Start by marking “Maximum Ride” as Want to Read:
Maximum Ride

Maximum Ride (Maximum Ride #6)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  51,882 Ratings  ·  2,575 Reviews
FANG WILL BE THE FIRST TO DIE.

For years, Max has been desperately on the run from evil forces trying to prevent her from her destiny to save the world -- but nothing has ever rocked her world like this horrifying prophetic message . Fang is Max's best friend, her soul mate, her partner in leading the flock of winged children. A life without Fang is unimaginable.

Max's despe

Nook, 0 pages
Published February 9th 2010 by Little, Brown & Company (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Ride, please sign up.

Red_Queen_Lover I have 2 more books and let me tell ya- the more books you read the better it gets

Madelyn
Jun 12, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If Fang dies, I'm going to make Patterson rewrite the book. I really will. Fang dying would screw up the series, and unless Angel gains the power to bring back the dead, Fang HAS TO STAY ALIVE! Fax is one of the BEST parts of this series! Particularly since the Erasers, and the School and all those people either don't exist or aren't interested in them anymore. The series was better when the Flock was running.

*later*

I have been reading reviews. And it is unanimous. (Or at least it should be.) FA
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who can spare a few million brain cells
Well … this is awkward. I've been putting off writing my review for this book all weekend. I guess I'm still absorbing it. I just don't even know where to begin. So, here comes one of Brigid's really long and angry reviews, and it might contain spoilers. Sorry, I don't put spoiler alerts on my reviews because it bothers me––I'm not sure why. Anyway, here goes.

If I could describe Maximum Ride in one word it would be "Why?" Why hasn't this series ended yet? Why do they keep getting published? Why
Emma
Feb 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fang_obsessor10910
OK im new heer so im jst gonna speek mi mind:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i swear i jst spent 20min crying over this! WAT?WAT.WAT!
FANG DIES!?!?!? tht seriously CANNOT HAPPEN! i meen, if it did id seriously throw the book across my room. go back and pick it up. throw it out my window. go outside pick it up. (im doing all of this while crying my eyes out btw) throw it i
Huong
Dec 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't kill me for writing this, after all, it’s the truth.

I did NOT like this book at all. To tell the truth, starting from the fourth book, everything plummeted from O.K to BAD. The first three books were okay, they're not great, but tolerable. But the fourth book till this book was HORRIBLE!

Why?
Because James Patterson, the oh so famous author, put way too many variables in the series. I mean, from global warming, to evil Itex corporation, to endanger species, and now to evil scientist that's
Victoria Loves Books
Porsche
Jan 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Hey fellow Maximum Ride Fans!
Just thought you should know that if you look on jamespatterson.com not only can you read everything it's about but you can preview the first 6 chapters!!!!
And I'm totally with a bunch of these people on the throwing of the book if Fang dies!!!!! I mean, he and max just officially got together and if he kills him off what's Max gonna do!!!!
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE WHOLE THING ON jamespatterson.com THEN DON'T READ ON!!!!

So as I'm sure you know this new bird kid,Dy
Andrew
Apr 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG THE LETTER WAS SOOO SAD!!!

Dear Max,
You looked so beautiful today. I am going to remember what you looked like forever. And i hope you remember me the same way. Clean,haha. Im glad our last time together was happy, but im leaving tonight. Leaving the flock, and this time its for good. I dont know if il see any of you again. And the thing is Max, everyone is just a little bit right, and added up all together it makes this one big right. Dylans a little bit right about how my being here might b
♥ Becky  22
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013

Faaaang! Noooo! Whyyyyyyyyyyy!

That. Letter. OMG.

"ARE YOU FANGALICIOUS?
- I could never be as fangalicious as you'd want me to be."

(hahaha)

This was actually much better than the last two books. (#4, #5)

Might write a review someday. ;)
Ashley
May 18, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah
May 09, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Alright, about this book...
There's no specific word to describe it, really. I thought it to be a HUGE letdown and, quite frankly, a waste of my time. I thoroughly enjoyed the first three books of the Maximum Ride Series, but, with The Final Warning and the books following, it has continued to go farther and farther downhill. Breaking it down into element:

Negative Elements:

The Plot - I thought it was hastily strewn together and lacking substance. It was just bad, and the romance didn't help it at
Elyse
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tyo all with an open mind that like both action and a little romance
Recommended to Elyse by: everyone that knows me well
Bethany
Although the series has gone down hill I am still looking forward to his new book. Fang is my favourite character and I've stuck with the series this far I might as well try and finish it. Though, I wish he would go somewhere with them because this series doesn't seem to be concluding.

Finally read this book! I'm 20 but I feel the need to finish all series that I start so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
It's a cute tale, again filled with "Scientists are bad bad people" and "don't mes
Kaede
So Fang goes bye-bye.

Well guess what?

There goes my interest in the next book too.
Raegan
Oct 07, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jan 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know I will like this book. Even if there's a mass extinction of all things mutant.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going on vacation on March 14 and this book comes out on the 15. NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't get why everyone thinks Fang will die. Haven't you noticed that the little subheading thingies on the series always come out opposite??
Besides, everyone has to die someday. Even book characters. Unless they're immortal book characters. And I would throw
Sofi
Mar 18, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fax fangirls who don't particularlly care about plot
ReadingRoxy
Okay so I really like the Maximum Ride books but lately I have been wanting to burn all of the books!!! Why you may ask???

