Start by marking “To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3)

To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories #3)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  2,349 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Who is this woman? McKay Harrington wondered. After chasing and killing an outlaw in the Boulder foothills, Harrington finds himself critically wounded and dependent upon a mysterious woman named Callie. When Harrington returns to his job at the Treasury Department, an unexpected encounter reveals a dangerous masquerade...

Can McKay Harrington penetrate the wall of secrecy
Published January 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers (first published February 21st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about To Know Her by Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Know Her by Name

Jill
Jun 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To Know Her by Name is the first Lori Wick title I got. I have a thing for Christian fiction set in this time period, and since I had nothing else to read at the time and the book was hardback for less than $2 at a thrift store, I couldn't pass it up.
The story is of the mysterious Callie Jennings. After her outlaw brother was killed in her own home, she was responsible for the decision to allow the agent who killed him to die untended or to try to save him. The decision to save him led to a jour
Loraine
SUMMARY: Who is this woman? McKay Harrington wondered. After chasing and killing an outlaw in the Boulder foothills, Harrington finds himself critically wounded and dependent upon a mysterious woman named Callie. When Harrington returns tohis job at the Treasury Department, an unexpected encounter reveals a dangerous masquerade…

Can McKay Harrington penetrate the wall of secrecy surrounding Callie’s true identity to share the saving love of Jesus Christ?

And what about the love growing in his hear
Kristen Robison
I thought that the whole premise of the story was great so I'm giving it a 2 star! However, the author really has a hard time writing point of views! I'm giving that a 1 star! She was giving me whiplash going from Pup's point of view, to MacKay's back to an odd 3rd person all with in mere paragraph's of each other and then swapping back to another person! Yikes, I had to re-read things sometimes just to realize who she had shifted too again.
Judie
Jan 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that has a lot of Bible study in it, so for me, it is Christian fiction as opposed to romance or adventure, etc. The pivotal people in this story are interesting and it was a good story.
Ashley Daviau
Sep 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF for me on the first book in this series and although I own the rest of the series I will not be reading it. I could feel it putting me into a slump and so I've elected to put it down and move onto something else.
Crystal
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book. wished the Buchanans, Landleys and Fontaines(featured in books 1 and 2) were featured more in this one. Overall, a great book on finding faith and about God's omnipresence and ability to help anyone at anytime. Most importantly He does it in His time.
Lori Inouye
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Lori Wick books.
Katrina
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Callie (Pup) is an undercover agent for the treasury dept. Also fought in the civil war.
Donna Bagby
Good story about McKay Harrington, Treasury agent, who was shot and critically wounded in the foothills of Colorado. McKay was also tended by a woman who was very secretive, mysterious and the master of many disguises. McKay falls for this woman, but does he really know her?
Hannah
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good story and my first Lori Wick.
For awhile I was conflicted about what rating I would give, or whether I would finish. At first the characters seem to repeat observations and do a whole lot of telling the story rather than the plot moving much, but once Pup goes into the field things really pick up. And then it was excellent and very hard to put down! The ending was particularly well played out and not rushed at all.
I didn't feel like the spiritual parts were overly preachy at all,
Dani
This is the best Wick book I've read so far. It is from one of her earlier series. Others have said that Wick's early books are better than the later ones, and this book is evidence of that. The storyline, about a woman who masquerades as a man and works for the US Treasury Department in the 1870s, is more exciting than and the writing isn't nearly as stilted. None of the "this woman" problem shows up here.

The books in the Rocky Mountain Memories series don't intertwine much with each other, so
Kathy
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rocky Mountains Series #3
To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3) by Lori Wick To Know Her by Name by Lori Wick
Pup Jennings was going about her day win her younger brother Govern showed up out of the blue and started demanding that she give him money… The rest of the day was all downhill from there.

