Start by marking “Ghost Beach (Classic Goosebumps, #15) (Goosebumps, #22)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Beach (Classic Goosebumps, #15) (Goosebumps, #22)

Ghost Beach (Classic Goosebumps, #15)

(Goosebumps #22)

Get Goosebumps with the startling repackage of a best-selling classic. No swimming. No surfing. No haunting.

Jerry can't wait to explore the dark, spooky old cave he found down by the beach. Then the other kids tell him a story. A story about a ghost who is three hundred years old. A ghost who comes out when the moon is full. A ghost . . . who lives deep inside the cave! Je
Published June 1st 2010 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published 1994)

Nadin Adel
I recall my mom reading me this story when I was a kid. So that meant I already knew the story ending beforehand. I have read the exact same copy that that mom read for me that turned up to be a vintage now with all its pages transformed into yellowish colour and cracked cover which adds to the story horror!

Anyhow, as the story is aimed to teens and kiddos it would be quite an adrenaline stimulatant, which, however, wasn't the case for me.

I enjoyed reading it on the beach and trying to picture t
✨The Reading
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#22 "No swimming. No surfing. No haunting."
Terri and Jerry are visiting their cousins for the summer. They live in a small beach town where there's not really a lot to do. But when some friends get together with Terri and Jerry and start telling them a ghost story involving a cave Jerry has to explore. Besides, ghosts are real...
Alex findingmontauk1
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
YES! This is the reason I loved this series when I was younger and am still enjoying them now. ALL the good twists and fun scares! 5 stars for Ghost Beach
Steph [They/Them] (Wickedjr Reads)
Creepy. Ending predictable. Still a solid Goosebumps story that I enjoyed.
Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I don't believe in ghosts, but I really enjoy ghost stories.

Jerry (12) and his sister Terri (11) are spending the summer in New England with their ancient cousins, Brad and Agatha. They meet three other children in the woods - Sam, Louisa and Nat. They tell the kids not to go into that cave on the hill! It is haunted. A 350-year-old ghost lives there.

Sometimes Jerry sees lights in the cave at night. He wants to explore it and find out what's really going on...
...

I love these types of stories. Un
Jack
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Today Jack is reviewing a book in the Goosebumps series called Ghost Beach. He seemed to really enjoy this book, and actually read it twice. That has to be high praise when you’re 6 and have next to zero attention span.

(Should I tell you that Jack is pooping while we conduct this interview? Sure, why not. It’s the only way he’ll sit still for a minute so I can ask him some questions. And I think the visual helps.)

me: So what did you think of this book?

Jack: It was pretty good, and it was cool, t
Hami
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goosebumps ghost beach #22 by R.L. Stine is about a brother and sister that visit their relatives and they get some friends that tell them the legend.This book reminds me of the time in California when we went to the beach and there was a old hermit that lived there, similar to the old man is this story. There were legends that also said he was crazy. Little did we know that there was a great white shark by the beach. The old hermit ended up saving us all from the shark.I think that the book was ...more
Rebecca McNutt
One the better books in this series, hands-down. Ghost Beach is a classic ghost story with many different plot twists and surprises. I'm a little too old for it nowadays but when I was a kid, I loved it.
Ken
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jerry and Terri are spending their summer vacation at their elderly distant cousins on the beachfront.
Jerry can't wait to explore the mysterious cave down by the beach, but the local kids say that it’s haunted.
Will Jerry and Terri discover the secrets of the cave?

A really creep entry in the series, spooky ghost stories are always fun!
One of my favourites!
David Santos
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 because I read it right after "A Night in Horrorland" which in my opinion, as the kids say was "epic" (I did say in my opinion) For some reason Jerry acted more like the little sister in the story to me. At times I would even forget he was a guy! Just seemed really wimpy, scared, refused to be brave etc. His little sister was really brave and smarter. I wish RL could have made Jerry a little more boyish. Maybe I haven't read many books in male first person or ...more
Veronica Ika
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Jerry and his sister, Terry, visit their relatives, Brad and Agatha, who live in a cottage near a beach and a cave. The cave often shows suspicious flicking lights from inside, and their trio friends claim that a ghost lives inside. The trip even ask them to help sealing the cave in order to trap the ghost inside forever. However, accidentally Jerry and Terry meet the old ghost. But the old ghost claims that the actual ghosts are their trio friends, and he has investigated the area for so long t ...more
Ashley Hoover
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Well hello there nostalgia.
Dawn
I read this along with my nephew. It was only ok. But if he likes, it that is all that matters.
Griffin Hansen
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I had this book figured out early on, and I did! It's a book for kids. But the extra twist at the end still got me!

