Start by marking “Crimson Moon (Crimson Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Moon (Crimson Trilogy, #1)

Crimson Moon

(Crimson Trilogy #1)

An average morning is what Emma Johnson envisions when she visits Joe's Caf for a steaming cup of coffee. But the world isn't the place she imagined it to be, and neither is she... After Emma is rescued from a horde of bloodthirsty creatures, she discovers she is the daughter of a powerful Vampire from the House Deviard, her rescuer, Caleb, having been sent to see her safe ...more
Paperback, First, 350 pages
Published June 25th 2010 by The Wild Rose Press (first published June 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Moon

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
J.A. Saare has revised Crimson Moon and what a difference it made! If you are curious about this book, I definitely recommend waiting until this version comes out. Excellent book!

4.5 out of 5 stars.
Jamie
4 stars for first half, 5 stars for second half. J. A. Saare - I *heart* you!

Let me begin by telling you I'm biased. I am a complete fan girl of J. A. Saare. I first read her Rhiannon's Law series, which I loved, and now I read the first novel she wrote, Crimson Moon. I don't know if it's her writing style, her voice, her characters, her world building, her smut or what, but I seem to like everything this lady writes.

This book follows the innocent Emmaline, who at the beginning of this book, kno
MISS VAIN
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Derek walked to the bed, glancing down at my hands. "Coldplay?" he laughed and winked at me. "He must keep that kind of garbage around to impress you ladies."

I loved Crimson Moon from the second I realized it was going to be a book about vampires and werewolves. I mean let's be honest what is there not to love about that right?!! Okay so out of fairness I should be upfront that I'm a Jamie Saare Fangirl, I consider her a friend and have become obsessed addicted to all her books. Not to mention,
Sláinte Wanderlust
I had been wanting to read this book for ages but had never had a chance before. When I started it last night I had such high expectations, probably too high. Clearly i built it up too much & it just couldnt compare.
I had no issues with the writing, I thought it was fine. It was the story that just didn't really work for me, it has been done countless time - sad to say, it has been done a lot better in my opinion as well.
Oh so you are a long lost almost vampire princess..

Oh so you love a g
Jenn
May 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Ghadeer A
Sep 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
Cindyg
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars, it is one hell of a read. I loved everything about it; Caleb: strong, fierce, handsome, sexy as hell, patient, kind, you get the idea. Emma: intelligent, loving, strong, lovely, you get the idea. And the secondary characters really weren't that secondary in my mind. I loved them all. Damn this story was soooo good...It's fast pace without leaving gaps, it's fluid without drawing out details, it's gut wretching, it keeps you on the edge of your sea ...more
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Review copy provided by author

4 stars

Why I Read this Book: I read Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between earlier this year and I really like the way J.A. Saare tells a story. I am anxiously awaiting the release of The Renfield Syndrome (the sequel to Dead) so I thought I’d read Crimson Moon in the interim. Crimson Moon is a different read from Dead but it’s rich in enjoyment nonetheless.

What I Liked: My heart sank when I read the prologue – the prologue people!

And I would have missed out on th
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
I recently read Dead, Undead, or Somewhere In Between by J.A. Saare and thought it was pretty good (even if I was less than enthusiastic about the ending - my review is here). Right after I finished, I won a copy of Crimson Moon (which I believe is Ms. Saare's first published book?) from Fiction Vixen.

I loved this book!!! I couldn't put it down - I stayed up until midnight reading, read through lunch at work and started reading as soon as I got home again!

Emma is an easily likeable character - c
Emily Miller
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I am adding this book to my all time fav's list. One of my favorite book pages on FB had a link to this book on Amazon.com. I read the description and thought it sounded very interesting. Little did I know that I wouldn't be able to put it down since I started reading. Curse work and driving!!! All I wanted to do was see what happened next!