WARNING SPOILERS:

Okay so
1) Angel is evil then she's not then she is? WHAT?!
2) Dylan shows up and....I don't even want to get into that mess
3) The flock kicks Max out?!? Because she loves Fang or something.....

UGH just UGH this book was awful I don't know what going on with James P but its like he's trying to make the book more interesting and in the proses of that he forget
Mar 16, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fang fan girls, they'll just eat this one up
I don't know if his books are just getting worse, or if I'm just getting picky. Though thankfully he's not preaching about the enviroment in this one. Basically this book just contains a lot of swooning and the stereotypical dumb evil scientist. Patterson really needs to get new bad guys, all his evil scientists are practically the same person. Though I have to say, I love his use of WTH? :)
Carolyn Bush
Feb 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible in every sense of the word. I honestly wish there was a rating lower than one star. I'd criticize the plot, but i had trouble actually finding one . Heres an abridged version-Pointless love triangle's, pointless characters, nonexistent plot, nonthreatening villains, a weird song sung by the incredibly dull new character Dylan, horribly written, and honestly insulting to anyone who's a fan of the previous books. Maximum Ride has never been about the romance, yet now its completely overta ...more
Lauren
Mar 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nico
i agree with most of the other comments, out of the whole flock i only like fang and iggy. The other books were very confusing and off topic. like i dont even know what happened to that ape and organs in a jar guy, that was just really random. I hope this book makes more sense than the others. But what i was really confused about was mr. ching or whatever his name is? the villains are VERY messed up in this series. i dont even know why i still read this series, but the name of this book says eno ...more
Mounica
Dec 18, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First thought after finishing book: Sucked bad
Second thought: Are you kidding?
Third thought: Really.
Fourth thought: Big mistake.

James Patterson is getting lazier. He’s stretched this series too long, the characters are so unstable, the plot’s all over the place, there’s no story, no humor, the same-old villains, and more mushy romance than ever, and Fax fans are going to gush over this, but count me out.
Nani
I love the entire series and I have every book up to #5. I can't wait for this one to come out. My biggest disappointment in this book would be if they actually let Fang die, cause if they do that I might die. He and Max just started to grow in their relationship, I'm anxious to see what they have in stored for us.
Bex
May 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Fang (Maxium Ride #6) I loved this book, best in the series so far.

Max and her flock are flying to Africa, where her mother's environmental group, Coalition to Stop the Madness (CSM), is hosting a refugee camp to provide food and medical assistance to the needy. The flock is going to hang out and help where they can. They'll be staying in a rustic tent and eating unappetizing things like millet balls. But they've survived much worse, and helping out at the refugee camp goes right in line with th
e.c.h.a
Tipikal cerita yang dipanjang-panjangin hehehehe Nggak ada yang spesial, yang ada malah bikin bingung hahahaha. Nggak tahu mau ngomong apa? Nggak tahu harus komen apa? Kayanya cukup baca Epilognya aja dah...bab-bab sebelumnya ya gitu dah hehehehe

Epilog yang sukses buat gue jadi mengharu biru kala membacanya. Sedih di kala bahagia.

Someday we might have only a few seconds to figure out the meaning of life

***

Total: 2

In Dept

Best Part:
It ended.
Worst Part: I can't even.
Thoughts Had: Please stop writing. I will pay you to STOP!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
...
Recommending: no

Short Review: SPOILER ALERT!!! Thank
mari
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really Patterson? You're gonna end a book like that? In that way? Do you enjoy laughing evilly when you make all your readers cry over that DAMN LETTER?!?

Omg, I need a minute.

Ok, back to some professionalism. This was probably my favourite so far out of the series. Yes, there is still that fast paced adventure that we all dearly love in this series, but it was nice to see a little slower sort of adventure in this book. I suddenly loved the conflict that was presented in this book, loved the wa
An Odd1
Mar 10, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
* "Fang" is the dark, handsome love interest for pretty Max, leader of six winged children, in an ongoing series. James Patterson starts with obligatory points. Charitable cause is contributing medicine and food to African poor. Mad scientist villain injects humans for improvements, ignores deformed and dead collateral damage, and fights mindless flunkies. I do not like the repetition common to other books, or the destructive ending.

Six-months out but fully-grown adult Dylan is designed to be M
hayden
Sep 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. WAY a step up from MAX, which was book five.
One thing I don't get is: OMFG, Max, kick Angel out already! She's killing y'all.
Which, I'm guessing, is why book seven is called ANGEL. I'll be starting it soon.
Soon means now.
Addicted to YA: Dylan (Maximum Ride) 6 251 Nov 04, 2016 05:36PM
fang or dylan??? 68 170 Mar 26, 2016 02:02PM
Fang's letter 2 8 May 10, 2015 05:31PM
  • Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)
  • Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Seizure (Virals, #2)
  • Everwild (Skinjacker, #2)
  • Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three, #5)
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • The Seventh Daughter (Faerie Path, #3)
  • Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Sent (The Missing, #2)
  • Cross Your Heart, Connie Pickles
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • Fade (Wake, #2)
  • Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Maximum Ride (9 books)
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
  • School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)
  • Max (Maximum Ride, #5)
  • Angel (Maximum Ride, #7)
  • Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)
  • Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9)
“You're lying through your fangs," Iggy accused.
Fang tried to play innocent--but "innocent Fang" is an oxymoron, so it didn't work.”
327 likes
“Fang! Come Back!" I started pulling his hair. Shaking his head and shoulders. Hard. "Wake up! Snap out of it! You stupid jerk! I am going to kill you if you die on me!” 294 likes