Start by marking “Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts, #1)

Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts #1)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  519 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Asking for help can be a challenge for even the best of us, and so it's doubly intimidating for quiet, introverted Tommy Roth. An online exchange leads to a meeting with a psychic who assures Tommy that his naturally subdued aura is to blame for his timidity. Blue and violet tones are out, and shades of yellow and red are in!

Of course it's a bunch of baloney, and to make i
Published February 13th 2010 by JCP Books (first published February 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hue, Tint and Shade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hue, Tint and Shade

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Holy Crap! Get this book for FREE right now at Amazon US!! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003...
Mel
May 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Tommy and Nathan are total opposites but fate... or better yet: chocolate... brings them together.

An engaging, sweet and romantic story! As always with miss Price, the writing is solid, the characters are great and the sex scenes are hot. I loved the little twist in the end and I can't wait to see what the rest of the Petit Morts series has to offer.
Kati
Jul 27, 2010 rated it liked it
First in the "Petit Morts" series. A cute little story about a window washer and a car salesman who fall in love thanks to a little candy shop called Sweets to the Sweet. Yeah, that's pretty much it. Very short and Nathan and Tommy's first date is pretty much IT, the plot of the story. Likable characters but the ending felt rushed and rather abrupt.
Desinka
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a cute little story. I wish it was longer!
Kaje Harper
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
A sweet short story, just a taste, with a mismatched couple in the form of Tommy and Nathan. Little moments of joy and disappointment, and an ending with the world just beginning to open up for the sweet MC, Tommy. I'm intrigued by a hint of the mystery surrounding Chance.
Kelly
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Very cute short story. Not my favorite by JCP but still a really enjoyable read.
Elisa Rolle
When Jordan Castillo Price wants to be romantic, she masterly manages it, always preserving her little “creepy” core (and I’m using the word creepy with a positive connotation).

Since the first sentences you understand that Tommy is not your usual nerd guy, or at least, he is a bit of a nerd, but he is also horny enough not to let a good chance at love pass by. Tommy is desperately shy, and he would do anything to being cured of it, even contacting a faith healer. The first appointment is at Cha
Sath
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
The first in the Petit Morts series. (A series of unconnected short m/m stories, written by various authors).

Tommy is a quiet, shy, honest but somewhat naive car salesman. It works very well for his job, an honest car salesman has to be a rare thing. But things don't go so well in his social life, and he'll try anything. So he's getting his aura read by a psychic at a little confectionary/coffee shop called Sweets to the Sweet. The psychic is a fake, but sweets to the sweet changes his luck.

Nath
Christy
I was interested to read 'Hue, Tint and Shade', the first book in a collaboration titled 'Petit Morts', written by Jordan Castillo Price and Josh Lanyon, both authors I greatly enjoy. I was intrigued by the hint of romance Jordan pulled off in this short story, as I don't usually think of her and "sweet" in the same sentence. Believe me when I say, this is not a bad thing.

Tommy is a shy, very introverted, socially awkward, kind of nerdy guy. He's not, however, so shy or introverted that he can't
Otterpuss
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't get this book at all.
I didn't connect with any of the characters and it all seemed a bit weird to me.
Ms. Smartarse
Tommy is a painfully shy car salesman, who gets ripped off by a clairvoyant in a ... coffee shop? For some reason, the (gorgeous) owner takes pity on the guy and sends him to a shrink, one of his regulars.
(view spoiler)

Admittedly, I don't read these books for
Tara
This first book In the Petit Mort Series was actually my favorite (because I read the whole series in one day and am now writing all the reviews...)

