Start by marking “Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More” as Want to Read:
Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More

Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  228 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Velenth is a Dark Lord, full of dirty tricks and dark intrigue. He's not exactly the kind of ruler his people might have wanted, but he's helped them out a lot, improving the economy and the sewer system. He's even creating a new fashion statement with his dark and dipped in black ways. So why is he so lonely. Velenth knows just what he needs, so he decides to put out a pe ...more
Nook, 132 pages
Published June 2nd 2007 by Torquere Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More, please sign up.

SMi Good question! The publisher listed no longer carries it. The link to purchase the book on the author's website is to the publisher. Questions in…moreGood question! The publisher listed no longer carries it. The link to purchase the book on the author's website is to the publisher. Questions in regards on the author's blog have gone unanswered. And the author is disinclined to share any contact info whatsoever. Looks like the only way a person is going to read this is if someone who has a copy is willing to share. Anyone want to share? *sigh*(less)

LD  Durham
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this one is not pure craziness, but it sure is just as fun. We have our Dark and Evil Prince, Velenth, who really just wants a little regular nooky with a lovin’ feeling. His closest employees realize that their prince is, gasp, lonely. So, they begin a search for a likely candidate to be a dark lord’s companion.

And even when you are a dark and evil prince, dating still really sucks.

Every character in this book is just fantastic. Each one has a purpose and each of their voices is unique an
Elisa Rolle
All right, you want a lot of laughing with an acid tinge? So read this novel. All through my reading I have a visual image of this story play by the Monty Python! It's funny, it's irriverent and not politically correct: it's an absolute worthy reading.

In a fantasy kingdom, Velenth is the fair and handsome son of the king, while his twin Nalenth is the dark and hated one. So the king decides to seal Nalenth in a high tower. But when Velenth is sixteen years old, he kills his father, sends his mot
Edina Rose
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was ok

This the story of a young blond-haired, blue-eyed charming sovereign, who killed his dad to take over the throne, sent his mum in a convent to shut her up, and put his twin brother in prison to avoid history repeating itself! He is called "the Dark lord" by his subjects because he can be very ruthless when it comes to politics and power. But in his personal life, he is exactly the opposite. First he does not understand the dating game. He is OK with meaningless sex, but he can't have an
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt
For a book that’s supposed to be comedy, the laughs in this story come with a snap of sharp teeth. Elisa Viperas has a kind of evil genius for digging around for awkward, true-to-life situations for her characters, and holding up these less-than-shining moments to be slyly mocked. That’s why this book is so incredibly funny – because the situations are so instantly recognizable. Haven’t we all been enamored of ugly shoes at some point in our lives, and haven’t we all made at least one Huge Mista ...more
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark and hilariously funny, this book is tongue-in-cheek social and political commentary in a short package. The characters are uniquely suited to each other, the story seems to be a strange fairy tale, but once it all starts to make sense, it's genius.

The perfect read for some good belly laughs and a couple hours of light-hearted fun.
Oct 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love my friend to tears. She gave me this book, telling me it was 'brilliant and hilarious', and I didn't have to question it, like I do with other books. The title alone is enough to make you go "WAITWAT?!"

And good grief, did I have a TRUCKLOAD of laughs reading this. It's quite the epic book, if you like slightly a cracky and sarcastic style. Its characters were fit for the genre, and while not entirely -deep- per se, they weren't entirely shallow, either. I loved them. I loved th
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
--Velenth snorted. "Jeez, Reynard, if I wanted sex, I'd disguise myself as a petty officer and try to trick the seventh division into gangbanging me until I can't walk." He paused, and his lips curled with a small, dreamy smile. "Again."-- it's pretty light hearted and funny. I like the characters.

BUT in my mind, Sven is always the douchebag college version of Bobby, the Barbarian from Dungeons and Dragons

[image error]
Dark, wickedly fun. This one got me worried looks when I would burst out snorting and laughing out of nowhere which somehow get worse when you try to control yourself. Recommended for those who are in the mood for a dry, witty, sarcastic, hilarious read with great, memorable characters all around. Thanks to MandyM for pointing the way, it can be found at Diesel ebookstore.
Aug 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humorous-romance
For the first half of the book I laughed out loud constantly. Later on it became dark, messy and confusing, and I didn't like it at all. The end was rather sweet and funny again, with few surprising twists.

