Start by marking “The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)” as Want to Read:

The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  41,842 ratings  ·  1,516 reviews
You've read the book. You've seen the movie. Now submerge yourself in the thrilling, stunning, and action-packed graphic novel.
Mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking out of the pages of twelve-year-old Percy Jackson's textbooks and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy
Published October 12th 2010 by Disney-Hyperion (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Lightning Thief, please sign up.
Serena This site does not allow you to read published works for free.
han🌻 yeah, i no that the sixth book got published in august, although i havent been able to find the second

·  41,842 ratings  ·  1,516 reviews

Start your review of The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
C.G. Drews
So yes I have already read this but I wanted to see how it'd translate to comic! Because surely it can't be a worse adaption than the movie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And like I really enjoyed it and seeing the art, also some of Percy's expressions were super adorable. But overall he looked so old?! They're calling them 12 but they looked 18 or something agh. And the art overall didn't explode my world into pretty fireworks, buuuut...I like pictures. More books should have pictures. More books should have graphi ...more
Anne
2020
Oops. Read this one 10 years ago and forgot.
This time around, I feel about the same way. It's decent but the art is kind of lacking.

description

Original Review: 2010
My 10 year old thought it was kind of cool, but he wasn't super excited about it. It stuck pretty close to the book, but it felt kind of choppy. Not a bad choice for a reluctant reader, though.
may ➹
two minutes before I finished this book I got an email telling me my hold on the second one was available and if that isn’t a direct sign from god to keep reading I don’t know what it is
K. Elizabeth
A fun read, but I think I officially need to take a break from graphic novels. They're becoming a little boring to me.
may ❀
1st buddy read in our binge week with the loser who cant decide on a book to read

Mark of Athena spoiler (view spoiler)

uhhhhhh
so like it was a pretty good adaptation from the books in the sense that the main elements were there (aside from medusa)

and the graphics were pretty good

but why the heck are percy and annabeth so UGLY ???!!??? boi have you SEEN fanart ?!! THAT'S how they should be drawn ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

(s)

b
Elevetha
1.5 stars.

The truth about graphic novels is that they are almost always bad entirely carried by the illustrations. That's just how it is. So when you have illustrations that are, to be frank, rather bad and the characters do NOT look like how anyone, except apparently Attila, envisioned them, it all amounts to a poor graphic adaptation that doesn't hold a candle, nor even a crappy busted Bic lighter, to the original series. You don't gain anything except a minor headache from reading this.

I mea
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Meh. I love the actual novel but this was a really poor interpretation of it.
Helen 2.0
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I suppose the artist/writer wanted to keep this graphic novel as brief as possible, but in the process he/she completely omitted a number of important plot points from the Lightning Thief novel. I would have been thoroughly disappointed in the story had I not read the written version a long time ago.
Jim Ef
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
image: description
I haven’t read the book but I guess that is better than this. Percy is a normal teenager or at least that’s what he thinks. One day a crazy thing happens at school and Percy will find out that he is actually the son of Poseidon, god of sea. A war between Poseidon and Zeus is going to start in couple of weeks and all because of a misunderstanding. Of course the one who can end this before our world ends is Percy.

So the story doesn’t seem so bad right? The problem was that I didn’t care abo
Jessica
I felt like it didn't portray Percy as well as the book did, he wasn't as funny in the graphic and I felt that the story didn't flow very well because of key parts that were missing. However I really liked the art and it was easy to follow.
Wren (fablesandwren)
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-shelved, 02-stars

Just read the books. They aren't my 100% favorite either, even though I am a huge fan of Greek mythology. This was just... not well adapted in my opinion.
Stepheny
So on Christmas eve my two best friends and I exchanged gifts at work. Lindsay bought Andrea the first three graphic novels of the Percy Jackson series. Now, I had NO idea up to this point that these were a thing. Then when Lindsay and I opened our gifts from Andrea we realized she bought them for us! Can’t tell we spend a lot of time together!!!

We all read and loved the Percy Jackson series. It was something we shared together. The three of us read all the time and typically if one of us raves
prag ♻
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
oooo boy it's time graphic novels and i part ways never do i want to see one again i never thought i would ever give a rick riordan book less than three stars but i'm going to assume he knows nothing about this because iT'S SOMEHOW WORSE THAN THE MOVIE TOO

- the lightning bolt looks like a fucking spindle
- luke? who's luke
- half the plot is lying in a ditch somewhere
- not to diss anybody's drawing i mean i couldn't draw a candle to save a life,, but
- WHY THE FUCK DO ALL THE CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE U
Mario
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a really fun and fast read, which I really liked. But what I didn't like is lack of Percy's humour, and most characters looked so different than as I imagined them.
Joey T
May 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Mehhhh

This has been my first shot at Perch Jackson! And it wasn’t great obviously. I mean, it could’ve been worse but there didn’t really seem to be a consistent flow to the story and it was all decently random.

I always had an interest in mythology but this just sooooo fell short of my expectations. I mean, also all the weird demon creature stuff was a little bit of a turn off for me. Especially when they went into the underworld.

