Start by marking “Presidential Witness: A Novel About What Might Have Happened” as Want to Read:
Presidential Witness: A Novel About What Might Have Happened

Presidential Witness: A Novel About What Might Have Happened

4.83  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Joel Seaton's breakout novel has it all. Mix the JFK assassination, a Watergate-like break-in, and clandestine foreign espionage. Then stir in a little McGyver and you have Joel Seaton's heart thumping novel, Presidential Witness. . . . [from back cover].
Paperback, First, 366 pages
Published 2009 by Durban House Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Presidential Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Presidential Witness

Fred Forbes
Mar 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mystery fans
Recommended to Fred by: the author
Since my father worked for JFK in the West Virginia and New Hampshire primaries, the general election, then later as a government exec, I have an interest in the period and books about JFK.

I have read and heard about several of the conspiracy issues raised in this book - possible mob connections, Castro links, Vietnam hawks, etc. but this book manages to raise some new ones (at least for me) - particularly in the finance and economic arena.

I had the pleasure of meeting Joel and wanting to encour
Patti Riposta
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. I found myself caring about the characters and was anxious to find out what happened next. The book is action packed and suspenseful. I couldn't put it down! The historical facts and references are right on and author certainly presents some new twists on the familiar question "Who really killed JFK?" You won't be disappointed with "Presidential Witness".
Tom Mueller
Feb 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jfk, political
Hear Seaton discuss Presidential Witness at the Lakes Region Library on Monday, March 22, 5:30 - 7:30.
Over ten years research went into this engaging work.
Signed copies of his break-out novel will be available; don't miss it!
Lynn Kleck
Jun 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great Book! Tough to put down once you start reading it.
Cathy
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
That I can't wait for book 2!
Joanne Barlow
Nov 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to anyone who recalls the Kennedy assassination. Descriptive writing, smooth summary. Not at all dry, as some historical fiction can be. Warm relationships well written. Intrigued by the artworks theft which is briefly brought into the story prompting more interest in this topic. Well done, and would buy another book by this author.

Erik Knudsen
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Joel told me this book was coming out a couple of years ago, and that he had been working on it for quite a while. I bugged him every time I saw him to let me know when it was available. It was well worth the wait to me. We will probably never know what really happened to JFK, but this book definitely opens up some more possibilities. It was hard to put down.
Andy Mason
Aug 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
If you were alive when Kennedy was killed and the Warren Commission made their report, you remember all of the speculation. Joel Seaton uses his story line to connect the dots using historical evidence and helps flesh out the motives behind the shooting. A great read.
Phillip E
Sep 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Entirely plausible. Makes you rethink about what really happened. Having lived through that event, I can really relate to factors as presented.
Jerry Glover
Sep 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I learned why i enjoyed reading so much. Haven't read a book this good in many many years.
Sol Anker
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great reading!! Historical fiction Characters well drawn, great story line and suspence!
Debi Slone
Cynthia
Mar 30, 2011
Joel Seaton
Apr 01, 2013
Joel Seaton, the son of an Army Colonel, lived in Europe and the Middle East most of his childhood life. He played baseball until serving with the Army in Vietnam. After completing his tour of duty, Joel returned to the States and graduated from the University of South Florida. Today, he owns an insurance agency and is a financial advisor. Joel divides his time between Florida and North Carolina.
More about Joel Seaton...