Start by marking “Siege” as Want to Read:
Siege

Siege (Marvel Universe Events)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  3,216 Ratings  ·  155 Reviews
The lines have been drawn in final battle!

In an epic story arc that began with Avengers Disassembled - and extended through the House of M, Civil War and Secret Invasion - the greatest villains of the Marvel Universe are ready to make their final move against a target from time immemorial: the hallowed halls of Asgard!

But with this the last piece in Norman Osborn's insane
Published July 28th 2010 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siege

Jeff
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
Siege was the culmination of the Dark Reign crossover event, which had the potential to be amazing and generally, in Bendis’ hands, it was. The Marvel Universe does a 180 and Dark Reign saw Norman Osborn and his evil Avengers take control, but Osborn’s command (if he ever had any) over the Cabal (the Evil Illuminati) has slowly waned, but his pal Loki’ll stick with him.

Osborn has been Loki’s patsy for some time and now it’s time to finalize his grand plan with the prize just within in reach. The
Terence
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
HAMMER Director Norman Osborn has decided to defy Presidential orders and wield his powers at their utmost to destroy Asgard.
description
Fortunately some still stand with Asgard and against Norman Osborn.
description

Siege is the ultimate outcome everyone expected when Norman Osborn was placed in charge of world security. A heinous crime against a people group that couldn't be ignored. He chose Asgard and surprisingly he had enough muscle to get the job done. This series is pure mayhem with things being destroyed left a
Nicolo Yu
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn’t finish this story when it first came out due to “event fatigue.” Marvel had too many crossover events that a few years ago I just ceased to follow the monthly comics and waited for the trade. I actually started on the first two issues but dropped it when I was overwhelmed by the tie-ins. Ironically, Marvel touted this as a small scale event, and perhaps the company was aware of their overabundance of events. This was indeed smaller in scale since it only had four issues and I was able t ...more
Martin
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
"SIEGE" capped years of storylines, from Avengers Disassembled, through House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion and finally "Dark Reign". It is a satisfying crossover event, reminiscent of a Hollywood Summer Blockbuster.

Because he is all sorts of crazy - and with some nudging by Loki, the Norse God of Mischief - Norman Osborn finally cracks and orders, then leads, the invasion of Asgard. The heroes finally decide that Osborn has gone too far and they decide to bring him down.

Often criticized fo
Anne
Aug 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Siege is everything I love about Bendis! It feels like everything that started in Civil War has finally come full circle. Not that there is ever any real finality in comics (graphic novels, whatever), but you do get closure on some of the issues that have been hanging out in the Marvel/Avenger universe for quite some time. *sigh* The End...ish.
Sesana
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
For a crossover event, this is actually quite good. I may be biased on that mark, though. I hated Civil War, and the Registration Act, and I'm no fan of the Osborn storyline. I don't really understand how he worked his way into the position that he did. Then again, the characters don't seem to get it either, so at least I'm not alone there. I might have ended up liking anything that did away with either one, much less both, even if it had ended up being terrible.

Good thing it isn't. Pulling off
James DeSantis
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
If I were to review this based on the first two issues it be a easy 4.5. It's fun and exciting but then...

Well what is Siege you ask. Well Asgard is on earth! Well it's floating above earth anyway instead of another dimension (I think it's another dimension usually, right?) and now Norman, you know the Green fucking Goblin, wants to take it. Siege is about Norman's final move to take everything from everyone, and the first issue is really a siege on Asgard. Of course Thor is like 'Nah brah that
Mike
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a payoff. I'm sure there are Marvel readers who are bitching about how Bendis is overextended and concerned that he isn't putting his highest quality into each work. That may be true of a few books over the last couple of years, but there is no better example of high quality than this series.

This book is not his usual character study, where the value of a story is in the way our heroes react personally to adversity. Rather, this is the balls-out third-act action climax to a very creative an
Kay
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhero-comics
I read this in a vacuum, so I'm not so sure how this holds up on its own. All other reviews say it's a great crossover, so it must be me not fully appreciating the work/story here...

I gave this 3 stars since there were parts that I really enjoyed (Osborn being cray, and Iron Man's "too soon" joke at the end, and the issue "The Way Things Are" from Free Comic Book Day 2009) and parts that I really did not enjoy (the art, and Sentry turning into Cthulhu...).
Also, no one seems to address Volstagg a
C.J. Edmunds
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Finally catching up with the Marvel event that shook the Marvel Universe, I must say that this is another must collect event from Brian Michael Bendis.

Following events from Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Civil War and the recent return of Thor courtesy of J.Michael Strazynski's run, this hardcover collection comes in the heels of mixed opinions regarding the presence of Asgard in Midgard. In the vernacular, it means that THOR has revived his kingdom of Asgard and had it floating atop the plains of
Sam Quixote
Oct 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Asgard is stranded in Midgard (Earth) hovering 12 feet above Oklahoma making everyone a little uneasy to have a city full of gods appear in the midst of the most powerful nation in the world. Norman Osborn, leader of HAMMER, ignores the President’s orders and launches a full scale war against Asgard, sending his Dark Avengers against Thor and his cohorts. Throw into the mix Steve Rogers and Nick Fury leading an array of old and new heroes and you have one big superhero fight.

