Start by marking “Boom Bah!” as Want to Read:
Boom Bah!

Boom Bah!

"Shhh! Listen! Whats that sound? It starts with a Ting! When a tiny mouse taps a cup with a spoon. And ends with a triumphant Tah-dah!, as one by one, all the other animals join in. Ting! Tong! Clickety-click! Follow the band and tap your toe! Boom Bah! Here we go!
Published January 1st 2010 by Kane/Miller Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Boom Bah!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boom Bah!

Tasha
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Break out the noise makers, drums, and kazoos and start your own band after you share this one.

It all starts with a mouse tinging a spoon against a teacup. Then the cat gets involved by banging a spoon on a can. Pig grabs two pot lids to bash together as cymbals. And soon a line of animals are marching and dancing to the beat. What could that be coming over the hill? A real marching band with real drums, a tuba, trombones and more. Everyone starts to play music together with a happy “Hey ho!” A
Luisa Knight
A fun introduction to both kitchen pot clanging and musical sounds. Since it's geared for young ones, I appreciate how they used farm animals, something tots can identify with.

Ages: 2 - 4

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable you to clean up your book before reading it! Visit my website:
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: july-4th
I love the concept of making music from household objects! A mouse clicks a teacup with a spoon, and other animals start making noises with other things until they've formed their own band. I feel like if I wanted to use this in storytime, it could call for incorporating some fun hands-on pots-and-pans type stuff for everyone to play with, which might be a big undertaking with the size of groups we have attend. Or we could just read it, and play certain "instruments" on the stage. Though the kid ...more
Emily Carlyn
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
Music and animals together! This would be great and could be interactive if you had some of the items mentioned in the story - cans, bowls, spoons, etc.
Tracy
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, kiddo
A good companion to Moo, Baa, La La La!.
Cheriee Weichel
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This was ok. The illustrations are charming and the rhyme and pattern are fun.
Kenson and kirra
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was super fun to read out loud with lots of loud noises. not much of an actual storyline though
Brynja Carlson
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brynja LOVES this book, and after three weeks, reading it several times a day, we still like it too, isn't that amazing? It's a simple book that could appeal to a lot of age groups. The pictures are nice and the story flows in an almost musical way as you read it. Brynja is sitting on my lap as I write this pointing to the picture of the book and saying "BOOM BAH!!" :)

edit:
We've borrowed this book from the library several times now. Brynja sometimes asks for it and I have to tell her "sorry hone
Stef Rozitis
This is a noisy, happy book with lively illustrations and a touch of rhythm. The "babies" at work really enjoy it. You could use it as a spring board even with older children for a percussion music activity.

There are plenty of noisy, happy books out there that introduce the fun of onomatopoeia but they are enjoyable and this is a very nice one. It's also by a South Aussie which makes it even better.
Jess
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I used this book for Baby and Toddler storytime and the kids were huge fans. Whenever there was a sound in the story, I used my tambourine instead of saying the word for the sound and would make the tambourine play louder or faster depending upon the word. The kids LOVED this. Definitely one of their recent favorites.
Edna
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Delightful read aloud book for young toddlers showing the gradual growth of a group of animals marching and making music with simple kitchen utensils and eventually joining up with a real marching music band.
Linda Kriese
My daughter asked for this book every night when we had it home from the library. The first time we read it I wasn't impressed, but she apparently loved it
Paula
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
After a tiny mouse taps a cup with a spoon and creates a noise, everyone wants to join in. Follow the band as it gathers and grows from a solo perfomance to an explosive, full-scale orchestra.
Amanda Martinez Kirby
Jul 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, easy, storytime
Great for storytime
Thia
musical instruments, music,
Aug 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great rhythm, musical, good large illustrations.
Michelle
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5. The words and bright pictures made it exciting!
Rima Aroutiounian
May 27, 2014 added it
Shelves: 1
good book to learn words with using songs. Its starts from a little noise then, becomes a party of songs and sounds.
Donalyn
Follow a band of animals as it gathers and grows from a solo performance to a full orchestra. Onomatopoeia, rhymes and engaging illustrations will interest primary readers.
D.peabody
A lovely one to use with younger children - toddlers. Would be great followed by your own version of a kitchen band or the drumming song.
Betsy
Mar 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-fiction
Cute illustrations. Not much to the story. It is mostly sound effects.
Pamela Hubbard
Momma Teacher
Mar 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Phil Cummings had his first book published by Omnibus/Penguin in 1989 and has
since written over sixty books for children.