Start by marking “The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

The Last Olympian

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  580,109 ratings  ·  20,406 reviews
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands v ...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Puffin (first published May 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Olympian, please sign up.
kxmkxm Well, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third…moreWell, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third person, not Percy jackson's point of view.(less)

·  580,109 ratings  ·  20,406 reviews

Sasha Alsberg
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow that was a great ending to this very fantastical series! I cannot wait to go into more detail in my series review which will be out probably next week. I'll be covering my opinions on all 5 books and then my overall opinion of the series. I am so happy I FINALLY read PJO! This was a "dam" good series (lol get it? "Dam")
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
wow wow wow still need to get all my thoughts together but wow wow wow full video review coming soon
Jayson
(A-) 84% | Very Good
Notes: A battlefront ballad to salvation in sacrifice, where willing oneself to weakness wins affinity, accession, and affection.
Cara
I'm a little sad actually because I didn't want to say goodbye to our hero, the one and only Percy Jackson.

From the beginning we can already see things are going to move quickly. Kronos has a lot of things up his sleeve and won't let Percy and the other demigods have a break. The book pretty much starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down from there. Annabeth and Percy's relationship is kind of strained and Rachel showing up isn't helping matters. I have to say all the books have a lot of act
may ❀

Hello, my name is PJO Trash™ nice to meet you.

description

I’ve been blessed to join this fandom due to the INCREDIBLE and significant amounts of fan art. It helps me survive.

The Last Olympian continues off from the previous book. Kronos’s army is gaining rapid strength and the Half-Bloods are having a hard enough time holding the crazy beast, Typhon. Kronos takes his chance and begins advancing on New York City, home to an unguarded Mouth Olympus.

Also, let’s not forget, Percy’s terrible prophecy is day
Tom
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: percy-jackson
I'll bet you 1,000,000 dollars that this is gonna be the best Percy Jackson book!
Mark Lawrence
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th Percy Jackson book I've read to my daughter Celyn. It's half-term and we've not had many carers (Celyn is very disabled and gets respite care) so we've had a chance to finish the book off.

As always Celyn has supplied the rating and left the review to me.

The concluding (well - we could go to book 4.5 & 5.5) volume of the Percy Jackson series continues in the same vein as the previous volumes, though with an added sense of danger and sadness as named/known campers are killed an
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
THE MINI REVIEW IS POSTED

So actually I have finished reading this book a week ago but I just have the time to write the review today ( okay, I'm lying, I was just being lazy hahaha 😂 )

I read this book while I was in reading slump and IT WAS THE WORST READING SLUMP I HAVE EVER BEEN IN. IT LAST FOR A FEW WEEKS. I swear those days when I was in reading slump, I felt hollow, empty and I didn't know what to do and I was frustrated a bit for not being able to read like I usually did and thank God,
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
My favorite of the series for sure! This is a great conclusion to the story, and definitely a book worth the build up of the rest of the series. It is so much fun to see how far our characters have come, and how big their fight really is. Absolutely fantastic. (upping my previous rating of four stars to five stars because I just enjoyed so many parts of this book!)
Bangadybangz
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, I loved this series so much! Totally rekindled my love for Greek mythology :)
Now I cannot WAIT to start the Heroes of Olympus series!!
Inge
Hey so I designed an adventure game which you should go play because I've put a lot of work into it. It's nothing serious, just for fun, but you can see how YOU would do in the Battle for Manhattan! Check it out here.

*deep sigh*

✨    jamieson   ✨
OKAY I FINISHED READING PJO FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED I mean this is soo many people's favourite series and I'd never read it but now I have ! I feel like a true reader !

Anyway, I got to see my mans Percy Jackson go from a scared 12 year old who wouldn't breathe in Ares direction for fear of pissing him off to a 16 year old boy who pretty much told all the gods to go fuck themselves because they're disrespectful trash and I'm living for it

“She looked at me, like she was drinking
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
_________

Before you all start throwing lightning bolts at me, please keep in mind that in my book, a 3 star review is still a positive one!

I just had a number of problems with this particular entry to the series that I couldn't overlook and plan to discuss in depth.

Don't get me wrong, The Last Olympian is definitely an entertaining spectacle from start to finish. The sense of action was on point, basically from page one until the very end.
may ➹
I was stupid to think that this book would cure me of my slump and not, instead, make me want to reread the Heroes of Olympus series someone please stop me
Valerie
I finished this with a smile. After finishing The Battle of the Labyrinth I had no doubt that I would love the last one. Why specifically I knew this, I have no idea. But I was right and I'm happy when I'm right.

I was surprised that most of the book is set in New York City but it actually makes sense since Mount Olympus is above the Empire State Building.

I liked this book so much for the same reasons that I liked the other books. It was so funny. The part with the peanut butter had me laughing
prag ♻
REASONS WHY PERCY JACKSON IS THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS (or a reading slump):

● It’s the perfect blend of puns and humour.
● Despite the overwhelming situations and terrifying plot, it never fails in what intended to deliver: a lighthearted read with loveable characters.
● ANNABETH FREAKING CHASE
There are satyrs, centaurs, demigods, root beer, deaths and pizzas.
● The chapter titles are the best things you’ve ever read (I Buy Some New Friends; I Sit On The Hot Seat; My Parents Go Commando)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Wow, I can't believe this series is over! I thought it was an amazing close to this part of Percy's adventure but I'm also SO HAPPY that I have another series to look forward to with these characters (and some new ones, I'm sure). ♥ RTC!

