Start by marking “The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)” as Want to Read:

The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  19,603 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews
You've read the book. You've seen the movie. Now submerge yourself in the thrilling, stunning, and action-packed graphic novel.
Mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking out of the pages of twelve-year-old Percy Jackson's textbooks and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy
Published October 12th 2010 by Disney-Hyperion (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Lightning Thief, please sign up.
Serena This site does not allow you to read published works for free.
han🌻 yeah, i no that the sixth book got published in august, although i havent been able to find the second

·  19,603 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews

C.G. Drews
So yes I have already read this but I wanted to see how it'd translate to comic! Because surely it can't be a worse adaption than the movie \_(ツ)_/ And like I really enjoyed it and seeing the art, also some of Percy's expressions were super adorable. But overall he looked so old?! They're calling them 12 but they looked 18 or something agh. And the art overall didn't explode my world into pretty fireworks, buuuut...I like pictures. More books should have pictures. More books should have graphic ...more
may ➹
two minutes before I finished this book I got an email telling me my hold on the second one was available and if that isn’t a direct sign from god to keep reading I don’t know what it is
may ❀
1st buddy read in our binge week with the loser who cant decide on a book to read

Mark of Athena spoiler (view spoiler)

uhhhhhh
so like it was a pretty good adaptation from the books in the sense that the main elements were there (aside from medusa)

and the graphics were pretty good

but why the heck are percy and annabeth so UGLY ???!!??? boi have you SEEN fanart ?!! THAT'S how they should be drawn ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

description
(s)

b
Elevetha
1.5 stars.

The truth about graphic novels is that they are almost always bad entirely carried by the illustrations. That's just how it is. So when you have illustrations that are, to be frank, rather bad and the characters do NOT look like how anyone, except apparently Attila, envisioned them, it all amounts to a poor graphic adaptation that doesn't hold a candle, nor even a crappy busted Bic lighter, to the original series. You don't gain anything except a minor headache from reading this.

I mea
Helen 2.0
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I suppose the artist/writer wanted to keep this graphic novel as brief as possible, but in the process he/she completely omitted a number of important plot points from the Lightning Thief novel. I would have been thoroughly disappointed in the story had I not read the written version a long time ago.
Jim
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
image: description
I haven’t read the book but I guess that is better than this. Percy is a normal teenager or at least that’s what he thinks. One day a crazy thing happens at school and Percy will find out that he is actually the son of Poseidon, god of sea. A war between Poseidon and Zeus is going to start in couple of weeks and all because of a misunderstanding. Of course the one who can end this before our world ends is Percy.

So the story doesn’t seem so bad right? The problem was that I didn’t care abo
Jessica
I felt like it didn't portray Percy as well as the book did, he wasn't as funny in the graphic and I felt that the story didn't flow very well because of key parts that were missing. However I really liked the art and it was easy to follow.
Fables&Wren
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
WrensReads Review:

Just read the books. They aren't my 100% favorite either, even though I am a huge fan of Greek mythology. This was just... not well adapted in my opinion.

WrensReads | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Meh. I love the actual novel but this was a really poor interpretation of it.
prag ♻
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
oooo boy it's time graphic novels and i part ways never do i want to see one again i never thought i would ever give a rick riordan book less than three stars but i'm going to assume he knows nothing about this because iT'S SOMEHOW WORSE THAN THE MOVIE TOO

- the lightning bolt looks like a fucking spindle
- luke? who's luke
- half the plot is lying in a ditch somewhere
- not to diss anybody's drawing i mean i couldn't draw a candle to save a life,, but
- WHY THE FUCK DO ALL THE CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE U
Stepheny
So on Christmas eve my two best friends and I exchanged gifts at work. Lindsay bought Andrea the first three graphic novels of the Percy Jackson series. Now, I had NO idea up to this point that these were a thing. Then when Lindsay and I opened our gifts from Andrea we realized she bought them for us! Can’t tell we spend a lot of time together!!!

We all read and loved the Percy Jackson series. It was something we shared together. The three of us read all the time and typically if one of us raves
Mario
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a really fun and fast read, which I really liked. But what I didn't like is lack of Percy's humour, and most characters looked so different than as I imagined them.
Vicky N.
Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017 - A book based on mythology. It is based on Greek Mythology. 1/52

Percy Jackson thinks he's a normal 12 year old who has dyslexia and ADHD until he gets attacked by a teacher on a school trip and finds out he is the son of a god. He travels to a camp filled with other demigods(sons of a god and a human) where he gets sent on a quest for Zeus' stolen lightning bolt.
So begins Percy Jackson's journey fighting angry gods and all kinds of mythical creatures.

