had a traumatic past. Thank you for a truly life-changing book!
Meredith Hammond
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: relationships

Very helpful for parents and clinicians
Angela Humphrey
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great ideas for how to deal with challenging behaviors exhibited by children who have experienced trauma or neglect.
Sarah Downing