“Siege” feels like
Gavin
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This is where shit finally goes down. Things come to a head, and it is one of the most satisfying ends to an Event like this in a long while.
There is a lot of action, a lot of behind the scenes things that make more sense if you read the supporting issues but still, this is the meat and potatoes of the whole thing. Norman Osborn and his Dark Avengers attack Asgard, laying Siege to it, and in so doing, actually end up causing the wounds from Civil War to be mended a little, as all the heroes actu
Tehanu
Brian Michael Bendis is the best player in Marvel.
Nice conclusion to the things that started back in Avengers: Disassembled, I missed some things due to the selection of the collection, but all in all it was great.
John
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm not a big fan of these giant all-star throw down types of event books, but as they go this is a pretty good one. It's Norman Osborn and his bogus Avengers vs. Cap & Nick Fury the now illegal Avengers fighting over Asgard, which is floating a few feet above Kansas. There's a ton of back story involved here which was a bit confusing, but this is basically just one big tag team match,and fairly entertaining one.
Brian Cambra
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a gritty story of what happens when deceit and manipulation get out of control. Good stuff.
Sandra Vilka
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
WOOOOO
Luke Smith
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eu gosto dessa porra e to nem aí.
André
Aug 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me just a couple of very intensive reading hours to get through Siege. I had read some of Brian Michael Bendis' work before, as Powers, House of M and Civil War but this time he hit the spot. I couldn't stop reading until I reached the end and I would have continued all night long if there was more.
"The Marvel Universe is under the control of its greatest villains. Norman Osborn - the man previously known to the world as the Green Goblin - is the commander of H.A.M.M.E.R., the internatio
Dmitry Yakovenko
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
"Осада" – это своего рода не просто завершение истории Майкла Стражински про Тора, что перенёс Асгард на Землю, это эдакое подведение итогов целого периода вселенной марвел. Бендис сам начал с "Распада Мстителей", продолжал "Новыми Мстителями" и "Династией М", потом Марк Миллар сразил "Гражданской войной", снова Бендис добивал "Секретным вторжением", за которым последовало тёмное правление Нормана Озборна, Громовержцы метали гром и молнии, попутно умирал Капитан Америка, тяжёлый удар переносил Ж ...more
Iowa City Public Library
Siege ends several Marvel Comics story arcs that date back to 2006, including the Civil War, the death of Captain America, the whole Asgard moving to Oklahoma thing, and the Dark Avengers, put together by the Green Goblin. A few characters seem to have bitten the dust as well, tho death is always provisional in comics. Ares, God of War in particular goes out with a splash, and it’s hard to see much future for the Sentry. Story arcs like these tend to move kind of slowly, so it’s a little startli ...more
George
Aug 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2010
I have mixed feelings about this one. It's an improvement over Marvel's last big event, "Secret Invasion," which was a four-issue miniseries stuffed into eight issues. The series' obligatory 'death of a hero' scene makes more sense, also. I thought the Wasp's death in Secret Invasion was done for shock value, and as such was rather senseless and stupid.

The negatives: I didn't like the art. The story, while readable, felt rather sketchy because I didn't read all the tie-in issues.

This feels like
Eric Mikols
Oct 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: avengers
Considering this book claims to have been building since Avengers Disassembled, I'm a little disappointed. There's some cool moments, though not as many as you would think. There's more wrong with this book than there is strength. I feel like it needed to be more than four issues and to slow down on the action. It doesn't feel like a war, just a quick battle that lasted for a few hours. With the main point of the story being to return the Marvel universe back into the heroes hands. However, it j ...more
Garrett Cook
Jan 23, 2011 rated it liked it
There's a lot to like about a Marvel Universe ruled over by a cabal of supervillains, but I cannot help but feel Bendis' transparent liberalism has made Marvel too preachy. Marvel used to be a company whose comics were concerned about the lives of their flawed and very real heroes instead of a laundrylist of epic political disasters. When Faustian madman Osborn oversteps his bounds and literally strikes at the gods, I feel patronized and like I'm being forcefed political truths. I might share th ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
This is actually a sprightly little conclusion to the Civil War/Dark Reign arc at Marvel. In just four issues it manages to offer a solid conclusion and change to the status quo, without dragging on as these big crossovers often do.

Looking back at it, Siege is not only a nice game changer, but also a great look at the Marvel Universe at a very specific point in time.

Finally, Bendis' scripting is worth commenting on, as it's fun and sometimes funny as well.

All around, a nice spine to the event.
TJ Shelby
Sep 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Christian Smith
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
this is a perfectly executed comic. an amazing story. i dont even really like the concept of the siege story line but this was really good. only thing i didn't like is that the last issue in it came before the main event. so why didn't they put it at the beginning of the book. whatever. still good.
Eòsaph
May 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marvel
read this in single issues. wowee. don't wanna spoil it. just get it when it comes out in tpb
Sonic
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Super fun!
Jesse
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
I know a lot of other people dislike this Marvel Event book. But it is honestly one of my favorites. I read this long before I read any of the other books in my Epic Thor reading, and despite having next to no context for what was going on (I'd read X-Men/Avengers Utopia and maybe some Dark Avengers, but knew nothing about the whole Asgard/Broxton thing) I felt brought up to speed quickly and easily and got into what was going on effortlessly. My primary beef with most Marvel events is that they ...more
  • Thor, by J. Michael Straczynski, Volume 2
  • Avengers: The Children's Crusade
  • X-Men: Second Coming
  • X-Men: Schism
  • Thor: The Trials of Loki

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

Marvel Universe Events (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • The Avengers: The Kree-Skrull War