Content:
Basically appropriate. A few swears. One or two shots de
Luupi "The Reading Queen"
RTC
--------------------------
This graphic novel is incredible, I love the art and how easy it is to read. I only had to spend like maybe an hour and a half to finish it. However, that might be because I just love this series :D

I'm soo sad that in my country only the first and second one arrived, all the other ones (if they exist) probably won't come :/ I guess I'll have to try and find them online because they truly are gorgeous <3
Wilmarie (lesbe.reader on IG & TikTok)
I hate this adaptation. I hate this book. I hate this adaptation. I hate this book. I hate this adaptation. I hate this book. Now repeat that a 100 times and you'll get how I feel.
This graphic novel did not do justice to the book. They changed the story, it was too short, and the art wasn't good.
Vicky N.
Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017 - A book based on mythology. It is based on Greek Mythology. 1/52

Percy Jackson thinks he's a normal 12 year old who has dyslexia and ADHD until he gets attacked by a teacher on a school trip and finds out he is the son of a god. He travels to a camp filled with other demigods(sons of a god and a human) where he gets sent on a quest for Zeus' stolen lightning bolt.
So begins Percy Jackson's journey fighting angry gods and all kinds of mythical creatures.

Percy Jack
Yoda
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked it, but I would recommend reading as normal book instead of graphic novel.
Raoufa Ibrahim
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: myth
It's not as the same quality as the second one.. the drawing was very simple, no much details and the story missed a lot of things .. I read the book a six months ago and I forgot things so while reading the graphic novel some parts were confusing.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dtb-book
Having read the entire series as a whole years ago, I already knew what I was getting into beofre starting this graphic novel version of the story.

And even though it is obvious going into the story that you won't be getting the completely story, the beautiful illustrations more than made up for the lack of info.

Beautifully drawn and a whole lot of fun. I would say my first foray into the graphic novel world was a huge success and now I want more. I will definitely be continuing the series (agai
nova ryder ☼
well that was disappointing. i feel like giving this three stars was a stretch. everything was so rushed. ugh. i’m upset
isabelle
description

Let me admit that although I have little to no experience in graphic novels, I am a minor art geek. I draw in my free time when I'm not in a mood to pick up a book. I look at art like a predator looks at its prey. Calculating. Judging. And as I looked upon the art in this graphic novel I almost instantly cringed. Our cast did not look like twelve year olds. Their faces changed from time to time and I had to pause to figure if it was the same person. And don't even get me started on Annabeth's cl
Sophia
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to read these graphic novels before starting the Heroes of Olympus series and I’m glad I did!
There were a few details that I had forgotten. However, there are some details that I do remember that they had left out. While I thought that was a little strange, overall I enjoyed this quick and easy way of remembering the beginning of Percy and co. adventures before starting a new chapter!
Yuriyurika
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Come on...
Meaghan
Jul 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
I really love Percy Jackson and I really enjoy graphic novels, so I'd thought this would be an easy, nostalgic 5-star read for me! It's also been a crazy long time since I've read the original series as well, so I thought the distance would mean I wouldn't be comparing the two too much. In the end... I think the graphic novel lost a lot of the charm I loved from Riordan's books (namely the humor, tbh), and I don't know if I'll be reading the rest of these...

I get that graphic novels can often fe
Miss Book
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ah. Disappointment.
This was super quick read, but I really didn't like it. I knew going into this that it was different from the book, but I was just very disappointed. The characters were very different than I imagined them. The art style was not the best. It was not that funny. And it generally took away the feel of the book, which I couldn't stand.
If you're a fan of the series, you might be interested in reading this, but, personally, I didn't like it at all.
Carolina
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
3.5*

This was a simple and fast read. I didn't particulary like the art work, they could have done something so much better, especially for the Underworld part. Some parts had beautiful colors but the art itself didn't appeal that much to me.
Really liked getting back to our first encounter with Percy though.
Daniella (Reading With Daniella)
Click here to see this review and others on my blog Reading With Daniella

This was a rather terrible adaptation of a fantastic novel.

One of the many things that I adore about the Percy Jackson series is it’s comedy and light-hearted vibe that it has.
The art style took the humor and fun out of the story.
It was dark and moody, which is nothing like the feel of the original book.
It’s sad that there is a boatload of Percy Jackson fanart out there that is a thousand times better than this.

I’m sorr
Bionic Jean
"Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek god."

This review is for Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel, which has been adapted by Robert Vendetti from Rick Riordan's novel, the first in the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. The art work is by Attila Futaki and Jose Villarrubia.

The advertising blurb says, "Percy Jackson, half boy, half god, all hero." It certainly sounded exciting. In fact though, it is rather a disappointing read
Verbier ski chalet 1 2 Aug 08, 2019 11:40PM
Graphic Design Agency 1 1 Aug 08, 2019 12:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: Is Comic a new edition? 6 218 Jul 12, 2018 01:27AM
summary 1 1 Oct 18, 2017 02:11PM

• The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Harry Potter Boxed Set, Books 1-5 (Harry Potter, #1-5)
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Catching Fire: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
  • Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince: (Piano Solo)
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: A Graphic Novel
  • SAMPLER ONLY: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Maze Runner: The Death Cure: The Official Graphic Novel Prelude
  • The Heroes Of Olympus - The Complete Series [Boxed Set] [Newest Set]

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels (5 books)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (Percy Jackson: The Graphic Novels #5)