Start by marking “Unelmien voima (Unelmatrilogia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unelmien voima (Unelmatrilogia, #2)

Unelmien voima

(Dream Trilogy #2)

Kate Powell on Templetonien hotellisukuun adoptoitu orposerkku, josta on kasvanut kontrollifriikki uraohjus. Hänen elämänmittainen unelmansa on ollut päästä yhtiönsä osakkaaksi ja tehdä adoptioperheensä tyytyväiseksi. Sitten Kate saa harteilleen synkän perhesalaisuuden taakan, ja kaiken lisäksi häntä syytetään kavalluksesta. Yleensä niin vahva Kate vetäytyy kuoreensa eikä ...more
Published July 2009 by Gummerus (first published August 29th 1996)

Cyndi
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Nora at her best!! But, then when isn't she?
This is the second book in the trilogy and our over all story line is moving along wonderfully! I'm so thankful I didn't have to wait months between books.
Kate has discovered a secret about her father that hits her at a low time in her life. It hits her physically, emotionally and professionally. But, luckily she meets Byron. He is *romantic sigh* so nice.
This is a wonderful book! But, of course, It's Nora. 😊❤
Maureen
Mar 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I somehow have misplaced this one - I know that I own books one and three of this trilogy, but couldn't find this one. So I was super excited to get a copy of this from Flannery when I was visiting this week. (thanks Flan!)

Like most Nora books, this one has a great family - these people are all so real, and so likeable. Kate is a super ambitious accountant, with all the stress and anxiety of a person who keeps all her emotions locked up. Byron, despite his unfortunate name, is a perfect foil fo
Susana

Kate and Byron continue to be one of my all time fave Nora Roberts's couples: they're so fluffy in their bickering. ;)
Aly
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Orphan at a young age, Kate Powell was raised by her aunt and uncle, Susan and Thomas Templeton, the heads behind the Templeton hotel chain. They treated her like their own daughter and she never lacked for anything, but it left her with the feelings that she owe them everything and must always be the best.

When the hardworking and pragmatic accountant suddenly find herself accused of commiting fraud by her employers, she find solace at Templeton House and Pretense, the retail store she co-own w
Juliana Philippa
Just reread this book and oh, what a delight! Byron, Byron, Byron. Basically all of the below still applies; don't remember if I noted the humor last time as much as this, because some of the exchanges, especially that Kate has at the end when she's freaking out—so hysterical!! And is always a nice change when it's the hero who is in for the long haul and upfront about his feelings, as opposed to being a commitment-phobe; haven't read Roberts in a while, but if I remember correctly, that is more ...more
Daniela
Apr 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No me gustó para nada este libro. Me costó mucho terminarlo, lo terminé por mi obstinación d no dejar libros empezados. Una trama sin demasiado argumento, rebuscada, personajes poco interesantes. Da la sensación que se escribió para completar la trilogía como de lugar sin importar la calidad. Lo lamento porque me gusta mucho Nora Roberts, pero este libro no me gustó.
Paraphrodite
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2017
3 stars.

This was enjoyable, but I did find Kate, who was supposed to be logical and practical, a bit too neurotic. Except for the "Southern" upbringing, I thought Byron was almost a carbon copy of Josh from the previous book.

Looking forward to Laura's book, I can't remember what happened, so it's going to be a surprise!
Mistery
Kate Powell é a personagem com que mais de identifiquei até agora. O seu romance com Byron DeWitt é extremamente improvável e, ao mesmo tempo, são dos casais com mais química que encontrei na literatura. Adoro!
Lydia
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I'm in love with you. Deal with it." – Byron De Witt

Now THIS is so much better! Unlike Margo's story, Kate's was such a fresh breath of air!

In the second book of the Dream Trilogy, Kate Powell, Laura's cousin and the practical one of the trio, is having some health issues. Issues that she repeatedly ignores and makes worse. But her health isn't the only thing going downhill in her life currently. After finding out that her father stole from his company when he was alive, she takes an even bigge
Alex is The Romance Fox
Holding the Dream, the 2nd book in Nora Roberts Dream series continues with the story of Kate Powell, cousin and adopted daughter of the Templeton family.

