Start by marking “Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)

Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  258 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
The second mystery featuring Georgiana Neverall, plumber's apprentice extraordinaire.

Georgiana Neverall never pictured herself knee-deep in a muddy trench building a moat-part of a state-of-the-art castle that would soon house a retired Microsoft engineer.

She also never imagined being a murder suspect, but that's exactly what happens when a floater in the moat turns ou
Published April 6th 2010 by Berkley (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lead-Pipe Cinch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead-Pipe Cinch

Cindy
May 04, 2010 rated it did not like it
I read the first book. I had high hopes for the second one. I just didn't like the way the mystery was written in as far as the villian was brought into the story. I read a lot of mysteries. It didn't make sense to me. It didn't follow a logical sequence. I know that there are surprises in mysteries, but usually you're introduced to the character at some point early in the book. I just didn't like it That's my opinon.
Katherine
Jun 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
A friend lent me both Georgiana Neverall books. I wasn't expecting to like cozies about a lady plumber, but I did. Easy to read, good characters who seemed real to me, and the plots flowed smoothly. The first book was good enough for me to want to grab the second book and start reading it immediately, and I'll for sure buy the next one in the series. If you like cozies and easy/fun reads, these good books.
Nancy Carty Lepri
Apr 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
A great cozy with lots of suspense!
Susan
Lead Pipe Cinch by Christy Evans is the 2nd book of the Georgiana Neverall cozy mystery series set in a small Oregon town. Georgie lost her high-tech computer security business due to dirty dealings and betrayal. She fled to her small-town roots and took up plumbing. She has been keeping her Silicon Valley days a deep dark secret from her family and friends, but cannot any longer... because her former business partner and lover turns up dead on her construction job. Predictably for a cozy, she b ...more
Sandra
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I haven't read the first book in this series, but this second book was easy to read. The heroine made some rather poor decisions but overall a decent cozy mystery.
Myhotstylist
Sep 20, 2010 rated it did not like it
Hmmf... Im not sure this will be a good review, as I had a few beefs with this book.

Although I like the premise of the book, (a plumbers apprentice) this book just felt to "cozy" for me. Georgiana spent over 70% of the book worried about her secret of getting booted out of her old computer business "Samarai Security" Im guessing she felt a lot of shame over this, which is what, IMO dragged the book downward. She seemed overly obsessed with keeping her secret, which she is afraid would be reveale
Vickie
May 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Even with only two books, this has quickly become one of my favorite cozy series. I love the premise of the main character meandering back home, trying to keep her head up after getting shite-canned from the company she created in California, going to work as a plumber's apprentice. A cool premise, a good reason for the main character to get involved in the solving of the murder, excellent side characters to either help or hinder the main character along the way.
I really liked getting the backs
LORI CASWELL
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Georgie story continues and we learn what really happened to her computer security business when her old business partner comes to Pine Ridge to work with a retired Microsoft engineer who is building a castle complete with a moat. While Georgia is working in the trench she hears a familiar voice from the past, she knows her secrets are coming back to haunt her. Things get worse when the former business partner turns up dead the next morning face down in the rain filled trench. Of course, Georgie ...more
Linda
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: from-library, cozy
Second in the series about a former Silicone Valley computer tech genius who is now a plumber's apprentice. Her small northwestern town is the site of a massive build for a billionaire and his wife who want a house that resembles a castle.

So we start our story in a moat, a deep plumbing channel. Georgie as the low person on the totem pole is in the trench when she hears a familiar voice. Her former partner and lover is in town to put a security system for the billionaire. They cross paths and sw
Victoria
Jul 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
So far not so good. I didn't read the first one so I think I might have missed most of the background of the characters. What is bugging me is "the secret". She's been friends with Sue all her life and never told her ANYTHING about her high tech job and fancy pants clothes and rich boyfriend? Ever? Please.
I will finish this just see who was the killer but will not read anything else in this series.
Yup, terrible. Don't waste your time. And the "fun" plumbing tips and tricks aren't fun. They are
Erin L
Nov 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I like Georgie, but honestly, I struggled with this one. I'm not sure if I've just got too much going on right now, but I really had to put effort into continuing to read it - in many ways, I just didn't care. I also figured out who did it fairly early on which is so rare, I couldn't really believe it until I got to the end and voila, I was right.