Tommy is painfully shy and very non-agressive. Nathan is the exact opposite. After a meeting with a nun at a chocolate and coffee shop, that says she can help him with a series of self help emails guaranteed to help turn his aura bright yellow, Chance the shop's owner offers him a better solution. He sends him to a psychiatrist that frequents the sho
A Girl Has No Name
Ok ^^ this is soo difficult to review. Starting with the easiest: Wow ... what a wonderful, sweet, charming cover! :) I have to say that I had problems getting into this story ... I was totally confused the first 10-15 pages - considering the lenght of the book, that's quite a lot! ^^ But the second half was very original and creative. It made me smile and I enjoyed Tommy and Nathan's interaction a lot. What a nice start for a series! 4 stars!
Kassa
Feb 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
A great opening short story that offers some hot men, funny dialogue, and interesting setting. The chocolate shop is used throughout the series but all of the stories stand on their own. Though you should buy the set since they are that good together. This story sets a great pace right off the bat and will entice you to read more.
Trio
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
really fun story
namericanwordcat
It is cute, weird and sexy, It is also short and it is hard to know what is going on sometimes but it is a nice little pick me up of a romance.
Denis
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet - and steamy!
Megan
More adorably cute than I was expecting from a JCP book, but the tone is totally and utterly earned. Perfectly sized short story/novelette and, more specifically, a perfectly sized romance, with awesome characters who show surprising depth in such a short space.
Lois - Who Reads
Tommy's inner voice was clearly written by someone who understands how us introverts think. Tommy is drifting through life and not sure how to make a change, until everything he wants is dropped in his lap and all he has to do is say “yes”. This is short, but really fun.
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
I'm sorry I didn't get this book at all and i couldn't connect with Tommy. Nothing. The only thing I liked is the cover, so cute!
Van
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Katherine
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I need to read the rest of these. I love JCP!
Tamara (緑)
WHY is it so short? I want more!
hahn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-n-glbtq, 2017
I have this book like forever but I decided I should get familiar with the contributed authors works first or there might be chances I will hated the whole series.

Well this #1 book is from JCP. And as always I think JCP's characters are complex & in depth. At the end of the book, JCP mentioned why & how the characters were written & after reading this, I think it was a well done job. Though I'm a little bit confused about the plot there (or is there any?). But never mind, I still thi
Michelle
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: free
★★★ = It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It was just good.

Reeeeeeeeeally short but okay. I thought that a completely different ending would played out to what actually happened. Hu. Funny how stories can do that.
Terri Jones
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was intriguing, and cool, and sweet, and I'd like to read more in the series but now they seem not to be available. But I don't mind a little teasing. Not like I don't have more to read while I await availability. :)
Mia
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and sexy story of a shy guy finding his S.O. Read Mel's and Kaje Harper's great reviews!
Regencyfan93
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
It was okay.
Merith
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In this new series combining two of my favorite authors (Josh Lanyon and Jordan Castillo Price), I can see so many wonderfully delicious bites of decadence coming from both of them.

This first story of the series, Jordan's "Hue, Tint and Shade" is quite possibly my favorite of the five. Though all are amazing with wonderful characters, fantastic writing and dialogue both real and witty, HTaS has another appeal the other stories lacked in some small way. Maybe it's because this is the first story,
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
4 Stars

Huh, a psychic candy store owner helping people to find their fated other half?

I'd say that sounds a little too familiar except THIS series came first. By four years. Now I'm rethinking the whole Candy Man series because a good portion of the ratings I gave those books was because I thought the premise to be quite original.

I guess not.

Anywho, I liked the characterization and the relatively slow build given such a short story. The paranormal aspect was interesting, but I'm not so sure I a
  • Slings and Arrows (Petit Morts, #2)
  • One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts, #8)
  • Media Naranja (Petit Morts, #16)
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Fugly (connected by Jackson Spey #9)
  • Love Ahead: Expect Delays
  • The Wish (The Wish, #1)
  • Left of Centre
  • Mistletoe at Midnight
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • Midsummer Curse (Midsummer, #2)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

Petit Morts (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Slings and Arrows (Petit Morts, #2)
  • Moolah and Moonshine (Petit Morts, #3)
  • Other People's Weddings (Petit Morts, #4)
  • Spanish Fly Guy (Petit Morts, #5)
  • Pretty Ugly (Petit Morts, #6)
  • Sort of Stranger Than Fiction (Petit Morts, #7)
  • One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts, #8)
  • Critic's Choice (Petit Morts, #9)
  • Wishink Well (Petit Morts, #10)
  • Happily Neverafter (Petit Morts, #11)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
  • Dancing in the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00