Kate is smart, focused, totally goal-orientated and practical and nothing like the beautiful and glamorous Margo, who we met in Daring to Dream, now happily married to Josh and expecting their baby and not a dreamer like the sweet Laura, who finally divorced her cheating and thief of a husband and struggling with bringing up her two beautiful d
Elena
Overall - an ok book... However, I liked it much, much less than the first one. Even though Margo (heroine from the first book) was selfish and annoying at times - I liked her much more than Kate. Kate seemed like a TSTL (too-stupid-to-live) heroine, that kept "cutting off her nose to spite her face". She constantly made bad choices and said stupid things, while trying to prove herself! All she ended up proving was that she was neurotic, self-centered, and undeserving of an amazing guy such as B ...more
Makenzie
I really loved this book. Perhaps it's because, at times, I could see a part of myself in Kate, The tomboyish, practical, sarcastic member of the trio. I made a similar decision in my own career, and I absolutely love the dynamic between Kate and Byron. Me, personally, I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the investigation. It seemed to wrap up a bit too quickly for me, but overall, I liked the book a lot. I really hope there's a decent amount of Kate and Byron in the third book. I want ...more
Joana
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quando um livro te interessa e tens mais algum tempinho disponível, acabasse num instante.
E assim termino uma trilogia oferecida por uma amiga.
Neste livro, retrata a história de Kate - a inteligente, pouco dada a modas e magricela do grupo. Para ela, só os números importam na vida, bem como a sua carreira até que o mundo dá voltas e voltas, e a vida dela muda radicalmente. Entre a razão e a emoção, Kate vai percebendo a sua mudança aceitando-se tal como é, bem como ao amor.
Sandra Sales
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
É a segunda vez que leio este livro, e continuo apaixonada pela história da Kate.
Suzanne
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first!! Love Kate!
Cata
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, emprestados
Kate Powell tinha tudo planeado. Ser a melhor aluna do secundário. Ir para Harvard tirar a licenciatura de contabilidade. Entrar na Bittle&Associates. Começar por baixo e subir na carreira até ser sócia da empresa.
E trabalhou para isso. Trabalhou muito e estava quase a consegui-lo... até uma revelação do seu passado destruir as bases do seu mundo e até ter sido acusada injustamente de peculato.
E nesse momento, Kate vê o seu mundo ruir sem conseguir reagir.

Sentindo-se culpada e envergonhada,
Laura V.
Le tenía poca simpatía a esta serie, empecé por el tercero, la historia de Laura, y no me gustaron nada el trío de amigas. Pero este es de los pocos libros que no he leído de Roberts entre los que había en la biblioteca, así que me lo llevé.

Me gustó. No me voló la cabeza porque:

1) El "misterio" es lo más obvio que he leído.
2) La pareja tenía buena química, pero poco sabemos de Byron,
3) Kate terminó involucionando.

Me pareció sentir que Kate crecía como personaje, que iba a soltándose un poco má
Jimmyjane
Jan 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cotton-candy
I love the Templeton girls. They're not sisters by blood, they don't share the same last name, but they grew up together, they run a store together and they're the best of friends, and now they feel like friends of mine.

This is the second book in the Trilogy, Kate's story, and I think I like it best so far. I haven't read Laura's story, the final one, but Byron De Witt from this book is the frontrunner for being my favorite guy of the series- the man, with the lavish descriptions of his physique
Thenia
The story of Kate, the practical, down to earth third of the trio, and Byron de Witt, a southern gentleman with whom she shares a strong attraction.

Kate behaves too much like an idiot for a supposedly smart woman, insisting that she can handle all her problems on her own, pushing the people who love and want to help her away and wallowing in self pity among other things.

Byron is a bit manipulative, used to solving problems and handling people, and that pushes Kate's buttons since she insists tha
Grace
3.5 stars again.

