Start by marking “Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)” as Want to Read:
Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)

Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #4)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  15,840 Ratings  ·  618 Reviews

Eleventh grade at Bathory High is draining Vladimir Tod. Joss, a professional vampire slayer and Vlad's former friend, has moved back to town. The powerful vampire Dorian has an overwhelming desire to drink Vlad's blood. And his arch enemy, D'Ablo, has brought Vlad's Uncle Otis to trial for crimes against vampires. So much for dating. When the tables turn on Vlad, he has j
Published February 9th 2010 by Speak (first published January 1st 2010)

Sarah705
Feb 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED the end of this book. It wasn't at all expected, and as soon as I finished it I wanted more! Vladimir really matures throughout the course of the story, and I think his character becomes a lot more complex. At the beggining I was a little unsure, but by the end I cared for him so deeply.

Vlad matures a lot during the course of the story, mostly emotionally. Although he's a half-vampire, he's also a teenage boy. He has a lot to deal with even excluding his vampire issues.

I guess every high
Gabriela G
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always this book was amazing, I mean what else should you expect from Heather Brewer and her series of Vladmir Tod? If you thought book number 3 was action packed and amazing, then you really should brace yourself for book number 4! The blurb to this book explains eveything that happens in a nut shell:
"Eleventh grade at Bathory High is draining Vladimir Tod. Joss, a professional vampire slayer and Vlad's former friend, has moved back to town. The powerful vampire Dorian has an overwhelming d
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
You will cry and cheer as this larger- than- life story come pulsing together with an explosive end that will have you exhaling "OMG!"
Jan 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why haven't I been reading this series already? Vladimir Tod's story is a great vampire story - nothing sparkles, but Tod's half-human, half-vampire nature leads him to claim to prefer to not drink human blood (so kind of a vegetarian). The Slayer/vampire conflict will resonate with any Buffy/Angel fan, but the bromance (sorry, I just couldn't help myself there) will really appeal to male readers.

In this episode, Vlad's struggle with his junior year in high school and the heartbreak he feels ov
Gabriela
Oct 26, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Counting down the days... in February 2010 that book will be mine >_>
Whitney
EDIT: Changed Brewer's name and pronouns.

I'm surprised myself that Eleventh Grade Burns actually got an above two stars rating from me. I'm glad that the story has picked up but it's a shame that it's taken the second to last book for me to get somewhat into this series.

In Eleventh Grade Burns Vladimir Tod not only has to deal with his Junior year of high school but also his old vampire slayer friend Joss moving back, a powerful vampire named Dorian who wants his half-human blood, and his uncle
Once Upon a Twilight
Let me start off by saying, the ending of this book left me with my jaw on the floor! Didn't see THAT coming!!!

In this book, we see the return of Henry's cousin and Vlad's former friend, Joss. Vlad made a tough decision at the end of book 3 and must deal with the consequences in this and the final book in the series.

Otis makes a return to Bathory and Bathory High School...as a teacher. Vlad is enjoying having his uncle around more often, but it won't be long before he'll be gone forever. And a n
Ericaj
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Autumn
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh, Vlad. He slightly irritated me in this one. Don't get me wrong, I understand Vladimir is growing up and is being immature, but half his problems would disappear if he wasn't so naive. Or gave his enemies the benefit of the doubt. This people try to kill him and he always shows mercy. It drove me insane.

That ending though... I have to read the final book RIGHT NOW!
Alexandra
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spoiled myself two days ago with the last word of the book.
A very nice cliffhanger. even if you read the book a second time :D
Laurel
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People looking for that special YA series
Recommended to Laurel by: My kickass sister
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This book.
This book has given me more emotion than I ever thought possible. Like...I thought My Sister's Keeper was bad. But Eleventh Grade Burns flew me out a window and laughed at my misery. I screamed at it, I cheered at it, I wanted to throw it down (for reasons of raging dread). If you are avoiding this because of vampires, don't avoid it. Please. This is good YA.

The story is about Vlad's junior year at Bathory High. It's gonna suck(hahaha), and he's dreading his Uncle Otis's trial for kill
CeJayCe
I found this series gets more enjoyable with every book. I was drawn in more to the plot and I didn't find nearly as many faults with Brewer's writing style. I think she improved a lot with this book. And I also feel like it's a gradual improvement, which is good since I wasn't thrown completely into a story that was so much better written I had to question whether or not she really wrote it.