Crimson Moon is a great segway book between YA paranomal romance into adult paranormal romance. It has the sweetness of first love, but the sexiness of the ul
.Sharon
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is the second book by J.A Saare that I have read - the first one being the very real & gritty urban fantasy Dead, Undead Or Somewhere In Between, which I enjoyed alot.
This is offering( a completely different plot) I thought was from a completely different author, they are both chalk & cheese, Crimson Moon being a lot lighter in tone & execution, though there are flashes of darkness here & there.
I thought with the way it was written it was a YA, but then came across the touch
Paris
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love J.A. Saare’s Rhiannon’s Law series and when I saw that the first book in her Crimson Trilogy was $2.99 I figured I’d give it a shot hoping that I’d love it as much as the other series. Crimson Moon is a good book. It’s not as dark as the other series and at times it reads more like a paranormal young adult book than an urban fantasy for adults. It was also Saare’s first book and that is often evident in certain scenes.

For the most part I liked Emma. She is young and naïve, but
Andrea Heltsley
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book. I picked it up on Amazon randomly and thought the blurb looked intriguing. I am glad I did! Holy hot sauce this book was awesome.

Right away I felt for Emma. She is thrust into this situation that she didn't expect and a world she didn't know existed. Throughout the whole thing, she remains strong and takes everything in stride.

Caleb is just plain sexy. He is every girls dream and a fascinating love interest. I wasn't so fond of Trent as a love i
Parajunkee
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Not often in my reading journey have I come to experience something so very different from book to book as I have come to experience with J.A. Saare's writing. I read Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between earlier in the year and I would swear that another author wrote Crimson Moon another good author, but I'm still kinda reeling from the experience of both books. I believe this makes for a fantastic author, because you really don't know what to expect. Maybe it is because I get stuck in series s ...more
Jenne
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it

Solid 4.25 and I suspect the other books in this trilogy will be 5 star reads. Emma lives by herself in a small town. Her mother is decease and dad went MIA before she was born. She's attacked by strange people with red eyes one day. An unknown rescuer grabs her and takes her to safety. This is her crash course in the supernatural world. Rescued by werewolves and finds out she's vampire royalty. Instantly she bonds with Caleb her rescuer. He's been hired by her dad to get her to safety. After a
Reese
Oct 12, 2011 rated it liked it
These damn books are like crack..... scifi crack. I loath to read them, but they are oh such a great little fast fix to satiate my addiction. No exception with this book.

My favorite part was the ending, I can almost feel the rain beating against my hopeless face while shocked by the anticipatory gait of a man never thought to be seen again clothes clinging to his every muscle as he moves through the storm towards his true mate. I can still picture it in my mind. Easily a chick flick genre, but
Kay
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read from this author and it did not disappoint. I love vamps & weres and even more when you throw romance in the mix! Caleb & Trent stole my heart...each in their own way. The ending was also awesome!! Something that I didn't see coming!! I can't wait for the next book!
Tori
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
JA Saare did to me again. I laughed, cried, gasped and cheered(into a pillow cause it was 3 am)through the entire book. A fabulous story with smexy shape shifers, seductive vamps, and a heroine who holds her own through it all.
Daydreamer
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I haven't given 5 stars to a book in a long time. I love when books have the ability to suck you in quickly and that's one of the main things I loved about it. Wow, what a great story I highly recommend it to anyone !!

Happy reading !
Roxanne
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
So I really enjoyed this book, only problem was that it dragged out in the middle a bit. I like a bit more action in my books but the relationship between Caleb and Emma more than made up for it.
Debra
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: To everyone
This is the first book that I've read by this author. I thought the story was very good. I love Caleb and Emma, they made laugh and they made me cry! Loved the ending. Can't wait for the next book!
Hbeebti
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love it! Wish I had the next one.
Anya
Jun 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, came-out
Na začátek bych chtěla poznamenat, že tohle je již druhá kniha, kterou jsem od J.A. Saare četla (Dead, Undead or Somewhere In Between ).

Podle synopse na Goodreads mi Crimson Moon přišlo jako kniha, která by mohla mít docela potenciál a byť mě vcelku bavila a četla se velice příjemně, bylo zároveň nemožné si nepovšimnout jistých nedostatků, které vykoukly častěji než by se mi líbilo.

