Start by marking “Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle: Creative Conversations About Sexual and Emotional Integrity” as Want to Read:

Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle: Creative Conversations About Sexual and Emotional Integrity (The Every Man)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Where Will Your Daughter Turn for Answers About Sex?

Girls are bombarded with messages about sex–from friends, advertisers, media icons, and more. All of this input–along with the whirlwind of emotions that accompany puberty–can leave them confused, filled with unasked questions about boys, dating, sex, and their own value.

Now is the perfect time for creative conversation
Published March 16th 2010 by WaterBrook (first published June 7th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle

Erin
Apr 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and older sisters of young girls
Recommended to Erin by: sister-in-law
I read this book for some insight for a girls Bible study I will be teaching, and I was pleasantly surprised. I've heard some good things about other books in this series so I was happy when my sister-in-law said I could borrow this from her. For the most part, this is a very good book that gives parents (or others working with younger girls) both insight and a plan of action for addressing a very sensitive and critical topic - sexual purity. The next to last chapter references doctrinal issues ...more
Lori
Jul 09, 2012 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
help her recognize the importance of character,take an interest in female and male friends, compliment wise choices, teach her that affectionate behaviour is a gift , not a requirement,give her a symbol that reflects her commitment to purity, encourage her to journal about her own dreams and goals

Mom model...
- modesty
-*media choices
-healthy body image
-passion and intimacy in marriage
-satisfaction in singleness
-healthy friendships
-a passionate relationship with Christ

Their clothes:
You teach peo
Yvonne Ferlita
This book was okay. The book written for young men was better in that it broke the book into three parts. One for Dad to read by himself, one for dad and a younger child to read together and one more section for Dad and an older teen to read together. This book does NOT do that. As a result, some of the information is too much for younger girls. I would recommend Vickie Courtney's books instead. Her magazine style books cover the material in a much better, age appropriate fashion. That said, thi ...more
Melanie
Jul 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading this with my 9 year old daughter and so far it is wonderful. I remember as a child getting most of my ideas about sex and sexuality from friends and the television. This is a spiritually based book and explains the gift it is to be a little girl and eventually a woman. It also provides creative ideas and activities to teach girls about the changes their bodies will go through. For those of you with sons, there is also a son's version.
Debbie
Jan 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would heartily recommend this book to read with your pre-teen daughter. I won't give away anything for fear that my daughter will kill me - but I will say that, although we didn't necessarily agree with everything presented, it was an excellent way to continue the dialogue.
Lsia Copenhaver
I read this with my 9 year old daughter. Higly recommend this book if you have a daugher between the ages of 8 and 18. Reading it together also builds a memory and a body between you and your daughter.
Paylee Taylor
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far this book is great. I am so glad to have a book I can read slowly with my daughter, yet gives me advice in my own section. Grateful my friend let me borrow. :)
Christy Hilmas
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this separately with each of my daughters. Great way to cover a lot of stuff without you remembering everything you need to cover.
Angie Butcher
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get this book. Have the hard conversations. Don't let her learn from someone else. You don't have to agree with everything - just have the conversation!
Crystal Hersey
May 16, 2015
Kelly
May 23, 2013
Peak
rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2014
Oct 07, 2013
Elizabeth
Feb 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Preparing Your Son for Every Man's Battle: Honest Conversations About Sexual Integrity
  • What Are You Waiting For?: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex
  • Parenting Is Your Highest Calling: And 8 Other Myths That Trap Us in Worry and Guilt
  • For Parents Only: Getting Inside the Head of Your Kid
  • Blue Like Play Dough: The Shape of Motherhood in the Grip of God
  • Out of a Far Country: A Gay Son's Journey to God. A Broken Mother's Search for Hope.
  • Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Your Kids
  • Normal is Just a Setting on Your Hair Dryer
  • The Gift of the Blessing
  • Desire and Deceit: The Real Cost of the New Sexual Tolerance
  • The Light and the Glory: Did God Have a Plan for America?
  • Raising A Modern Day Princess
  • Untamed: How the Wild Side of Jesus Frees Us to Live and Love with Abandon
  • Following Jesus Without Embarrassing God
  • Who Calls Me Beautiful?: Finding Our True Image in the Mirror of God
  • Raising Unselfish Children in a Self-Absorbed World
  • Spiritual Sobriety: Stumbling Back to Faith When Good Religion Goes Bad
  • Red-Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle
Shannon is a million-copy best-selling author, speaker, lay counselor, and advocate for healthy sexuality with a master’s degree in counseling/human relations from Liberty University. She has spoken to youth, college students, and adults since 1989 and her passions include:

* Challenging adults and teens to embrace a life of sexual integrity
* Encouraging married couples in their pursuit of sexual
More about Shannon Ethridge...

The Every Man (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time
  • Every Man, God's Man
  • Every Heart Restored: A Wife's Guide to Healing in the Wake of a Husband's Sexual Sin
  • Every Man's Challenge: How Far Are You Willing to Go for God?
  • Every Young Man, God's Man: Confident, Courageous, and Completely His
  • Every Man's Marriage: An Every Man's Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman
  • Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation
  • Every Single Man's Battle

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99