Start by marking “Texas! Lucky (Texas! Tyler Family Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Texas! Lucky (Texas! Tyler Family Saga, #1)

Texas! Lucky

(Texas! Tyler Family Saga #1)

The first book in #1 New York Times bestselling author Sandra Brown’s beloved Texas! trilogy introduces readers to a close-knit family struggling to go on without its patriarch—and to a man in pursuit of an elusive woman who may hold his future in her hands.

Charismatic and easy on the eyes, Lucky Tyler is a born rebel. His romantic conquests have earned him his nickname,
Audio CD, Unabridged, 6 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by Random House Audio (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Texas! Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas! Lucky

Mo
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

His chest was hairy.
Some women didn't like hairy chests.

Not me!! I love a hairy chest.

I really wanted to read book 2 of this series and I really don't like to read out of order so decided to go with this one first. Its a good set up for book 2 and the story of Chase.

He sealed their mouths together again, employing the technique he'd begun developing with the preacher's daughter and over the years had mastered to an enviable expertise

Halfway through I was sort of rolling my eyes, thi
Amy | Foxy Blogs
BARELY THREE STARS

Their relationship started out with a fist fight but turned into something worth fighting for!

Lucky is the hottest bachelor in town. One of the rich locals has her sights set on him but he has no desires for her or marriage. While stopping by the bar on his way home he comes to the rescue of an out-of-towner, Devon, who is being hassled by some local jerks. Devon isn’t happy to have this local boy being all macho for her sake. Lucky doesn't see it as being macho but instead as
Suzanne
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My second book from this author, and I’m glad I stumbled across it at the library. It broke the drought of very average audio books, so I’m very happy about that. Not a taxing plot line, it was easy listening. I thought this author was more thriller romance, but it seems she’s definitely a romance writer as well.

Devon and Lucky made a full of chemistry couple, and it was nice to see Lucky (the bad boy) come good in the end.

This easy read actually has made me want to re-read Mean Streak, which m
Shelly
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Anita
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good romance and the best ones have either humor or a mystery/suspense. The best ones have both. This oldie has a mystery/suspense which is not surprise as Sandra Brown went on to become one of the very best romantic-suspense authors, ever.

Sometimes playing the "White Knight" can be life changing. When Lucky Tyler defended a stranger, a beautiful redhead, from the unwanted advances of a bully, he had no idea what would happen next. She wouldn't even thank him for risking his life for he
-y.a
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-brown
2.5 stars, rounded up to 3-stars cuz I sorta set up a low expectation for SB’s early 90 or 80’s books:/
Tyler family
Supporting cast

Lame
Devon is self-contradictory. Her reason for refusing to help Lucky is ridiculously LAME.
The storyline has no edge.
The characters are old-fashioned.

On the positive note, I started Sandra Brown books four months ago and Texas Lucky was already my 17th read. So far, I haven’t dnfed any of her books whether it is new or old:/
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
it had a good story........................but it dragged so much :-(
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
One of Sandra Brown's earlier books and reads more as a Harlequin style romance than the twisty heart stopping suspense of her later novels. Nevertheless an enjoyable read with a heart stopping cliff hanger to be resumed in Book Two Texas! Chase.
Chitra *CJ*
How did I ended up reading two tomcat hero books back to back is strange..but also my bad luck.

"Texas! Lucky" is the story of Lucky and "Dovey"
Basically Lucky rescues Dovey from a fight in a bar, and they end up having a one night stand.
When later he is accused of torching his property for insurance, he ends up going back to her for alibi..and she reluctantly agrees.
So my big issues with this book..
(view spoiler)
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Texas! Lucky was a hoot and a half! I loved Lucky's character, although he is quite the hound dog but in this case his hound dog ways might have just saved him from a prison sentence.

Devon Haines has just been delivered a blow that has her reeling and maybe not quite thinking clearly. It was because of the day that she had that she allowed a night of passion with Lucky. When morning came though she knew that it could never be again.

