Start by marking “Child of Joy (Satyr, #3)” as Want to Read:
Child of Joy (Satyr, #3)

Child of Joy (Satyr #3)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  154 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Graduating from college would be a highlight of any man's life, but Arthur Kraus is different. He's just reached satyr maturity, and he's going out of his mind as he's swamped with sexual urges. In a desperate moment, he invites his roommate to a Bacchanal and asks him to be his first. But after hearing the first-time stories at the Bacchanal, Arthur decides to wait for mo ...more
Published December 21st 2009 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Child of Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Child of Joy

Serena Yates
Dec 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
Wow! What a brilliant book. I loved all the Bacchus' Children novels and stories, but this one was special because it tied all of them together. It was great to read about all the characters from the previous books as they appeared as supporting characters in this final story. While I'm very sad that this is the last of the series, I think that Andrew managed to give us a satisfying conclusion.

One of the youngest satyrs from the previous stories, Arthur Kraus, is ready to graduate from college w
May
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Review 3.5 round it up 4 stars

It was with preconceived ideas that I read this and first up an admission, “there isn't much to learn from fantasy”.

This story is essentially about how love is capable of overcoming anything: our own inadequacies or our own fears or external attacks. It takes courage to stay and fight for what or who we love and want.

Andrew Grey has crafted a world of acceptance and a place where one’s own strengths can shine. All are gifted, yet not all gifts are the same.

This is a
David Edwards
Dec 11, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a book with great possibilities. It was based on a great idea: satyrs living among us, a kind of metaphor for the "fairy gathering" gay movement, a bucolic naturalism. The specific premise of this volume (the first of the series I have read) was the meeting with a Fey (i.e., fairy by another name), the last of his kind, a really good premise, since it invokes the interaction between two quite distinct supernatural entities - and thus creates the marvelous thing of strangeness beyond the ...more
Ter
May 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! Or in Gaelen's words - "Dancing daffodils!" I love this series and I like the way this one tied all the satyr's from the other books.
Even thou this was a nice ending to the series, I can't but hope maybe a holiday short story with the Fey children. I know we alway want more. lol!
That's just cause we love these books!!
Don Bradshaw
Jun 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The best of the series. The last living Fey is drawn to the ever growing farm by the love and peace of the mostly half-satyrs. He lives among the group but stays aloof until he meets Arthur. Authur has a special gift of love for animals and the Fey,Gaelen, must find a way to over come his fears and trust a love for Arthur or the Fey will disappear from the world.
Vanyel Kane
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very lovely and sweet. Don't read them all in one hit or you might get a little too much sugar. However the characters are fun for a read.
Vinga
Jul 26, 2011
Jamielee
Dec 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Father of Dragons (Ballot's Keep, #1)
  • I Love You, Asshole! (Green's Hill, #2)
  • Monte's Marines (Dark Court, #2)
  • By Chance Met (Chronicles of Ylandre, #3)
  • Dreaming of Fire
  • Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords, #3)
  • Ice Water in Hell (The City, #2)
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen #1)
  • Over the Edge (Kaldor Saga, #2)
  • Balancing Karma
  • My King's Seraglio
  • Hell Cop 2
  • A Rose Among the Ruins
  • Surrounded By Crimson (Sumeria's Sons, #4)
  • Heartsong (Fae, #2)
  • The Summer Gardener

m/m romance author
More about Andrew Grey...

Satyr (9 books)
  • Children of Bacchus (Satyr, #1)
  • Love in War (Satyr, #1.5)
  • Thursday's Child (Satyr, #2)
  • My First Bacchanal (Satyr, #4)
  • A Small Kindness (Satyr, #5)
  • Winter Love (Satyr, #6)
  • Spring Reassurance (Satyr, #6.5)
  • Sin of Omission (Satyr, #7)