Start by marking “More Two Minute Mysteries” as Want to Read:
More Two Minute Mysteries

More Two Minute Mysteries

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  251 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Whether testing their own sleuthing abilities by working against the clock or enjoying the intrigue of unraveling each case, readers will delight in the spine-tingling puzzlers in each of these short but thrilling mysteries.
Published April 1st 1986 by Scholastic (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about More Two Minute Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Two Minute Mysteries

Sarah Foote
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay this is one of my favorite books! Oh my word I was just reading it for fun because it is just really fun, then I looked in the cover and it is worth 3 points! So why not! Some of the questions are really, REALLY hard. So far I think I have gotten 7 or 8 right, but I am almost finished with the book! I suggest that you read this book if you like figuring mysteries out! :-)
Dharia Scarab

Ditto.
Charles
Jun 22, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
These are extremely short but kind of fun. I take books like this in the car with me. You can almost read a story at a stoplight.
Arwen
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A book of short stories/mysteries. Would be fun to read with kids, but not so interesting to an adult.
Robin Herrera
I had the first book in this series when I was a child. I read #3 about a year ago, but tracking down #2 was extremely hard. (I had two instances of getting #3 instead of #2!) But I finally got it, so I was able to read the remaining Haledjian mysteries.

This book is severely dated (the others are as well) and relies on tired stereotypes (one of the answers to a mystery is "No woman would hang up a mink coat she'd just bought - she'd try it on immediately!".... yeah, okay), but some of the myster
Katie
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good, but some of the mysteries were so totally random that I was thinking that no one would ever get them. I was also thinking that the evidence wasn't enough to arrest someone, like a typo or a certain page number. The suspect was immediately arrested after that found one little bit of information
Siskiyou-Suzy
In this bizarro world, people make mistakes in their made-up alibi stories, but they do not make mistakes otherwise. Therefore, if somebody describes looking to the left when they meant looking to the right, and that messes up their story, they should be arrested.
Rebekah Alexander
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like mysteries
This book is captivating and good for the brain.
It makes you think 'Now what is hidden inside this story?'
i really liked this book and would definetly recommend it.
Brittany
Enjoyable short mysteries to get your brain working.
Courtney
Mar 20, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrenslit, fiction
Quick brainteaser stories for kids.
Muhajjah Saratini
Bukunya belum ketemu lagi, hiks.
Nanti kalau beberes rak sudah selesai dan buku ini ketemu, baru lanjut baca.
Susan
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the solutions are a little dated in their "as everyone knows..." statements, but these mysteries are fun, quick, and easy to read.
Helen
Matt
Mar 22, 2010
Apr 30, 2015
  • Honestly, Katie John!
  • The Mystery of the Laughing Shadow (Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, #12)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland
  • The Hooded Hawk Mystery (Hardy Boys, #34)
  • Strangely Enough
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Fox Steals Home
  • Mystery of the Witches' Bridge
  • Helen Keller
  • What the Witch Left
  • Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (Choose Your Own Adventure, #9)
  • English Country House Murders:  Classic Crime Fiction of Britain's Upper Crust
  • The Scholastic Rhyming Dictionary
  • The Last of the Mohicans (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Max's First Word
  • MacDonald Hall Goes Hollywood (MacDonald Hall, #6)
  • The Eyes of the Killer Robot
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...