Even though the mystery woman he spent the night with disappea
Alissa
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SB is one of my favorite authors, and I decided to reread this series since I remember loving it back when it came out. I remember Texas! Sage! stood out as my favorite, but I wanted to read all 3 of them again anyway. There are definitely some things in the book that show the times and date it a bit, however, I still thought it was a fun read, though I can see why I loved it more back when I was in my teens and was really into the old-fashioned, arrogant caveman type. Haha! ;-)
Elaine
Jul 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, 1-star
DNF at 5%
I know, I know I didn't really give this book a chance. But it ticked me off so much right at the start I just can't finish it (at the moment). The heroine is pissed off at the hero because he saves her from sexual harrasment (or maybe even rape) because she could have dealt with it herself (newsflash: she couldn't). And later the hero barges into her motel room and acts all macho even when she says she doesn't want him there. And I really can't deal with TSTL heroines and jerk heroes r
Zeek
Re-read

(Texas! Lucky 3.5 out of 5)

My least favorite of Sandra Brown's Texas Trilogy. Still. Not a bad read. :P)

Lucky Tyler’s having a bad day. His family business is in the crapper and he doesn’t know what to do about it. The last thing he needs is a damsel in distress in need of rescuing but he can no more ignore the pretty- altho out of place- woman getting harassed by two local scuzzballs, than he would if his own sister were being hit on- so rescue her he does. Only it seems the little la
Robin
When Lucky Tyler helps a beautiful redhead out of a bad situation, he is upset when she disappears without a word of thanks. Eventually he finds her and talks his way into her hotel room and her bed. In the morning she is gone. Lucky needs to find her. Overnight, someone torched his family's business and he is the main suspect. The redhead is his alibi and he needs to find her fast. But when he does track her down, Devon Haines refuses to come forward and be interviewed. Now Lucky will have to u ...more
Jonel
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were times where this story was so emotional that it brought tears to my eyes. At other times I was laughing so hard my belly hurt. Brown had me caught up in this world in Texas, trying to figure out what really happened while at the same time hoping it will take a while so that the characters can work out their problems.

I love the way that Lucky was developed in this novel, and the story behind his nickname is absolutely priceless. He is the perfect roguish gentleman, the best of both wo
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 3/5
Favorite line - “If you loved people, you might hurt them, dissapoint them, anger them, but you never, ever, dishonored them.”
Favorite Character - Susan, what a mean little witch.

I purchased this book after noticing in my goodreads friends favorite pile. I have been craving a good book with a hot Texan so i figured this book would fit the bill. Lucky is certainly a hot Texan but he is also a bad, bad boy. I am normally super put off slutty men but Lucky's attitude toward
Marielle
This put a smile on my face, which was exactly what I needed.
Is it a profound story? No. Is it old school? Yes, but not to the point of it being rapey.
Does it have faults? Yes. One of them, in my opinion, is the unnecesary setup for Chase's story through Chase's POV.

But, to me it's a sweet, light romance which does deal with some issues with woman's rights that where relevant when the story was written.
LillaLovesBooks
This is my first Sandra Brown novel and I have to say that I enjoyed it. Although some people shelved this under romantic suspense, which was misleading. It had a little mystery, but it was pretty predictable, not what I would call suspense. The romance between Lucky and Devon was cute! It was a nice entertaining read, and I will be reading more from this author in the future!

Dee
A good read but nothing to sing and dance about! The suspense of who set the fire was laughable and couldn't believe Lucky and Devon was so stupid and they took so long to work it out.
Irma
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not impressed...
Pauline Destinugrainy
Lucky hampir saja kehilangan keberuntungannya. Setelah menghabiskan malam dengan seorang wanita yang mengaku bernama Dovey, dia dituduh membakar gudang milik keluarganya agar mendapatkan asuransi. Lucky harus mencari wanita itu sebagai alibi, dan terlebih lagi karena dia tidak bisa melupakan wanita itu. Sayangnya, saat Lucky berhasil menemukannya, dia menemukan fakta baru. Wanita itu telah menikah.