Read:
December 5-27, 2015 - Paperback
Nikki
Apr 18, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lori Wick Fans

And what about the love growing in his heart for
Dianne Sidebottom
I had read before about girls fighting in the civil war as boys so that wasn't a surprise. To continue on working for the government in undercover roles would have been and interesting life but when your own siblings are wanted for crimes that must have made some decisions difficult. I liked the "spiritual" searching in the story n the conflict it had n the discovery process. Callie's honesty wowed me n liked her character very much.
Meridyforgot
Feb 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The female lead of this book was fasinating and yet believable. The male lead was more predictable, but I felt he deserved the heroine. The story was exciting, but I still had to skip parts (usually books that get my coveted five star rating, don't have many skipped parts). However, because I loved the characters and storyline so much and because this book felt more original than some of her others that I have read, I feel this one deserves a five star rating.
Kristine Morgan
Govern Hackett shows up at Pup Jenning's cabin in the mountains demanding money, but he is followed by McKay Harrington.a Treasury agent. After a violent shoot out Pup buries Govern and nurses McKay back to health. Pup is a woman of few words and McKay leaves , feeling sorry for her, believing she is half witted.
Book 3 in Lori Wick's Rocky Mountain Memory series is a good story with likeable characters. I love watching Pup at work. So just settle back and enjoy a good clean story.
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story was so far-fetched. Men in the Wild West would have never allowed a woman to play spy and there is no way she would've been unrecognizable in all of her disguises.

What could be an otherwise good book gets ruined by Lori Wick's incessant need to write characters that judge other Christians as doomed to hell because they don't believe exactly the same way. blech

I liked the Colorado setting but that was about it.
Cherish Parker
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this book so far. At first it did take me a little while to really get into it, but seeing as how this isn't my first Lori Wick novel I knew to keep reading that I wouldn't be disappointed. I love that it mentions Christ's loving salvation right off the bat in the book's description.
Thebarrys10
Nov 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story about two undercover agents who meet in tragic circumstances. One of the agents accepts Christ as her Savior and the other is instrumental in that conversion. Love ensues and so does drama with their work. As with her other books, Lori specializes in bringing out faith which makes for an uplifting experience.
Judine
I liked the concept of this novel, but I'd appreciate it even more if the characters from the previous books in the series could have been more involved. I would have preferred watching all of Edie's and Jackie's sisters find husbands, so we aren't left wondering about the rest of the clan. It was just too much of a departure, with too many new characters.
Marie Freundl
I love the character very original. The plot is good and rich in imagination. Over all loved the book, but the end is kind of ..............inevitable. Like she didn't have any other choice but to do what she did at the end.
Ruth Beard
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the first books I ever read more than once. I absolutely loved the characters and the plot. I would recommend this book to someone who enjoyed a romance novel with a happily ever-after ending.
Annissa
This is the third story in the Rocky Mountain series, but has different characters than the other two books. I found the story interesting but could see a few similarities and situations that the author has used in other story lines. Overall an interesting read.
Mandi Ellsworth
This is my second Lori Wick book, and I think I'm done. She's not a bad writer, but her themes are so overtly religious, that I'm kind of put off by it. I like being preached to at church, but not so much when I'm looking for a good story.
Sparrow12
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it. I have read it at least three times
Elizabeth
Jun 10, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lori-wick
Sorta different, but really fun once you get past that! It feels a little inconsistant at points, but not too bad.
Cws
good read
Abigail Mitchell
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I think this one is the best in the series! although I haven't read much of the last one yet. I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
Sherwood
Jul 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not much. Not my style. Awkward way to slip in religion and faith. Predictable characters and outcome.
  • June (Brides of the West, #2)
  • A Quiet Strength (A Prairie Legacy, #3)
  • Sweet Boundless (The Diamond of the Rockies #2)
  • Wildflower Bride (Montana Marriages, #3)
  • Texas: Pioneer Hearts Are Open to Love and at Risk for Danger in Four Interwoven Novels
  • Shadows of the Canyon (Desert Roses, #1)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Rocky Mountain Memories (4 books)
  • Where the Wild Rose Blooms (Rocky Mountain Memories, #1)
  • Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories, #2)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)