Start by marking “Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)” as Want to Read:
Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)

Never Trust a Rogue

(Heiress in London #2)

Published August 31st 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Never Trust a Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Trust a Rogue

Start your review of Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)
Colleen
Sep 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
I'm not sure how clear this review will be since all my thoughts are scrambled together. This book was such a disappointment to me. I really enjoyed the first book in this series - Seducing the Heiress - so when this one finally came out I didn't hesitate to buy it - BIG, BIG MISTAKE!!!

The heroine of this one (Lyndsey) is the sister to the heroine of the first book (Portia). Lyndsey's mother is trying to get her married off to a duke - as she tried (unsuccessfully) with her sister in book one.
Katie(babs)
Aug 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
DNF. When the spinster like heroine goes on the search for a serial killer strangling maids, that's when I gave up.
Janet Robel
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just ok for me. While I liked the mystery aspect, the heroine and hero didn't quite make the story stand out.
Kristen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story was quick and sweet. There was a little bit of repetitiveness in the dialogue, but the mystery aspect of the novel kept the sugary sweet romance at a nice balance.
Sara G
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was a mess. It was funny, but it's absolutely a mess. The heroine is probably one of the most unbelievable, unsympathetic characters I've read about in a long time. She's a young Regency era debutante and heiress, and she's convinced herself that she'll be able to never marry and open her own detective agency. She does lots of TSTL stuff like sneaking into an earl's house dressed as a maid to spy on him. I really didn't like the hero, either. We are left with lots of loose ends ...more
Cynthia
Jan 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
I stopped at page 116; before the beginning of chapter 11 -- I really did give it a fighting chance.

I didn't feel a connection between Thane or Lindsey. The main characters going their merry way trying to solve a murder mystery. Just a snoopy girl with too much time and money on her hands. And how does a 18/20 year old girl during that time period sneak out of the house, by herself, and pretend to be a maidservant to an earl? That didn't fly with me. And then get back home unnoticed?

*yawn*
Zaxs Yacs
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

The wealthiest heiress of the season, Miss Lindsey Crompton finds detective work far more fascinating than social engagements--at least until she meets Thane Parker, the Earl of Mansfield. Thane is a paradox: a war hero and a cad, a wicked scoundrel and an indulgent guardian of his young ward. When Lindsey sneaks into his house to investigate his role in a series of murders, he blackmails her into a betrothal.

Thane has a secret life he keeps hidden from everyone, especially the infernally

Julie Martinez
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this story I had no idea who the killer was lol
Megan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book I've taken ut upon myself to buy more books from Olivia drake!
Book Review Diva
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Olivia Drake writes a charming love story full lots of gossip and maid servants being murdered. Never Trust a Rogue will have you turning the pages with eagerness wandering who the serial killer is. This book will also have you smiling and laughing with its well written humor.

Lindsey Crompton is not your normal society lady. She hates attending social engagements, shopping, and gossip. All she really wants out of life is to own her own private investigation company, and not be tied down to a
Historical Romance Books

Kyle Moore
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, the love interest wasn't really a rogue, but someone that wanted to solve a mystery. The main character wanted to be a spy, and yet she was quite bad at it. The thing about this story that I liked though, is that it was not as predictable as I had judged it to be. In the end, all I am saying is that the person you thought was the killer wasn't.

Some things that I also liked about the book was how good the characters were. They weren't the normal, and that was something that I really enjoyed.

I
Tania Joseph
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Parts of it were a little repetitive, but other than that, it kept me going till the very end.
Donna
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this one a lot. Thane and Lindsey were both very likeable characters. Both the romance and the suspense were enjoyable and believable. I only had a couple of negatives-Thane's family dyanamics really didn't ring true to me and the girls' mother is so distasteful that it takes away from my enjoyment of the book. I have read other books in which the mother is ambition to land a duke that didn't bother me as much as this one.
KyBunnies
When I started reading this book it sounded familiar. The more I read the more I knew how the book would end. This book may of been published recently, but I have read this book in the past. I enjoyed the book, but this publishing is not the first time it has been out. I gave it one star not because it was a bad book but because it has been published before just the names have changed.
Mandy Niesen
Oct 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved it! I had read the first and was dying for the second. Lindsey is so head strong and genes for herself that it is so refreshing to see someone match her. And Thane. Good Gawd. If that man were real. The divorce rate would be higher. His character is so tough but when he is with Lindsey or his ward, he would soften and become a big ole Teddy bear.
Owsw
Jan 11, 2016 added it
Though I like the story line and how it combines romance and mystery, I still don't understand the significance of the elicit and explicit scenes.
I believe the story can go on pretty well without the explicit expressions; it would've been better if those scenes were suggested and left to the reader's imagination!
Tasha
Feb 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: he-loves-me
One of my fellow goodreads friends had this on their list so I picked it up. Never read Drake before, like her. This was witty and fun and the characters were great. I love a women who is a little before her time and a man who admires her for it.
Tabetha Waite
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is, WOW! What a fun read. Lindsay was the perfect match to Thane as they worked to bring a serial killer to justice, while trying to fight their attraction to one another. Throw in a bit of spice and wit and it was a page turner for me!
Gemma
Aug 11, 2011 marked it as did-not-finish
Westerville
Apr 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: adults, romance
"Book 'N' of the A to Z Romance Challenge. It was cute. A light, fun read set in Regency England." -Jessica, Adult Services Librarian

Reserve a library copy!
Jess
Nicole
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Meh. Didn't much care for this one. H/H spent too much time apart. Heroine is dumb for jumping to conclusions about the hero.
Jean
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, romance
Lots of unnecessary repetition and cardboard characters.
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another good book to the trilogy. I love that the main male characters are complex and have more sides than are first seen.
Milena
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved the back and forth banter/bickering then the make out between Thane and Lindsey. Loved it!
TJ
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Actually more like two and a half. For a complete review check out http://www.affairedecoeur.com - September 2010 issue.
Deanna
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book, 2015
cute
Erin
Sep 30, 2010 rated it liked it
I didn't hate the book, but I didn't love it either. It ended very abruptly.
Shelly
Mar 31, 2011 rated it did not like it
No connect with the characters, had the murderer and motive figured out immediately.

• The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Shelley Sisters Book 1)
  • Double Dare (Neighbor from Hell, #6)
  • A Reckless Runaway (The Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • Christmas from Hell (Neighbor from Hell, #7)
  • All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue (The Debutante Files, #2)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)
  • A Wicked Kind of Husband (Longhope Abbey, #1)
  • Checkmate (Neighbor from Hell, #3)
  • If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)
  • If He's Wild (Wherlocke, #3)
  • The Game Plan (Neighbor from Hell, #5)
  • A Bright Idea (James Siblings #2)
  • Wallflower Gone Wild (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #2)
  • Governess Gone Rogue (Dear Lady Truelove, #3)
  • Sugar and Spice
Shortly after graduating from Michigan State University with a degree in journalism, Olivia Drake sold her first novel two weeks after sending it to a publisher. She now lives in Texas in a cozy cottage with two feisty cats and a photographer husband. Her two daughters have flown the nest, but still come back whenever they want a home-cooked meal!

Olivia Drake is the author of 35 romance novels.

Heiress in London (3 books)
  • Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)
  • Scandal of the Year (Heiress in London, #3)