Start by marking “The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)

The Iron Daughter

(The Iron Fey #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  105,195 ratings  ·  5,377 reviews
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's ow
Published July 20th 2010 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Daughter, please sign up.
Stephanie Well if you did not like the Iron King,then dont even bother with the iron daughter then.The story evolves,but the whole Meg and Ash thing will annoy…moreWell if you did not like the Iron King,then dont even bother with the iron daughter then.The story evolves,but the whole Meg and Ash thing will annoy you more than anything.(less)
Goldleaf14 Dont even bother with this book. I gave up after the first 80 pages.

·  105,195 ratings  ·  5,377 reviews

Dija
Mild spoilers ahead!

Since a picture's worth a thousand words and all that, allow me to sum up everything that happens in The Iron Daughter.

Girl meets Boy.

Girl becomes obsessed with Boy.

Boy treats Girl like crap and tells her to leave him alone, after insulting her in front of everyone.

Girl does not react like this, as any self-respecting female would have.

Or even this, which would have sufficed.

Girl decides to weep instead.

Friend falls for Girl.

Girl pines after Boy anyway.

Boy tells Girl they ca
Kim
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure if I was going to give it 4 or 5 stars, because this book is very good, but it does has one mayor flaw that I found to be annoying.

Meghan and Ash. When you think about it... What does she really know about him, besides that he's gorgeous and 'icy'? He tried to kill her several times now. I don't know but that doesn't exactly scream boyfriend material to me.

Don't get me wrong, I nearly creamed myself when I read he has a silver stud in his ear. Add the billowing coat and I'm sold.
Haleema
Beware of spoilers!

What a complete disappointment compared to the utter bliss I felt from the first one. Meghan is the reason why I gave this book a two! I shall proceed to have my fangirl moments and my complaints now:

Fangirl moments:
1. You see, the first 114 pages were decent. However, I must say I had a deep longing to see my Puck! I couldn't stand it. I did not laugh or giggle once throughout the beginning, considering that Prince Ash is an absolute bore.

When Puck finally made his grand entr
Candace
The second book in 'The Iron Fey' series, 'The Iron Daughter' definitely had my attention from start to finish. I'm a sucker for angst and emotional pain in my romances. This book was jam-packed with both. However, it also had a healthy dose of action for the adventure junkies out there.

'The Iron Daughter' begins with Meghan in captivity at the Winter Court. Ash has transformed into someone unrecognizable, denying any feelings for Meghan and turning his back on her. As his antics become crueler,
C.G. Drews
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm beginning to really appreciate reading a series where all the books are out. Aww look at me and these wise life decisions. But anyway! I quite enjoyed this one too! The stakes weren't as personal to my soul (since book 1 was all about Meghan saving her little brother vs this one is just ya know...stopping the destruction of all the fey who are horrible anyway but apparently Meghan is much nicer than I'll ever be) but I enjoy literally every breath that Puck and Ash take. Oh and there's *wave ...more
Simona Bartolotta
This book is so compelling and exciting! So much so that I need to share with you a detailed summary of the plot. Hold your breath from now, because I swear it's a roller coaster!

Short but detailed recap:
Oh, please.

description

I'm so pissed off right now.

"You don't need a machine gun to kill a fly."

No, but you'd probably need one to kill a Meghan, so I'd keep it within reach.

"I’m not some squealing cheerleader you have to babysit."

On this one I agree. In comparison, cheerleaders have so much dignity that th
The Flooze
**6.12.2011 ETA: Finished book three and this is one of the most frustrating YA series I've read to date. If you've no tolerance for angsty, bratty, obtuse heroines, steer right clear of it.**

When I first read The Iron King I enjoyed it. I found Ash intriguing, Puck endearing, Grim deliciously mysterious, and the iron fey’s origins refreshing. I applauded Kagawa for conceptualizing a breed of fey borne of our obsession with technology. I noticed obvious similarities between The Iron King and the
Em Lost In Books
2.5*

I know I would have loved this five years ago. Sadly it's not 2013, and these days I demand better love triangle than this one in my stories.
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
See I have a thing about sequels -- they either hit the mark or they don't. There's no in-between point, at least not for me.

And I loved The Iron King's mythology, charcters and plot, so I did have to wonder could Julie Kagawa do that all over again? Well,YA Fantasy Fans, she did even more!

What I loved about The Iron King was the mythology -- the nod to traditional faerie lore and then the completely justified and believable addition of an Iron Court. This tilted the familiar power struggle betw
Laz
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fey, Fae, whatever you choose to call them, they are amazing, and while I haven't read so many books with fae, I am always astounded by the amazing stories they make up for.