I liked this a lot, but at the same time I wanted to like the romance more than I did. I don't know why I didn't. I am having a weird week on pretty much every level.

Some comments:
-Southern boy named Byron would have made even more sense if he were Byron something something the third.
-Of course his dogs' names are Nip and Tuck. My brother used to name all of his stuffed animals after medicine. The original was Motrin. My other favorite was Zithromax. (He was not yet five years ol
Aline
Jul 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Orphaned at the age of eight, Kate Powell was raised by the Templetons, and has vowed never to disappoint them. She's sharp, smart, a gamine woman with a head for figures.

But her world is turned upside down when a secret from her late father's past comes to light and then she's accused of embezzling from the accounting firm she works for. To top it off, she's got Byron DeWitt, a new executive working for Templeton, breathing down her neck.

Determined to ignore her problems, Kate throws herself in
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Maria
Aug 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The second book in the trilogy of the Tempelton Sisters. I think it was better than the first book. I liked the characters much better. Kate was an accountant and not a model so she was more connected to real life and Byron managed hotels. You got a glimpse of the working day of both persons, and I enjoyed that. I also liked the mystery story about Kates father and embezzlement.

I wouldnt mind finding a gorgeous man that can cook and could be my personal trainer in his own gym. So I dont think I
Sara
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Nora Roberts, even though this book was published when I was in fourth grade, you can never fail to please. I did figure out the antagonist/villain right from the beginning, though, which doesn't usually happen with NR books (maybe she's just gotten better at writing intrigue in the last 15 years). The heroine was also a bit stubborn and argumentative for my taste, but Nora Roberts heroines do tend to run in that direction. And it's better by far than a heroine who's simply TSTL.
Raquel Bernardes
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: livros-fisicos
Depois de vermos ou melhor de lermos a história de Margo e que já está casada, segue-se agora a história de Kate. Kate é aquela prima séria e que sofre em silêncio devido a um segredo de família que acabou por descobrir, e entra em cena Bryon que acaba por lhe oferecer apoio emocional e fisíco, ui ui. Segundo volume da triologia do Sonho e que adorei!

Elise
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very easy read. Overall it has a good plotline.
As with the rest of the series I dislike the overall male dominance that occurs in this series as it seems to me the female lead often ends up following the male's wants. They put up a brief 'fight' but it appears more as lip service to make them appear to be strong characters rather than actual female strength.
Dey Bernadeth
Nov 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Was in love with the 3 girls at once.. so it didnt stop me finishing the Daring to Dream. I like Margo's style and spirit.... but oh dear I dont want to finish the Holding the Dream,,,,, Kate's character is without sense, making this book a trash, absolutely boringggggg, from my own point of view.
Jeanne
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt like one of the "sisters" as I read the second book in Nora Robert's trilogy. This is actually the second book in the series but it didn't detract from the plot by reading it out of order. I like how Nora Roberts developed the romantic side of the story amidst Kate's accusation of embezzlement that totally threw her for a loop.
Graylark
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It occurred to me when rereading it that Kate and Byron's interactions remind me a bit of Eve and Roarke (from the author's In Death series).
Carla Faleiro
Muito giro! A estória da teimosa Kate não desiludiu.
Dentro do género romântico, Nora Roberts é sem dúvida das melhores. Os livros cheios de romance, personagem com humor e algum mistério à mistura.
Este segundo volume da Trilogia Sonho tem tudo isso.
Nora Roberts Grou...: Holding the Dream (July 2014 Book of the Month) 23 27 Jul 11, 2014 11:12AM
Am-Lit 2013: This topic has been closed to new comments. Brief Summary 2 5 Aug 25, 2013 06:48AM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • To Catch a Cheat
  • Magnolia Moon (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Family Man

Dream Trilogy (3 books)
  • Daring to Dream (Dream Trilogy, #1)
  • Finding the Dream (Dream Trilogy, #3)
“You're not beautiful," he said in a quiet statement that made her brow knit. "Why do you look beautiful when you're not?” 5 likes
“Circumstances change. Bend or break...” 3 likes