Start by marking “The Case for the UFO” as Want to Read:
The Case for the UFO

The Case for the UFO

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Born in Indiana, Jessup grew up with astronomical interests. He earned an astronomy BS from the University of Michigan in '25 &, working at the Lamont-Hussey Observatory, he received an MS in '26. Tho he began a doctorate in astrophysics, he ended dissertaton work in '31. He's been referred to in ufological circles as "probably the most original extraterrestrial hypoth ...more
Published 1955 by Bantam Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about The Case for the UFO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case for the UFO

Terri
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this audio book as a gift in exchange for a honest and unbiased review. This book is both interesting and entertaining. My favorite parts were when they discusses the unusual weather including huge blocks of ice and snowflakes. I love hearing all the alien stories. I also like hearing about all the scientific entries there are for this kind of strange happenings.

The author, Dr M K Jessup did a great job researching all the details for this book. It is well written and quite interesti
Kenneth
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: UFO buffs
I read this book that my Dad had brought home when I was in about 6th grade. Really mind blowing at that age. I loaned it to a classmate of mine and later he told me that his older brother read it and then couldn't get to sleep at night afterwards! Which I thought was really funny then (and still do).

Anyway, the author scours meteorology, history and astronomy for evidence of UFO's. The Flying Saucer craze had just started a few years before, in the late 1940's, and the author, M.K. Jessup, was
Erik Graff
Feb 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: ufo historians
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: sciences
I'm not certain if I bought this or read it at the Park Ridge Public Library. In any case, while in elementary school I was very interested in anything to do with astronomy, cosmology, space travel, science fiction and UFOs. Of the non-fiction books the UFO ones were most accessible. A lot of the astrophysics I "read" was really above my head, but UFOs were all over the popular media and aliens were, of course, a mainstay of my favorite literary genre.

Jessup's book was one of many I devoured as
Jan
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chekijian, nonfiction
The publisher's blurb gives a fine overview of the material.
The author presents an interesting perspective on the issues surrounding the presence/observances of extraterrestrial beings and their manifestations. I am of the impression that this book, like some others I have been exposed to, has been reissued as more of a resource text for devotees and advanced degree theses. The info contained is as valid today as it was then.
Narrator Jack renders a professional performance of neutrality with a p
John
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a very good read. I guess that explains why there are such strange weather patterns along with "rare" activities in the sky.

Many typos from the way the narration was written from the multiple parties that wrote all over the actual book.
Josh Ellis
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: conspiracy, legendary
I own a copy of the legendary VARO Edition of this book. While especially interesting, and an unique anomaly, I give little credence to the subject material.

This book is only recommended for collectors, and library checkouts for less serious reading.
Nik
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: extraterrestrial
4 stars! WTF? Probably the only book that dissects the topic of UFOs in a truly out-of-box type of thinking. No mystical crap here. Must read, don't think twice but read the annotated addition of course.
Lexlie
Aug 26, 2016
Xhristofer
Apr 04, 2016
Edgar René Ruiz López
rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2015
Feb 20, 2014
Joshua
Oct 18, 2016
American ufologist.

Although Jessup had a Master's degree in astronomy he worked most of his time as an automobile-parts salesman and a photographer.

He is mostly known for his pioneering ufological writings and his role in "uncovering" the so-called "Philadelphia Experiment"an alleged military experiment that is said to have been carried out by the U.S. Navy at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in Ph
More about Morris K. Jessup