This one was a suprise. The first one, it was really good but I never thought I'd give the next one 5 stars, but it really was amazing so I couldn't help but giving the highest rating there is.

So, the book picks up from where it left off in the first book. Ash delivers Meghan to the Unseelie Court. What happens next is for y
Joyzi
Sep 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love Tinkahbell
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
Note: OMG the ending, God the ending kills man, you've got to read this blah blah blah. Love it I need the next book right now!

Book Review for Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
(Ray William Johnson Style)

Note: Ray William Johnson is one of my fave vloggers on Youtube. His videos are called Equals Three or =3 and he's *bleep sound* funny, need I say more?

What's Happening Forum?

Ray William Johnson Pictures, Images and Photos

Guys now I'm going to review this book and yeah let's use pros and cons to make it a teensy bit organize...shall we?

Cool Tra
Blythe
I feel very conflicted at the moment, because I don’t know what rating to give this. The story itself was pretty good, and the ending was sweet, but it’s just Meghan… I don’t think I can not take stars away from this book because of Meghan… I did some thinking about it, and figured without Meghan, this book probably would have gotten three and a half stars from me. With Meghan, I’ve come to the conclusion that it gets two and a half stars. I don’t know if that’s too much, and I’m being too gener ...more
Choko
*** 2.75 ***

A Buddy Read with the awesome MacHalos!!!

This could have been so much better than it is... I don't know, maybe it is a case of "it is not you, it is me" situation, but I didn't really enjoy it at all... I appreciate the thought and work that has gone into creating the book and the series as a whole and the previous book was not bad at all, but this one somehow took the air out of my enthusiasm for it. It could also have to do with the type of relationship that is portrayed in this v
Kristalia
Final rating: 3.5/5 stars

I am so impressed because this was just soooooooo much more interesting and better than the first one. This was just coooooool ♥ (while we are at it, i dont even know how to write this review properly).

So...before you read this one, i suggest you read the Winter's Passage which is kind of necessary because it shows how Ash feels for Meghan and his warnings to her about Winter's court (which she, of course, ignores) and the trip to the Winter's court, with a danger around
Yin Chien 인첸
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I had high expectations for this book even before I started reading it due to its brilliant debut. I wasn't the least bit disappointed with The Iron Daughter. It was as good as The Iron King, if not better. They story has a powerful and thrilling plot which brings readers on a journey to retrieve the Scepter of Seasons which was stolen by a new kind of Faery called The Iron Fey.

The beginning of the story started with Meghan staying in Tir Na Nog, the Winter Court, where Queen Mab is the monarch.
Anushka
I don’t think I even qualify to review this book as I gave it up after 100 something pages due to its sheer stupidity. I liked its prequel The Iron King just fine, it was better than other YA Fae books in comparison, at least.

In this book it was as if Meghan’s character had taken a complete U-turn. She wasn’t your kick-butt heroine in the first book either but she was even worse in this. Firstly, I had mentioned the same in my review of 1st book as well - that Meghan and Ash didn't exactly lack
Mizuki
To me, The Iron Daughter is a book ruined by the horror known to readers as silly unrealistic YA romance love triangle.

Can you see the horror? I think we need an exorcist here...please...somebody, HELP!

I actually like the setting about feys, I also like the description about the otherworldly landscapes and the different fey kingdoms, I enjoy the concept about the Iron Feys and the little twists and turns the author had offered.

But what I can't stand is Meghan, the main character, acting like a w
Sabrina
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was ok

You're kidding me - right?

That is not how you write a sequel!

I am beyond disappointed by this novel. It was simply a chore to read. And there is purely 1 reason for my general dislike of the novel:

Megan

A.k.a. The Bella Swan of the Iron Fey series. I couldn't stand to read about her. She was just so irritating. I get it - you're in love with Ash - but I mean, c'mon. Have some self-respect, girl.

Look. I love romance. I'm the romance kinda gal. If there isn't romance in a book, I'll make romance.
Cody
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series too much!!!! I promise my review's are coming but after this cliffhanger I can't NOT read The Iron Queen!
Kwesi 章英狮
Jul 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kwesi 章英狮 by: Maria
Promises are not meant to be broken. They are like a glass, they are fragile that one you commit a mistake it will break into little tiny pieces and you must pay for the consequences you have made. After rescuing Ethan from the land of Nevernever, Meghan must pay for the promise she made from the winter prince. She doesn't have a choice but to leave the mortal world and be with Ash in a very cold and dark place, Tir Na Nog.

But when your mortal enemy back and steal a very valuable item that incre
Kristi
Sep 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I think I might have to move The Iron Daughter to the number one position over The Iron King. This series is one of those that just keeps getting better. I have big hopes for book number three!

