Start by marking “Fortune” as Want to Read:
Fortune

Fortune

HarperCollins is ready to set the publishing world alight with the acquisition of the world's first 'snogbuster', a new teen genre that is set to grace poolsides everywhere this summer. Written by hot new talent Megan Cole – the pseudonym of a journalist and writer steeped in celebrity culture – FORTUNE combines the allure of the super-rich with the thrill of first romance ...more
Published July 8th 2010 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune

Tapasya
Shelby (shelbyymay)
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 3-stars
This book made me want to go on a beach holiday after reading it! It was a good book, predictable though. A good happy ending. Readable. Liked the romancing between the two young males in the book. Probably the exciting parts to the story!
Fiona Chaffers
This book was absolutely fantastic, and now can not wait for her next book.
Reut
Apr 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
Original Review at http://reutreads.wordpress.com/2011/0...

While reading Fortune, I was LIVID. ANGRY. And it wasn't even about the book. Okay, the book was not the best. The characters were not fully developed or they weren't three dimensional, the plot started off far-fetched and then just got crazy, sometimes I threw the book across the room because Sapphire was being INCREDIBLY STUPID, but fine. I can still point out a few things I liked. And I will. But first, a rant.

How dare HarperCollins i
Julz
Jan 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
What an absolute load of drivel. Perfect if you are 16 years old and have no brain to speak of. All about 3 sisters who don't know they are sisters competing to win their new found fathers fortune. Except he's as conniving and ridiculous as his daughters. Avoid avoid avoid
Desislava
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Light and entertaining story.
Noelly
Mar 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Julia e Sabrina para o século 21.

Brit pulp fiction to read on the beach.
Stephanie
Aug 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
i actually thought 'tis was quite goood
Sheniz Makwana
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was a really good holiday read, my favourite so far !
Jessy
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just not my cup of tea. I bought this book without reading the synopsis or having an idea what it was about (gara2 discount Popular punya pasal) Read about some chapters, gave up and then straight to the end.
Maggie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
A story of three girls from around the world invited to a mysterious 50th birthday party. When they arrive they find out there are no other guests. Amongst a few other surprises they find they are competing for a fortune. A fun beach read.
Tracey Priest
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very easy book to read. Light hearted, one that you could pick up and drop quite easily. perfect for a holiday. it's not the best book in the world but I enjoyed it.
Leah
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2011
Fortune is Megan Cole’s debut novel (well it’s her first novel under that name; as it’s a pseudonym, who knows if she’s already a published author?) and I bought it way back when it first came out, but it’s been sat on my shelf for over a year. I don’t know why I have only just picked it up now – because it is the perfect summer read, for the beach, for in the garden, for in bed… I enjoyed it much more than I expected to.

Fortune is one of the least-taxing books I’ve ever read; it’s not going to
Sophie
Feb 22, 2010 rated it it was ok
Fortune is a sparkly debut full of glitz, glamour and bitchiness.

This novel is written in a very odd narrative. When I first started it, I thought that it would be a straightforward 3rd person perspectives alternating between Madison, Sapphire and Simonetta. But it shifted strangely, reaching into the viewpoint of other characters such as Brad, turning it into a kind of omniscient narration. Though saying that, the majority of the novel was still focused on Sapphire.

I was rather glad about that
Jesse Owen
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
After reading just the synopsis it immediatley reminded me of Mamma Mia! I can’t really reveal too much as to why but I think it’s enough to say that the story is based mainly around the gorgeous sounding private island and even though I’m not a huge fan of the sun I wanted to go there.

Our of the three girls I very quickly warmed to Sapphire, she seemed warm and caring with real dreams and a passion for music which was a stark contrast to particularly Maddison and to an extent Simonetta who seem
Alea
Jul 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-for-review
I found the premise of Fortune to be rather interesting, 3 half sisters (that don’t know they are half sisters at first) competing for their extremely rich and successful new father’s fortune. The tag line is “Half Sisters. Half Enemies.” But it should have been more like “Half Sisters. Full Enemies.” The book is definitely very fun and also extremely catty, with a rich spoiled girl, a model, and a down to earth musician (can you tell which is the nice one?), throw in 2 boys and let the claws co ...more
Laura's Book Addiction
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Melanie
Aug 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Easy read read in one sitting (Been doing that a lot lately with books).

