Start by marking “The Case Of Billy B” as Want to Read:
The Case Of Billy B

The Case Of Billy B

A young boy and his father encounter immense challenges as they struggle to find love and acceptance in an unforgiving world. Abandoned by his own mother, rejected by all but his loving father, Billy B is thrust into a silent hell alone, branded a freak and a misfit. Billy becomes the ultimate life spectator in a game of survival. Who can he count on to save him, when all ...more
Published January 26th 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Case Of Billy B, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case Of Billy B

Melanie
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Wow! An unforgettable book inspired by a true story that everyone should read at least once. I read this book in one day and I just couldn't put it down. I kept thinking about it days after I was done. It is sad to see what that boy, Billy, went through in his life (his mom left him when he was a baby, child abuse...). I recommend this to everyone. It's a must-read!
Bahir
Apr 07, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this in the First Reads giveaway and definitely can't wait to read it! Will post a review soon!
Debbie
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
Having read the description for this book on the First Reads giveaways section of Goodreads, I was very taken in by the mystery and intrigue surrounding the plot summary. This book wasn't really what I imagined it to be at all. I think there were a lot of un-necessary parts to this book, or things that I would have preferred to have been done differently.

I wanted to read this book as my Mum loves true story novels, autobiographies, and the like, and thought that she may enjoy reading this when I
Jo Wun
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Cindy Vine kindly made three of her books available for free, as eBooks, in a promotion at Smashwords back in May, and being a lover of ‘free’ I couldn’t resist the opportunity, especially as I do most of my book reading using my smartphone these days. It took a while for me to get around to reading them (hey! I’m busy you know!) but I wasn’t disappointed when I did.

I read them in the ‘wrong’ order. That is, not in the order they were published, but each is a self-contained story, about differen
Courtney Rene
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
It's very hard for me to say I didn't like a book, but that is how I felt about this one. The dialogue and discussions made from the view point of the child were way to "old". Whether you are abused or not, at 1 year old you dont sound 60 and you dont cuss and you dont wonder if God loves you. The steriotypical garbage in this story really set me off. For instance: Military White Men being stupid and only out for sex; over religious foster parents harping on God; hippies; big busted women being ...more
Jody
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I always like books that are narrated or told from the child's perspective. I loved the way the story started but poor Billy.... The abuse he endures is mind blowing. Made me mad at the father. Only thing that I didn't like as much was that the PTS Army thing almost seemed thrown in there. It didn't seem ad prevalent in the beginning.
Cathy Holbert
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book, couldn't put it down, such an ending!

Awesome book, I would recommend it highly, I could not put it down. I would read it again, very interesting.

Spideygirl

• House Calls
  • One Foot In Heaven
  • I Think I'm OK
  • Telling Teddy
Cindy Vine is an author, mother of three kids, with lots of life experiences she uses as an inspiration source to write her books about. She is a teacher and uses her teaching qualifications to travel around the world teaching.