Percy Jack
Raoofa Ibrahim
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: myth
It's not as the same quality as the second one.. the drawing was very simple, no much details and the story missed a lot of things .. I read the book a six months ago and I forgot things so while reading the graphic novel some parts were confusing.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dtb-book
Having read the entire series as a whole years ago, I already knew what I was getting into beofre starting this graphic novel version of the story.

And even though it is obvious going into the story that you won't be getting the completely story, the beautiful illustrations more than made up for the lack of info.

Beautifully drawn and a whole lot of fun. I would say my first foray into the graphic novel world was a huge success and now I want more. I will definitely be continuing the series (agai
isabelle
description

Let me admit that although I have little to no experience in graphic novels, I am a minor art geek. I draw in my free time when I'm not in a mood to pick up a book. I look at art like a predator looks at its prey. Calculating. Judging. And as I looked upon the art in this graphic novel I almost instantly cringed. Our cast did not look like twelve year olds. Their faces changed from time to time and I had to pause to figure if it was the same person. And don't even get me started on Annabeth's cl
Miss Book
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ah. Disappointment.
This was super quick read, but I really didn't like it. I knew going into this that it was different from the book, but I was just very disappointed. The characters were very different than I imagined them. The art style was not the best. It was not that funny. And it generally took away the feel of the book, which I couldn't stand.
If you're a fan of the series, you might be interested in reading this, but, personally, I didn't like it at all.
Carolina
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
3.5*

This was a simple and fast read. I didn't particulary like the art work, they could have done something so much better, especially for the Underworld part. Some parts had beautiful colors but the art itself didn't appeal that much to me.
Really liked getting back to our first encounter with Percy though.
Bionic Jean
"Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek god."

This review is for Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel, which has been adapted by Robert Vendetti from Rick Riordan's novel, the first in the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. The art work is by Attila Futaki and Jose Villarrubia.

The advertising blurb says, "Percy Jackson, half boy, half god, all hero." It certainly sounded exciting. In fact though, it is rather a disappointing read
Lola

I literally read this graphic novel in 30 minutes. It’s so fast-paced and there aren’t that many dialogs. In general, I didn’t find it bad but…the illustrations were awful.

The characters weren’t portrayed at all as I imagined them. While Percy and cie were supposed to look like kids, they were drawn as if they were 17-18 years old. Also, the world-building looked so cheap. More color than actual buildings or stuff here and there.

I didn’t feel the story's deepness enough for me to be captivated.
Book Concierge
Jul 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
This is the graphic novel version of the first book in Riordan’s popular Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Percy (a/k/a Perseus) is a 12-year-old dyslexic kid who fears he’s about to fail out of yet another school, disappointing his mother and antagonizing his stepfather. But in fact, he is about to discover that he is the son of Poseidon, a half-blood, and destined to retrieve Zeus’s missing lightning bolt from Hades.

I might have enjoyed this fantasy novel in the traditional book format.
JohnCheonE1
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anne
My 10 year old thought it was kind of cool, but he wasn't super excited about it. It stuck pretty close to the book, but it felt kind of choppy. Not a bad choice for a reluctant reader, though.
Ana  Lelis
I like Percy Jackson and this was a great graphic novel. The illustrations weren't childish.
Carol
Jul 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Connor
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love the overall story, but I think they left out A LOT of important elements that the original version had. I didn't think the dialogue was nearly as sarcastic and humorous, and some of the events that effect future problems in the story were brushed over or not mentioned. Obviously I know a graphic novel can't be a one for one transition, but it could have at least captured the overall essence a little better. Also, I thought the artwork kind of jumped all over the place. You could definitel ...more
Donna
Nov 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teens, tweens
I wondered, as I picked up this slim volume, how would they ever get the story line, let alone all of the mention of Greek gods and goddesses, into it? Surprise! They don't! This is a "greatest hits" EP of the book. Not even all of the most interesting action scenes are in it. While it was fun to see how someone else visualized the scenes, this is not a book you could read and maybe even follow without reading its novel cousin. One of the lesser successful graphic novel adaptations I have seen o ...more
Tangirul Islam
This book is a real page turner.
Andrea
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this graphic novel for The Lightning Thief. It was like reading the book all over again.
Verbier ski chalet 1 2 Aug 08, 2019 11:40PM
Graphic Design Agency 1 1 Aug 08, 2019 12:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: Is Comic a new edition? 6 218 Jul 12, 2018 01:27AM
summary 1 1 Oct 18, 2017 02:11PM

• Other Worlds
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Percy Jackson & the Olympians:  The Ultimate Guide
  • Demigods and Monsters: Your Favorite Authors on Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series
  • Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess (Olympians, #2)
  • Moonhead and the Music Machine
  • The Arctic Incident: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Where Will I Live?
  • The Amulet of Samarkand (The Graphic Novel)
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #1)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels (5 books)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Last Olympian: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson Book 5)
“Um, Dues ex machina anyone?” 6 likes