So it's not my perfect-5-stars book (rather 4.5), but I'll round it to 5.
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing missing to make it perfection was a scene with the soldiers in the barracks. It was my ideal otp after all.
I suppose my enjoyment of this would have been greater if I hadn't pictured Velenth's main love interest looking like this the whole time in my head :

Other than that this book really wasn't that bad, it was at times delightfully funny. And yet in all good conscience I can't give it more than two stars. It's too much of a "brain mush" type novel for that. Vipera's isn't a bad writer, but she's not exactly talented either. This novel would have been better suited to a manga format, and if the auth
James Haub
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mar 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, kindle-ereader
Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More is at once exactly what it says on the tin and yet nothing like it promises to be. A so-called “dark lord” wants a proper friend and maybe a serious boyfriend, but it lacks in both the humour promised by the title, in the tropes (straight or reversed) and most of all in the romance department.

This is no dark lord, it’s the “Draco In Leather Pants” trope at best. There’s very little romance in the novel - tacked on at the very end in a very unsatisfactory ma
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was funny. It was sarcastic. It played with the tropes of fairytale heroes and villains and turned them upside down. It also was heart-warming in its sugary sweetness with the romance.

In other words: If you like the writings of Terry Pratchett and also want to see Mister Evil Overlord find some happiness with a dorky viking - this is a book for you!
Oct 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you're trying to make me sympathize with a Dark Lord - yes, even one who supports a functioning sewer system and theater - you have to at least make him competent. Or not laughably politically incompetent, that would be a good start.
Eden Winters
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging characters, laugh out loud funny antics. What more could I want?
Can't give more due to otp issues! :(
Dec 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bored Reader Seeks Better Story Writing, Definitely More Laughs.
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy, adult, mm, humour
I actually really liked the main character. He was oddly cute, and I enjoyed that he really was a bad person.
Go villain.

The book seemed too short or too flat to get a real liking for it.

One thing I particularly disliked: in the beginning the Dark Lord was said to have a bubbly, sociable personality in his childhood. Where did that go? Later on in the book, it seemed to have said something along the lines that he was never a happy and personable character -- which seemed inconsistent.
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, meh
It's definitely different, and actually at least a little bit entertaining in kookiness, but the whole resolution was just so...something about it was just hard to believe. Like "really? Author, that's really what you're going to settle with?" And I mean, I guess I can't really figure out what the alternative might be, but just...I dunno, it was weird for me, and I didn't like it, and I walked away from it feeling vaguely dissatisfied with the whole thing.
Perhaps it was just the mood I was in while I was reading it, but the wink-wink-nudge-nudge feel from the author lost its charm after a while, and it felt increasingly predictable. It's not poorly written by any means, but it felt like a slash fanfic, which is only a criticism when that means 'self-indulgent.'
This was a funny quick read. The humor was subtle and intelligent. The characters well developed and relateable. Who hasn't had trouble on the rode to finding their mate? Even though the title was a little off putting the story more than made up for it.
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, erotica, 2012
LOL! What to say about this one?
I liked the fluffy no-nonsense style, the satirical outlook and how one can really relate to the very handsome, golden haired and blue eyed dark lord and his difficulties in finding a matching love interest.
V. funny!
Nancy L
Aug 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, pnr, paranormal, humerous
looking for a good laugh, this is a good book to read.
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour
more like 2,5.
Notta Chance
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-comedy, mc-nobility
This is so funny.I always enjoy it.
Feb 20, 2011 marked it as find-and-read
Shelves: queer, fantasy
Uh, apparently this is no longer for sale, anywhere? Help?
Sara Testarossa
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
This book is clever, funny, and sexy. I was lucky enough to get a copy when it was still in print. I hope Elisa Viperas republishes it so more people can read it.
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF 50%
It sounded interesting but was extremely...boring?! I just couldn't finish it. 2 stars because I'm feeling generous and a little guilty for this abandon.
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this immensely! Very fun writing with cool characters, reminiscent of fanfiction in the best ways.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Where can I get this book? 3 27 Jul 22, 2014 08:34AM
  • Embrace
  • Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1)
  • The Archer's Heart
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Left of Centre
  • Cethe
  • Out of the Ashes (A Strong and Sudden Thaw, #2)
  • Out of the Woods (Tarin's World, #1)
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Magebound
  • Strange Fortune
  • Mongrel (Mongrel, #1)
  • Wishbone
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Tiger and the Raven
  • Beloved Son (Aisling, #3)
  • After Dark (After, #1)
  • The God Eaters
Elisa On Elisa: Sadly impossible until cloning laws are relaxed. Elisa is contradictory, easily annoyed, quickly won over by chai, in a long term relationship, still unable to work her cell phone properly, totally into Altoids' Dark Chocolate Dipped Ginger Mints, possibly a mermaid, torn between the dry desert sand and the deep blue ocean, scornful of emoticons that feature multiple semi-colons, a ...more
More about Elisa Viperas...

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wizard at Large (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
  • Timequake