Start by marking “griEVE” as Want to Read:
griEVE

griEVE

I pick up the lavender-scented mauve paper. It is from the stationery set I bought for her last Christmas. The scent still lingers. I inhale deeply, breathing in hope and joy, and pleasure that she has finally used my gift.
Then I open it and the sweet smell of flowers turns sour. I feel sick. I want to vomit. The paper trembles in my hands. Is this a joke? My mother loves
Published 2007 by Scholastic Australia

To ask other readers questions about griEVE, please sign up.
A Potato I haven't been able to find it either, according to my local bookshop it's going out of print 😔 try to find it in a library maybe, I found a copy in…moreI haven't been able to find it either, according to my local bookshop it's going out of print 😔 try to find it in a library maybe, I found a copy in my school library so ya =)(less)

Watermelon Daisy
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

There are no words to explain how this book made me feel.

Although this has a slow start, don't let it drive you away. When I first started, I was so confused with the plotline, I anticipated putting it down. Don't do it. This book is far too precious.

This isn't your typical novel. In fact, it starts off with a cliche: a perfect, loving family. Then the story dwells on the fact on what happens after it all breaks apart. This sets it apart from most other stories of the same genre.

I liked it so mu
Kasey
Sep 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
When Eve’s mother disappears, Eve’s dad and aunt tell her there’s no point talking about it. It’s best if we don’t, her dad tells her. Not to anybody. People don’t need to know the details. So, though Eve longs to visit her mother, she doesn’t. Instead, she tries to carry on as normal, cleaning and cooking for her dad, and going to school. She makes a new friend, Summer, who shows her how to do things she would never have done before. When her dad brings home his new girlfriend, Eve realises thi ...more
Nese
This novel is about 14 yr old girl that lives in the country in Australia.Her mother has left her & she is the only child of the family, she has no friends but later meets one.her dad & Eve (the protaginist) are living together, later..after that everything unwinds this book has everything you would want & except in a book ..this is a beautifully crafted novel,I didn't want it to end .I would recommend this book for 15+ ages
Katerina
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a teen. I recommend it strongly to any teenagers struggling emotionally ect.
Ash
Oct 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Freakogirl
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It makes me sad that this book in now out of print
Aimee
May 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was really disappointed with this book. I mean it was okay but it just seemed very cheesy and honestly I would have expected it to be on wattpad.
Ramisa R
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Have you ever read a book where the main character endures so many horrifying instances, you read with one eye open? This was my entire experience as I sat down and read, in merely two sittings, griEVE by Lizzie Wilcock.

I, by no means, ever expected the story to have a happy-go-lucky theme or even a satisfying ending, but the exception dark story I was presented with was completely unexpected. This is a story where the girl experiences bullying, shoplifts due to peer pressure, a lost mother, de
Sophie Norman
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mariel
GriEVE is just... woah.

After reading this book this thought came to my mind: I'm not sure whether this book is very popular, but I think it should!

At the start, I found this book a bit dark and depressing for my liking, (though, grieving books, in a way, should be written like that)but gradually I came to get really interested in what would happen next.

Summary
There's a lavender note. Then life continues. Eve knows that her mother is catatonic. Her dad is finding ways to cope with a sudden chang
Rebecca Jane
mx waters
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amazing book, really. HOWEVER...if anyone has ANY idea what the f*ck happened at the end, please tell me.
I swear, I'm not even sure if she was ALIVE at the end!! Nothing made sense at all.
Sure, it was dark, emotional and slightly confusing from the beginning but something happened at the end...well a lot of things happened and i understand 1 of them...the book ended
I think the scale of confusing went from "I don't know if he knows, but I think he knows" to "I am an angel, we are all angels, but
Irene (thefictionthief)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

This book fucked me up back in the day when I first read it so many years ago. I read this the first time in year 8 (so about 8 years ago now) and it just left such an impression on me, the way you couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. The self-harm and depression in this book also strongly effected me and where I was in that stage of my life. So when I found this book second-hand I was very drawn to it. It's disappointing re-reading it because I already knew the g
Emily
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book... Oh wow. I felt so many emotions when I read this book and I absolutely loved it. I teared up a few times and words fail me how outstanding it was. The things Eve feels are phenomenal and I have read this book 3 times because I didn't get things the first time around, but that was what made it so brilliant.

Plus the author is from my city so I guess that counts for something too :P
Jessica
May 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I first picked this book because I liked the cover. :P The first few chapters confused me, it kept skipping from present to past to dream, and I wasn't sure which was which. But towards the middle I got ahold of the story, and it was so hauntingly sad and it made me angry as well. It became gripping and a great story. >_<
Bonni
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Although it is a bit brutal at times, it seems very real and is fantastic for showing another way of life, especially during an emotional struggle. It's a great, sad and terrible read all at once. Highly recommended
Ifahh
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Megan Watts
Oct 31, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
I didn't like it at all I was expecting to be great but really it just left me feeling kinda desolate(Go the power of the written word and all but I like prefer being left with something more than that).
Lisa Mckenzie
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars! This book was absolutely amazing, it is so relatable. I couldn't help but feel compassion for Eve. It was as devastating as it was mysterious, thought provoking and real. I would recommend this as a must read!
Chantal
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Confronting, touching, brutal, tormented...a book that deals with the big teen issues, suicide, self-harm, mental illness, teen pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, dysfunctional families, youth crime, bullying.
Definitely for age 15+
Kayla
Sep 09, 2011 rated it liked it
was somewhat a confusing story to follow, especially in the beginning, always jumping back and fourth with no clear indicator when, although once the story gets going its a good read, i must admit, had to read it twice to fully understand!
Julie_ian_curtis
Meh.
Emily
Sep 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
One of my favorites. I can't remember how many times I have read it but I loved it.
Angel Rain
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING. cuts straight to the heart.
Keeley
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is stunningly written. I literally couldn't put it down.
One of the best Australian books written. I recommend this to any Young Adult reader.
 Soph - Lock&Key
Aug 23, 2010 marked it as could-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
hmmmmmmm I didnt finish this book, and I have no will power to pick it up again, which is sad considering I really wanted to like it. Sadly I cant stand characters that are mindless.
Jared
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Good book, lots of mystery. I feel a bit hanged on the ending, though. Aside from that, it was good.
Emmeline

• Beatle Meets Destiny
  • In Ecstasy
  • Hamlet
  • Ghost Ship
  • The Industry (The Industry, #1)
  • Kidnap in the Caribbean (Laura Marlin Mysteries, #2)
  • Taurus Eyes (Star Crossed, #2)
  • Red Sky in the Morning