I'll still probably continue with the series though.
Katherine P
Jan 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-read, 2011
A better read than the first one in the series but still a few issues. Georgie's friends actually seemed to be her friends in this book vs in the controlling roles they played in the first book. I also liked that the mystery of Georgie's past was explained and dealt with. I still found Gregory Whitlock's character a little too super villian but it looks like he will be dealt with in #3. All and all an entertaining light read with a good mystery.
Jody
May 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Georgiana Neverall is suspected of murdering her former boyfriend. This is a fun, light-hearted mystery. The second in a series; but you could read this one without reading the first. I enjoyed this book very much; I love how she had strong feelings about what happened in the past and now is confronted with the knowledge that the past isn't always what it seems.

Can't wait to read the next book in the series (and luckily I already have my copy, so can start it immediately!).
Lynn Demsky
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm enjoying this series of mysteries...Georgiana is more than interesting, intelligent, morale and all the things that make up a good person. Dump in all the other characters of the small town she moved back to, her friends and is truly more than a good read! Plus fun finding more about plumbing while reading --- author puts in good tips for standard household problems also! Have to find the next one!
Pamsholley
Apr 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Fun to read; follows Sink Trap. Georgiana Neverall, who had her career as originator of Samurai Security stolen from her by Blake Weston, finds herself in trouble when her former boyfriend and partner, Blake, is found dead at the site of a moat where she's been working. Now a plumber, Georgiana becomes the primary suspect and when she tries to solve the crime, she looks at her mother's new boyfriend, a real estate agent/developer who's in trouble financially. Pretty fun to read.
Linda
Aug 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Overall enjoyable mystery. I didn't see the murderer coming. The one annoying thing was how the dialogue was written, often a couple different paragraphs of the same character talking and that confused me sometimes when I thought it was a conversation between two characters.
Grey853
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, cozy
Similar to Sink Trap, the first book in the series, this one has Georgia involved in a murder. This time, however, she's a prime suspect because of a previous relationship.

This book suffered from the same flaws as the first, too much talk and not enough action.
Karen Fonville
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Georgie really has a crash between current and past in this book. It was another stay-up-late book for me. Excellent work, Ms. Christy Evans... can't wait for the next one!
Kathie
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Better read than the first one in the series but still not that interesting. The characters are not very likeable.
Elaine
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-series
Definitely one of my favorite cozy mystery series. Well written and interesting.
Marcie
Oct 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Standard mystery.
Alyssa White
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Oh the castle! This book was so great! I could not put it down!
Mascanlon
Aug 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Learning to be a plumber instead of computer security genius seemed to be a great idea since the company Georgians founded was stolen by her former boyfriend until he turns up dead on the worksite.
Joan
Rain
Jan 07, 2012
Harley
Aug 27, 2012
  • Plaster and Poison (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #3)
  • Closet Confidential (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #4)
  • Murder on the Eightfold Path (Mantra for Murder, #3)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Driven to Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #3)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Dead Air (Talk Radio Mystery, #1)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • Sketch Me If You Can (A Portrait of Crime Mystery, #1)
  • Delicious and Suspicious (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #1)
  • Through a Glass, Deadly (A Glassblowing Mystery, #1)
  • Flamingo Fatale (Trailer Park Mystery #1)
  • Angel's Verdict (Beaufort & Company, #4)
  • Button Holed (Button Box Mystery, #1)
  • Tressed to Kill (Southern Beauty Shop, #1)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1)

A Georgiana Neverall Mystery (3 books)
  • Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)