Na začátku se setkáváme s Emmou, působí jako sebevědomá mladá dvacítka, co to v životě neměla jednoduché. Vyrůsta
Lauren
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
I would first off like to say that I did judge the book early on and stopped reading it for a moment because I found the story to be too typical and the author was way too descriptive when it just wasn't necessary - and this really started to annoy me and I ended up skim reading. Now this is just me personally, but I like romances where even if they have an "instant connection" they struggle with it and have heat/hot moments and even excitement/bad things happen before the "happily ever after bi ...more
Cc
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2017
Emma and Caleb

Emma woke one morning happily living in the human world by evening she'd learned that werewolves and vampires were real. Her introduction in the werewolf life is quick when she bonds with Caleb. She's very happy to stay with him for life until she's forced to leave to meet her vampire father.

Interesting story, I will be reading the rest of the Trilogy. What!! #3 won't be released for a year!! Oh NO! Write faster Ms Saare, PLEASE!
Alison
Feb 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
19 year old shy virgin heroine and instant bonding. This felt very young. Like a Twilight novel. Not my style.
Judi
Jan 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked Crimson Moon (even though it‘s told in first person *grumbles*). It was my first book by J.A. Saare thanks once again to my peeps on twitter and I‘m looking forward to reading more from this author. I believe there is a Disco in my future.

I really didn’t know what to expect when I started this book and even though I have never read any of the Twilight books I have a feeling if you’re a fan of that series, then you will love Crimson Moon. It’s got werewolves, vampires and a young
Claire (_Book Huntress)
3.5 rating. wil do review tomoro as im starting the nxt one right now lol
----
Ok so let me start by saying that I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked it but I have issues with it. The writing style of this book confused me. Sometimes I thought it was 'teen paranormal/urban romance' and other times it was 'adult paranormal/urban romance'.
Id like to also say that my personal preference in writing style is when authors have some chapters from the heroes eyes and then a chapter in the heroi
Mandi Schreiner
Jul 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Why I read: I really enjoyed Dead, Undead or Somewhere in Between by this author earlier this year and wanted to try more.

Favorite Quote: “Our bodies are stronger and faster, but our hearts are just as fragile, remember that.”

Emma is somewhat content with her lot in life. Having lost her mother in a car accident when she was young, and never knowing her father, she grew up with her Grandmother. Now that her grandmother has advanced Alzheimer's, Emma is trying to decide what to do with her life.
Chelsea
Jul 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted at Vampire Book Club
Crimson Moon offers the No. 1 thing paranormal romance readers need: a couple whose interaction leave you with butterflies in your stomach. J.A. Saare has provided us with an irresistible example of deep, overwhelming first love.

Emma Johnson has been on her own for bit. Her mother died when she was young and her father was just never there. Recently her grandmother’s dementia had progressed, forcing Emma to put her into a nursing home. She wa

• Dressed to Slay (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #1)
  • Paint it Black (Sonja Blue, #3)
  • Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Claiming the Evil Dead (Soul Catcher Book 1)
  • Darker Than Night (Shadow Guard, #3)
  • Ancient Enemies
  • Vampyre Kisses (The Last Witch, #1)
  • Blood Law (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #1)
  • Dangerous Lovers
  • Unless You Can Be a Unicorn (B3, #1)
  • Dead Man Running (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #2)
  • Fate Fixed (Erris Coven, #1)
  • Change (Lacey Hannigan Trilogy, #2)
  • Territory (Territory, #2)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Shadows and Light
J.A. Saare is a multi-published author who has written stories featured in horror
magazines, zombie romance anthologies, and flash fiction contests. Her work has a notable dark undertone, which she credits to her love of old eighties horror films, tastes in music, and choices in reading, and have been described as “full of sensual promise,” “gritty and sexy,” and “a breath
of fresh air.”

Currently sh

Crimson Trilogy (3 books)
  • Crimson Sunrise (Crimson Trilogy #2)
  • Crimson Sunset (Crimson Trilogy, #3)
“It is like a beautiful sunset you see once in your life, one you swear you will never forget as long as you live. And you never do forget, but you never have a reason to restore the memory—so it remains hidden inside. Until one day, for no apparent reason, you remember that sunset. You recall the way your skin felt as the sun brushed across it, the way the colors painted the sky. You wonder why it took you so long to go back to that place again, swearing you won't take so long next time. Only you do forget the memory and you may or may not ever relive it again.” 8 likes
“Our bodies are stronger and faster, but our hearts are just as fragile, remember that.” 8 likes