So things I did find troubling, first off, was that she got rid of two of what I considered her best char
Rachel Fisher
Feb 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another blood sucking suspense by Heather Brewer,Eleventh Grade Burns. Vlad starts his Junior year with slayers gaining on his back. School is hard enough to handle, but with slayers trying to kill you, you have to work even harder. A vamipre that Vlad never knew about, Dorian, is out for Vlad's blood.Eddie is still trying to admit that Vlad is a vampire and it is so hard for Vlad to stop thinking about Meredith. A new character joins the suspense named Snow.Ever sense Vlad met Snow at the crypt ...more
Marcus Lawson
Jun 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purty-good
I just finished this book a few weeks ago. I have followed Vlad since the first book. Mostly, the cover caught my eye, and as expected, the synopsis on the back sealed the deal. I was kinda iffy on the first couple of books, even though I did like them because evryone wants to compare to Twilight. These books stand alone, and are very much the male response to Twilight. But the biggest thing is that these books MAKE SENSE. They're vampires! They drink blood. They maim. They kill. As sadistic as ...more
Amy
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
The only thing I can say after finishing this book is....Oh... My... Goodness!! This book was FILLED with twists and wonderful teenage drama. Vlad still attempts to renew his friendship with Joss, there is a new girl on the scene, plus there is the little life or death situation with his uncle. Everything goes down in this book and by the end... if you aren't thinking "Did I read that right?" as you reread the same page just to be sure, you are not human.

I still love how the book brings in all
Taylor
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katrina
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?! I ... I don't know honestly. I can't comprehend what's happening right now. That ending is just everything.

description
Tristan Hardin
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book to everyone. It's great, full of action and your left with a cliffhanger. Heather brought back Joss which always makes things interesting. It's a great book and it was fun to read.
Jamie
May 26, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent novel. A lot of gripping emotion, drama and humour that has you hooked from the first page. If you're a fan of paranormal/vampires, I highly recommend. If you're not a fan, then I wouldn't recommend. But all in all a great book.
Melissa Simons
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reese and I read this series over break on her Kindle. Harry Potter meets Twilight :)
Dizneeee
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wooo! Tables turned. Mysteries to solve in the last book! I can't waaaaiiiit!
Joyce
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What the hell is that for an ending!!!! It is a god damn good thing I have the last book waiting for me in the other room!!!!! :)
Lindis Russell
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better and better!!!
mayra/sonic fan1
yai this book is really awesome but everyone should read all of the series trust me this book is awesome i like the first novel the setting there was a good choice to put the characters.
Ryan Burt
Oct 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
I like the Vlad Todd books quite a bit. It is another Vampire read but still quite enjoyable.
Gabe
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book, keeping me reading until the end. Speaking of the end, it was amazing, made me want to read the next one.
Cicily
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it can't wait for the last book!!
Chelsea Gouin
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Meh. I'm a bit over this series. It's really not written very well and the plot has gotten repetitive and boring. In the fourth book of the series, we see Vlad, now 16 and starting his Junior year struggle with the aftermath of breaking up with Meredith. D'Ablo stil wants to steal the Pravus status, Otis faces a death trial, and Joss is back in Bathroy to stay. Vlad finally has some chemistry with another character as Snow has become a second drudge and a feeding bag for the young vamp. However, ...more
Calyb Burton
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I love this world, I love these characters, and now all I can think about is how sad I am that it's all coming to an end so soon....but I'm also really, really excited for the finale.

Whatever doubts I had thanks to the third book about this series hitting a slump, were erased completely by this book. The story progression was on-point, the character development all around was great to see, and the villains in this story were much, MUCH more competent and clever than they've been in quite possib
jenny
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
like all the other books in this series, it was an easy read, but this time i found myself enjoying the story a bit more, but rated it 4/5 stars because it ended in a bit of a cliffhanger. i do have to say, the interview between author and character was a bit weird, but something new and makes me intrigued to read book 5 and see what happened. would recommend to middle schoolers who want to get into reading.
valdimir tod 14 78 Apr 26, 2013 08:04AM
. 3 53 Sep 22, 2009 05:35AM
  • Dead Is Just A Rumor (Dead Is, #4)
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #2)
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Night Road
  • The Hollows (Hollowland Graphic Novel)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
  • Suck It Up (Suck It Up, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
  • Sons of Destiny (Cirque Du Freak, #12)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #3
Heather Brewer is the pseudonym of Zac Brewer…but you can call him Z.

Zac is the NYT bestselling author of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series, as well as The Slayer Chronicles series, Soulbound, The Cemetery Boys, The Blood Between Us, and more short stories than he can recall.

He grew up on a diet of Twilight Zone and books by Stephen King. He chased them down with every drop of horror he could
More about Heather Brewer

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod (5 books)
  • Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1)
  • Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #2)
  • Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3)
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Oh my glob!” 43 likes
“...Your angry and jealous and in the mood to do some forceful dentistry” 37 likes