What do you think?
Rate this book
369 pages, Hardcover
First published November 30, 2010
Joyzi: Hey I recommend you to read the Hunger Games it was so amazing blah blah blah and I read it like in one sitting cuz I can't put it down and Peeta was so sweet and everything blah blah blah, best book ever blah blah
Friend: ah okay :)
After a few days...
Joyzi: Hey have you finished the Hunger Games?
Friend: No I don't want to read it.
Friend: I kinda go to wikipedia and I found out it was a violent book, children killing children kinda.
Joyzi: Yeah it was pretty violent. Why? Don't you wanna read something that has gore on it?
Friend: Sorry friend but violence is not my cuppa.
Cassia lives in a society where everything is already chosen for her. From the food that she eats to the cloths she wears, everybody has a programm to follow and no one dares to disobey.
People are led to belive that everything that happens is for the best.
• The food they give them is personal picked for each and everyone of them to keep them strong and energized without them gaining any excess weight.
• They are monitored when they exercise, so they don't over work themselves.
• They all wear the same clothes and have to obey to the same rules which mostly are not to disturb other citizens.
• They are all sorted into jobs from a young age based on their abilities.
to name a few. But perhaps most importantly,
• When they reach 17 they go to a banquet where they are "Matched" with another person of a different gender based on their statistics, whom they supposed to marry one day. (Unless they chose to stay Single for ever which however means that they can't have any children.)
Our story begins the night of Cassia's Match banquet where she get's matched with her best friend Xander.
However when she get's home and takes a look at the chip they gave her with Xander's information, she is surprised to see another face too. Someone she also knows.
Don't knowing what to do since the society never makes mistakes, she decides to tell no one.
When one day an officer approches her and tells her that everything was a mistake, that someone found it funny to put Ky as a match to her even tho he won't ever be able to get married because of his status, she feels relived but also curious.
What does she actually know about Ky? They have been friends for a long time but he keeps a low profil and doesn't get close with anyone.
So when they find themselves in eachothers company more often, they grew closer and as closer she comes to Ky, the more she finds flaws to the socitey they live in.
But in a world where everything you do is monitorized, how many times can you break the rules before you get caught?
“Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs.”
“Angels?” “You know. The ones in the old stories. How they can fly to heaven.” “Do you think anyone believes in them anymore?” he asks. “I don’t know. No. Do you?” “I believe in you.”
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might Contain Spoilers*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