Dovey a.k.a Devon ternyata seorang jurnalis. Setelah memakan waktu seminggu lebih, akhirnya dirinya
Christina
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Two stars because it was a quick, easy read. But the story is really pretty dumb. Guy tries to save a girl from two neanderthals in a bar and ends up in a clusterfuck of trouble with his business. He cheats on one girl to persue the one he saved. And whatever happened to Susan Young. Was she mixed up with the two neanderthals?
Cam *tactile seeker*
I've just bought the entire trilogy for less than $4, shipping included! *jumps excitedly*
Judy Churchill
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has more going for it. It has a large and loving family. This first book of the Tyler family saga is about the younger son Lucky. He’s a womanizer and a hothead. He finds trouble every time. This isn’t overly complicated but a nicely told story.
Shawn
Tyler attracts two things. Trouble and women.

Devon is swearing off two things...Trouble and men.

So as one might imagine, when Fiery Devon and Steamy Tyler meet up they find that even reason and good sense can't keep them apart. Trying to keep themselves out of trouble in life and love, they both learn that resisting one another isn't in the cards, but surely their hot romance will only lead to more trouble.

A tall dark and handsome stranger with a cowboy hat and a cocky grin walks up to you and
Lisarenee
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucky Tyler wasn't looking for trouble, but that's just what he found. When two local men started harassing a woman from out of town at the local hook up bar, Lucky couldn't help but intervene. After all, it was the right thing to do. When his intervention didn't even land him a 'Thank you', he decided to follow the woman and demand one. Well, that's what he told himself he was following her for. The truth was he found her attractive. Using his good looks, charm, and a touch of guilt, he managed ...more
Jo-Anne
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Even though Lucky Tyler got his name because he was lucky with women, he was also taught that women were to be protected and respected no matter who there were or where they were. So when he saw a woman being harassed by two men in a local bar, he automatically stepped in to help her. She didn't appreciate his interference and didn't even thank him before leaving the bar. Lucky followed her out of town to get a "thank you" from her, or so he believed. Actually, he was attracted to her and used t ...more
Sofia
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on a Goodreads giveaway. It took me a while to pick it up and read it. I received it along with “Breakfast in bed” and “Send no flowers” and with two signed bookmarks and a signed photograph of the author.

First of all, I must begin with: this book shows a big improvement in the author writing when comparing with the other 2 books that were sent. The reading is easier and the characters well built. Maybe it helps that it has more length so the plot can grow slower and stronger.
It’
Vasso V.
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars :/
It's not that I didn't like it , or that there is something really annoying or bad with the book but.....
I found the stories that actually dragged the story .. boring ?
Spoilers below - Warning :
1. (view spoiler)
2. (view spoiler)
and while not b
Jackie P
Feb 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just pass on this early Sandra Brown book. I'm not even going to read the others in the series. I have read more current books by Ms. Brown and have loved them all, but I received this book in a giveaway and felt compelled to read and review it. Being written some 20-odd years ago, you can tell how her writing style has finessed to what it is today. Texas Lucky is unbelievable most of the time. I thought the female lead to be very ignorant for someone that was supposed to be quite intelligent an ...more
bras 2 25 Jul 15, 2018 02:47PM
  • The Silken Web
  • Words of Silk
  • Love's Encore
  • Innocent Fire (Bragg Saga, #1)
  • Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3)
  • Where There Is Evil

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy

Texas! Tyler Family Saga (3 books)
  • Texas! Chase (Texas! Tyler Family Saga, #2)
  • Texas! Sage (Texas! Tyler Family Saga, #3)
“If you loved people, you might hurt them, dissapoint them, anger them, but you never, ever, dishonored them.” 30 likes
“Lucky Tyler: "Yeah, you're here, looking more like the preacher's wife come calling than an overnight alibi. Who's gonna believe I tumbled you?" The devil in him was kicking up his heels, goading him to say things he knew damn well would rub her the wrong way. But he felt he was justified in being ornery. He didn't particularly like her attitude either.
Devon Haines:"What did you expect me to wear? A negligee?"
Lucky Tyler: "I----”