Start by marking “Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ” as Want to Read:
Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ

Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Of all John Bunyan's writings, this book most fully expresses his delight and joy in the free and gracious welcome given to sinners by Jesus Christ. It is a thorough exposition of John 6:37: All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. Bunyan not only explains the meaning of the terms used in the text, but also labou ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Banner of Truth (first published 1678)

To ask other readers questions about Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ

Ryan Richetto
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
You should read this only after reading Bunyan's Grace Abounding. In Grace Abounding Bunyan struggled mightily with whether or not he was saved, and whether or not Christ truly accepted him. Come and Welcome is the fruit of that long struggle.
Jerrold Lewis
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The tremendous fame of The Pilgrim's Progress and Holy War place the lesser writings of John Bunyan (1628-1688) under a great shadow. If Bunyan had never taken up his pen to write either of them, Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ may very well have been his most precious and remembered work. Many a weary pilgrim has been taken from the Slough of Despond by its tender demonstration of the grace and love in Christ, and taken them from Doubting Castle into the Palace Beautiful by opening up and answ ...more
Alex
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
If anything is learned in the reading of this book, it's the beauty found in the promises of God, and the power of Him to make them come to pass. All those whom God has chosen to save will come to Christ, and none of those will He cast out.
Lance Kinzer
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
It is to the great credit of the puritans that they felt such a passion for plumbing the depths of every word of scripture. Here Bunyan, whose own life saw periods of crushing doubt, spends 225 pages exploring the great comfort to be found in a single verse - John 6:37. I found this book a great encouragement, especially in its treatment of the phrase, "I will in no wise cast out." Here Bunyan counsels those of tender conscience who would come to Jesus but for their sense of unworthiness: "What ...more
Melinda
Aug 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was written by John Bunyan, writer of "Pilgrim's Progress". Bunyan bases all of these wonderful sermons and lectures on John 3: 37 "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Have you sinned? Have you doubt? Have you been a backslider and continued in sin you despise? Bunyan addresses these and many more aspects of removing doubts that we have and approaches to difficulties of sinning and backsliding in the approach to Christ.
Mark A Powell
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bunyan's book is a thorough exposition of one verse, John 6:37, that unveils the absolute promise of God to forever save all whom are His through the person and work of Jesus Christ. Bunyan is a gifted writer, and one imagines his ability to communicate this text via sermon would be equally passionate. Come and Welcome, while perhaps not the grandest of Puritan works, remains a decidedly helpful tool in understanding God's election, salvation, and assurance.
Jeff M.
Dec 11, 2007 rated it really liked it
This book is an exposition of John 6:37. John Bunyan was a passionate writer, and in this book he pleads with sinners and backsliders (like me) to come to Christ, removing every obstacle in their way. For Bunyan there was no tension between Calvinism and the free offer of the gospel.
Justin Andrusk
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Another classic Bunyan work; concise, clear, and pragmatic. I love how Bunyan takes such a simple question(Coming to Christ) and draws such rich applications and conclusions to the subject. Really enjoyed it.
Bryan
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of all the John Bunyan books I have read so far. Every Christian should read this.
Marie Butson
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: theology
This book was helpful in saving some important tenets of the Christian faith that I’d let slip in recent months. Classic writing from a Reformed perspective.
Luke Evans
Jan 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Good, not great, book. For its intent, an exposition of John 6:37, very helpful. Not a lot of gold nuggets like most Puritan works. But, you can't go wrong reading these guys.
Holly
Aug 17, 2009 added it
Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ (Puritan Paperbacks) by John Bunyan (2004)
TC Williamson
Julie
Jun 20, 2012
Bensan
Sep 05, 2012
John Bunyan, a Christian writer and preacher, was born at Harrowden (one mile south-east of Bedford), in the Parish of Elstow, England. He wrote The Pilgrim's Progress, arguably the most famous published Christian allegory. In the Church of England he is remembered with a Lesser Festival on 30 August.
More about John Bunyan...