Start by marking “Geno: In Pursuit of Perfection” as Want to Read:
Geno: In Pursuit of Perfection

Geno: In Pursuit of Perfection

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  136 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Controversial, confrontational, and driven, Coach Geno Auriemma is a force to be reckoned with-and the most accomplished male coach in women's basketball today. In his relentless quest for excellence at the University of Connecticut, he has led the Huskies to five national championships.Yet his soul never rests.For Auriemma, life affords only the briefest moments of happin ...more
Published December 14th 2008 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 3rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Geno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geno

Nefficus
I don't follow women's college basketball, so I don't benefit from any background knowledge of Geno...I wonder how my review might differ with that background. First, the good. The book seems to be a very honest account of Geno's life - particularly his coaching career. Geno doesn't seem to pull any punches - he gives you the good and the bad about his current and former players, other coaches, and basketball in general. He also seems to do the same in evaluating himself - although at times it f ...more
Madison
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since I was young I always watched the UConn women's basketball games with my family. Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, Tina Charles, Sue Bird, I loved them all. My current favorite player is Breanna Stewart, and that started even before her incredible run in the National Semifinals in April 2013. Now that the season is only a few days away, I decided to review my favorite book of all time.

Auriemma is an incredible coach. If they are down at halftime, he knows the thing to tell them so they come
Maggie
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Growing up 20 minutes away from the UConn campus in Storrs Connecticut I have seen Geno Auriemma more than once and have grown up idolizing his players. This book gives an inside look on the magic that is UConn Women's basketball and how Geno and the girls have achieved the level of success that they have. Athletes and basketball players should praise and practice the ideas that Geno presents in this book. In addition to the advice and secrets to success this book gives a story of Geno's ups and ...more
Faith
Jan 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating as a biography of a highly accomplished man and a close look into how he took UConn from a backwater to the second best program in women's basketball (based on number of national championships). I somewhat changed my opinion of Geno, which had been based on hearsay. I hope someday he'll write a book giving insights into the game itself, because mouth and swagger aside, he's a brilliant coach.
Ryan
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grew up watching the UConn Women's Basketball success, specifically Diana Taurasi. Reading about his mentality brought to life a guy who is repeatedly characterized as an emotionless guy.

His tough as nails attitude is indicative of a classical mindset, rather than a more progressive attitude. Nonetheless it illuminated his success in a personal, first hand account. He was able to offer his story uninterrupted, and it was fun to hear these stories.
Kathleen Perregaux
Book a bit all over the map, some bits repetitive. But, a great look at the methods and madness of one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time. He is exactly how he appears to be.
Jean Carlson
I wanted to see if I would like him any better after reading his book. Not the case!
Katie
May 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, sports
Nice to see in to a coaches mind.
Austin
Kevin Cline
Jul 25, 2015
Lanell
Oct 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book especially if you like basketball
Jana