Fortune is by no means a 'real life' book, in fact its the stuff fairy tales are made of really. I read this book without reading the synopsis or having an idea what it was about. If you want a book with a good girl, bad girl and something in between that all share something in common then this might be the book for you.

If you also like a hit guy (Bring forth Cam) and brooding Muscian of sorts (That's Raphael)and some excite
Rebecca
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was sort of like reading a written version of a reality show, with the same predictable plot and vapid characters you would expect to see on such a thing. I thought that while the plot was predictable, it could have been pulled off much better than this book, as I felt the majority of the characters were one dimensional, Sapphire in particular seemed to have regular personality transplants, and I really didn't need the whole section at the end explaining how the plot had unraveled as it was ...more
Kat 🦄
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: the-not-so-good
I have to say, that when I picked up Fortune I had no idea if this is really the type of novel for me. I've read some of the reviews and most of them said that it's very similar to Mama Mia (the movie of course). And I agree. It's about three girls: Madison, Simonetta and Saphirre. The only one I liked was Saphirre, but I really hated Madison. I couldn't decide what to think about Simonetta, because she was really selfish the whole book, only at the end when she was talking to Saphirre on the ph ...more
Fiona
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not sure if it was just my copy of what, but it had a lot of typos (and once, it said Madison, when really it's supposed to be Sapphire/Simonetta). So, didn't anyone read through to check them? It's not even an ARC.

Anyway, it was okay. The plot is fine. Sapphire is the typical perfect nice girl, which I think is boring and stupid. Not enough depth for other characters, especially Madison and Simonetta, considering that they're very important characters too. And Brad, it's like he's in the book f
Mel
Jul 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. I guessed the first plot twist but there were many more to come.
The characters were interesting and a few had some real depth in them. Heroine Sapphire was a bit TOO perfect but still O.K.
The plotline was unique and I enjoyed it very much. Great holiday read, with a bit of a romance plot as well as some genuine tension. The writing was a little repetitive but mainly flowed really well. It was easy to read and perfect for the beach!
Claire Yin
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Alyssa
Apr 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Towards the end of the book I realised I quite liked it after all. Predictable, easy to read good old chick-lit. I liked the main character Sapphire. Overall, I probably would recommend this book for a quick easy read if someone asked me about it but it's not something I would tell people they need to read.
Ifahh
Oct 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction
Rashmeet Kaur
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Gail
May 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Don't expect to get smarter by reading this book. In fact, just the opposite. it's fantastic beach reading because if you accidentally skip a page or two because your margarita is too strong, you'll still be able to carry on the storyline. Mildly entertaining, but by no means a page-turner.
Shelby
Jul 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Hannah
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I usually can't stand books like this but I loved Fortune. Well written, funny and overall a brilliant read :)
Farah Nabilah
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy the prose but the plot was great!
  • Indigo Blues
  • The Diamonds
  • Are You Going to Kiss Me Now?
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Summer Loving
  • Running in Heels
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Kidnapped
  • Beautiful Americans (Beautiful Americans, #1)
  • Braless in Wonderland
  • Hollywood is Like High School With Money
  • Heaven Scent
  • Anxious Hearts
  • Reality Chick
  • Princess of Gossip
  • La Petite Four
  • Nevermore
  • Life as a Poser (The 310, #1)
  • Three's a Crowd (Luke and Eve, #2)
Megan Cole is a celebrity and fashion blogger who lives in London with her best friend Jess. She has written for numerous magazines, flown all over the world interviewing stars and was once asked out for mojitos by an A-Lister, but had to leave to catch her flight. He wasn't her type anyway (honest) but it was nice to be asked…

Megan Cole is the pen name of a journalist and writer.