Buddy read with Sylwia!
Dylan Williams
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And that is how you finish a series!
Sophie Olson
So they're a couple now. Oh. Okay.
Yeah, of course I'm fine!!! Why wouldn't I be???!?!
Zoë
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW JUST WOW. Easily my favorite book in the series! It wrapped up this series perfectly and gave hints to what would happen in the Heroes of Olympus series! I'm definitely a little in love with Percy now and have a total girl crush on Annabeth and those last couple of pages killed me (in a good way). I'm so glad I finished this series and I can't wait to start the Heroes of Olympus next year!
Brigid ✩
Finished re-reading this––and yup, it's still amazing. It's been five years since I first read it, and that ending still makes me tear up. GAHHHHH. <3 I will write a longer review at some point.

I'll put my old review under a spoiler because it was very spoilery (and oh my gosh I was ... not the most eloquent back then, to put it lightly). :P

(view spoiler)
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
Another Complete 5 Golden Stars
another favourite book in this series.
(with the Titan's Curse & the Battle of the Labyrinth)

the Lightning Thief : ★★★★★: 4.5/5
the Sea of Monsters : ★★★★★: 4.75/5
the Titan's Curse: ★★★★★: 5/5
the Battle of Labyrinth: ★★★★★: 5/5
the Last Olympian: ★★★★★: 5/5

reading is dreaming with open eyes.
- Yoyo

I love how the images of the scenes revive in front of my eyes. I love that feeling of making them real like watching a movie. watching the act of bravery of Percy Jackso
Ashley Nuckles
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgot 90% of this book before my reread but that’s ok because we here now & it was a lovely conclusion :)
Eric Boot
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SHIT WHAT A FINALE PROBABLY MY FAVOURITE INSTALLMENT IN THE SERIES
Ahmed  Ejaz
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-lengths, 2017
I finished this book after five days I finished the previous book. Out of these five days, two days I didn't read at all as I spent them with family. One day I was very busy, couldn't get enough time to read. I started this book two days ago and this was soo much full of action! Literally, this book is almost full action! You wouldn't get the chance to put it down once you started it.

Olympus is threatened by Kronos' attack. Gods can't protect it as they are threatened by the most dangerous mons
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

I was satisfied by the ending of this series. It's one hell of a fight when Percy coping with his alliance has prepared for the fight destined to take place in The Last Olympian. The fight is incredibly turbulent and makes this book intruguing from the start. There are many things I've longed for since book one: drama, adrenaline-pumping scenes, and NICO !

Frankly, The Last Olympian is tremendously different from the others
Mario
After reading The Battle of the Labyrinth I thought it would be my favorite in the series. I can't say how wrong I was.

This was it. This was the best one in the series. It was just... epic. Perfect way to end it. Reading last few pages I had a huge lump in my throat. After finishing it, I just sat there, wishing to flip it to page one, and start again.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to read Heroes of Olympus soon.
Chloe
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Couldn't think of a better way to finish this series!
I took me almost a month to finish this, not because it was bad but because I am revising for exams.
The end of this book got me out my reading slump!
So sad that this series is over:(
Anne

Because this is going to be ONE OF THE LONGEST & GIFIEST RIDES EVER

This review absolutely needs it. I need it, for that moment when I decide to look back on this series.
But in case you have to go eat, or sleep or you just don't care for it, then you can click on this right here➡Go the Distance, and you'll be directed to a song which pretty much summarizes Percy's(and basically every hero's) journey. The song is for Hercules, but like I said it sings for all heroes! It's all about going the d
C.G. Drews
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
WELL. That was a satisfying conclusion! I admit, I put this one off because I didn't want it to all be over. But it was good. Despite being, like, a 360-page long battle (let me collapse in exhaustion). It's not my favourite PJ book, but I loved it and I adored the ending, although it was sad. PEOPLE DIED. One of my favourite characters died. I'm in a little pain here, 'scuse me.
description

BUT! So many awesome things went down! I especially swooned a bit of the entirely shippable Percabeth moments. They ar
Luke v.s Percy-Who deserves Annabeth? 60 357 May 03, 2019 04:50AM
how could luke ever be viewed as a hero?!?!?! what are you guys THINKING?!?!?!? 14 39 May 03, 2019 04:47AM
Silena Beauregard: Traitor or Heroine? 81 277 Apr 18, 2019 08:06PM
Luke Castellan: Is his redemption enough to earn him to Elysium? 23 105 Mar 14, 2019 06:29AM
Magnus Chase Discussion 4 19 Jan 08, 2019 08:40PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • Speak
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • The Problem Child
  • The Islands of the Blessed (Sea of Trolls, #3)
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • Starclimber (Matt Cruse, #3)
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant, #4)
  • Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)
  • The Reality Bug (Pendragon, #4)
  • School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
  • Pandora Gets Lazy (Mythic Misadventures #3)
  • Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, #7)
  • Enna Burning
  • Necropolis (The Gatekeepers, #4)
  • Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You, #4)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.” 11448 likes
“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” 2593 likes