The Iron Daughter leaves off right where the The Iron King stops. That being said... You might not want to read the rest of this review if you haven’t read book number one, because it might be a tad bit SPOILERY!

You’ve been warned.

I loved Meghan in the first novel.... but at the beginning of The Iron Da
Colleen Houck
Mar 19, 2015 added it
Shelves: fairies
This book had even higher stakes than the first. Loved being in Queen Mab's court and the imagery of the ice and the environment there. Fell even more for Ash. And Ironhorse? Loved him in human form. The whole world of the NeverNever is scary and yet I love it all the more for that.
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Wow. I feel like I. just. can't. get. enough. of. this. world. As I was travelling through Nevernever, following Ash Meghan's steps, my wonder never ever faded. My dear friends who took part in Chelsea's birthday's buddy read can attest how much I got lost in this outstanding world, my heart aching to come back there. I fell in love with every single character I met, from this yawning, infuriating and hilarious Grimalkin to the giant spiders who... Wait, no. I'll follow Meghan on this :

"I could
Jessica
Aug 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-faves, 14-faeries
MINOR SPOILER ALERT

Ok, um...let’s see..First off: I really, really liked this one. I absolutely love the world Kagawa has created and all the characters in it (IRONHORSE, YOU SERIOUSLY ROCK!). I love Ash, he makes my stomach do flip flops and my pulse race and I devoured this book just like its predecessor. There’s a but, though. Unfortunately, there were a few things that bothered me.

1. Meghan told Ash too soon that she loved him. I cringed and smacked my forehead when I read that part. They di
~Tina~
If I could give more stars, I totally would:)

Wow! I'm blown away and in complete awe of this book!
I don't want to say to much about the story itself since everyone just needs to pick this up A.S.A.P, but I will say that it's Incredible!
Julie Kagawa has out did herself. To every reviewer who said The Iron Daughter was better then the first, wasn't kidding!
I am in love with this series, this book, these characters.

With hauntingly rich and vivid writing Julie has once again captured the attention
♥ Becky  22
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faries, 2013
Let’s be serious: The cat is the true hero in this series.

I have a feeling that nobody would get anything done without Grimalkin, or whatever its name was.
Most of this book went something like this: "Hey, let's get ourselves in hopeless situations and wait for the cat to show up and save us."

I'm kidding, of course. This book was really fun. The writing in this is so good; it's so easy to picture the Nevernever. (I don't ever want to go there. Never, ever, ever..)

It's creepy as hell. And things
Penny
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

I enjoyed this one better than the first.
I quite liked the end, however I think that the book would have had more impact without the epilogue.

I prefer Julie Kagawa's Blood of Eden series. To be fair, I am not that interested in The Fey fantasies, while I can't get enough of vampires.

The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) - 2 stars
The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3) - 1.5 stars
The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) - 1 stars
Kira
1.5 "I'm too old for this shit" stars

It was all so stupid. There's nothing good to say about it. Meghan is a moron. If it wasn't for her merry gang of followers, she either be dead or someone's slave by now. Whenever something happens someone always pops up at just the right time to save her. People continually warn her that Fairyland is dangerous especially since she doesn't know the rules and customs. Apparently she isn't capable of heeding anyone else's advice. She makes one mistake after ano
Nafiza
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2011
This is not really a review. It is a conversation Connie (remember, my English-accented conscience) and I having a conversation as we attempted to make our way through the novel.

Connie: Ooo, I remember reading the first one in this series. It was quite entertaining.
Me: I’m glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed it too.
Connie: Well duh. You enjoyed it cuz I enjoyed it.
Me: Shush. I’m reading.

Silence. Reading commences.

Connie: Whut?
Me: Let’s keep reading.
Connie: She’s annoying me.
Me: I know but we enjoyed
Steph Sinclair

Despite the fact that I feel Meghan obsessed a little too much over Ash (especially in the beginning), this book was amazing. The character development, plot and storyline made up for most misgivings of Meghan's flaws. I'm really looking forward to reading the 3rd book!
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2)
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Spells (Wings, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Perchance to Dream (Théâtre Illuminata, #2)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie (Books of Faerie, #2)
  • Reign Check (Demon Princess #2)
  • Silver Frost (Frost, #3)
  • Rebel (Faery Rebels, #2)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
“You're kind of blind, you know?" Puck whispered, smiling to soften his words. "I wouldn't defy Oberon for just anyone. But, for you..." He leaned forward, touching his forehead to mine. "I'd come back from the dead for you.” 849 likes
“Forgive me," Ash murmured, and I heard the faintest of tremors beneath his voice. "But I can't... I won't... give her up. Not now, when I've just found her."

-Ash”