SPOOOOOKY
Jessica
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Christine (KizzieReads)
I started to read this to my son but halfway through, he just was not liking it. I finished reading it and was a little mystified at the ending. Nic elittle twist.
Highness Atharva
I find this book very similar to the first book in the Goosebumps series "Welcome to the Dead House". The main theme is just the same and their are a few minor similarities. But the characters and the fast progressing story is what sticks the reader to the book. The beginning is great but the part from 40 to 60℅ is a bit dull but the story that follows is wah more better with a obvious conclusion. There are 5 kids in the book. Two living, three ghosts but are not revealed till the end. Its the h ...more
Nada madhat
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember when I read it ,I was proud of myself when I expected many actions of this novel including the end 😎😂,as it was the first time that I expected something right belonging to this writer 😏😌😂😂😂but I loved it 💛💛
Chance
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Say what you want about me, a 30 something reading Goosebumps. I think they're a fun little distraction, and I don't bore of them. RL Stine really has a knack for spooky little stories. This is one that I always wanted to read as a kid, but never did. Because of course as a kid, I was an even slower reader than I am now, and library books could only be kept so long. Oh well.
Elena Leyva
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That ending was interesting. Didn’t see that coming lol I love goosebumps books. I’m glad I participated in the goosebumps-a-long because I got to read some awesome stories.
Josiah
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The neverending labor of practically every Goosebumps book is the quick transition between cliffhangers at the close of each chapter. Very, very rarely do Goosebumps chapter breaks not feature an eerie portent of the terror to come, fakeout jump-scare, or shocking confrontation with the story's ultimate villain or one of his/her/its demented underlings. The turnaround between chapters is generally short, too, so these cliffhangers have to be measured out well even before the writing process begi ...more
Michael Hickey
Jay
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Ghost Beach" is probably one of the most consistent books in the Goosebumps story. While others rely on chapter ending cliffhangers that don't actually end up being scary, "Ghost Beach" actually enough scares throughout. And while most other Goosebumps books are pretty slow until the last few chapters, this one has a consistent pace that actually keeps you interested throughout.

The basic plot is a brother and sister go to visit their distant relatives. When they get there, the notice that all
Heather
I admit when I began this book, all I could think was "I loved this book as a kid!" My mom went to some obscure store all the way across town and bought it for me one day and I thought I was the bacon AND the hash browns. Does it hold up? Nope, but it is better written than some before it.

(view spoiler)
Donna
Another piece of awesome from RL Stine. Even for a middle grade book, he really doesn't pull any punches.

Sure there are some cheesy moments. Some kooky senses of humor being thrown about. A lot of spooky moments that turn out to be something not so spooky after all. But it all comes back around in the end, leaving everything hanging, including Jerry and his sister!

Stine's got the MG voice down pat. He doesn't dumb it down for the reader and he doesn't skimp on the spook. He targets an age that h
Adan Ramie
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story, even though I had read it before, delivered on the promise of its back cover copy.

cover of children's book Goosebumps Ghost Beach by R. L. Stine

Jerry and Terri are visiting their old, ancient cousins for the last month of the summer on a little island in New England. Besides being pretty deserted, this island has a unique feature – nearly everyone there has the same last name as Jerry and Terri, and have for hundreds of years. So when they meet three kids on the beach who share the s
Connie
Jerry and Terri Sadler have been invited to spend a month with some distance cousins in New England, jumping at this opportunity, they begin to explore their new surroundings. First, Terri drags them to an old cemetery, where they notice something weird...Everyone is called 'Sadler.' Freaked out by this, they move to the beach and find an old cave. Meeting three friends near here, they unravel the local legend about a ghost who lives in the cave and cleans the bones of animals and people. But wh ...more
ENRIQUE D
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ok-books
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
FINALLY finished this one I started with my son. We went through a phase of watching the show Goosebumps together on TV, and after we watched this episode, he turned to me and made my reader's heart proud by saying, "The ending of the book was better!"

The cliffhangers at each chapter got a bit annoying but I suppose for the age group it makes sense. The ending did have me chuckle - I admit through reading it I was expecting more of a scooby doo type ending (it wasn't.) Good clean type for young
Patrick
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
reading log # 13 2 11 Mar 30, 2012 06:05AM
reading log 12 2 9 Feb 23, 2012 04:46AM

• Go Eat Worms! (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #9)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Conspiracy (Animorphs, #31)
  • Le Portrait de Petite Cossette 1 (Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, #1)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Wind Chill  (The Red Rock Mysteries #14)
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)

R. L. Stine b

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)