Start by marking “Secrets of Harmony Grove” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Harmony Grove

Secrets of Harmony Grove

From the bestselling author of Shadows of Lancaster County comes an exciting new romantic mystery set in Amish country.

When New York marketing executive Sienna Collins finds herself unemployed, she moves out of her pricey Manhattan apartment to sleepy Harmony Grove, Pennsylvania. She plans on running the bed-and-breakfast she had bought as an investment in Lancaster Count

Published October 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Harmony Grove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Harmony Grove

Start your review of Secrets of Harmony Grove
Dale Harcombe
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Sienna Collins arrives back from a business trip to Boston, she learns she is being investigated by the federal government. She is at a loss to know why. Despite her claims of innocence, she is suspended from her high profile and high paying job at Buzz. Without the income from her job, she escapes to her investment, Harmony Grove Bed and Breakfast. When she arrives nothing is as she expects. She finds an ex-boyfriend dead and the manager of the b and b unconscious. That’s just for starters ...more
CarolynB
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was a very intense book. I loved it. I loved the characters as well as the plot. I was unable to figure out the mystery until the very end, which made it a very compelling read. 5 stars! Mindy Starns Clark is a very talented writer--one of my top ten favorites.
Kate
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the kind of novels that pull you in and don't really let go until you've finished the last page. This was one such novel for me. I was intrigued by the opening scene, where Sienna expects to find her bosses celebrating her and her work success, only to find herself suspended without pay for being under investigation by the United States government.
From there, the twists and turns just keep coming and coming, and though I suspected what *kind* of trouble Sienna might be in, the actual spec
Diane U
Dec 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
When Philadelphia marketing executive Sienna Collins finds herself unemployed, she moves out of her pricey Philadelphia condominium to sleepy Harmony Grove, Pennsylvania. She plans on running the bed-and-breakfast she had bought as an investment in Lancaster County. However, when the manager she lets go is later found murdered on the property, Sienna’s troubles take a serious turn.

A handsome local wishes to befriend her, but can she trust him? And when her ex-boyfriend shows up, wanting to recon
Lyn
Dec 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Secrets of Harmony Grove was the third book of Mindy Starns Clark I've read. I've enjoyed each one and have come to anticipate her signature "a mystery within a mystery." Clark always tells a parallel story where the past and present intersect. Clark sets up shop in Amish Pennsylvania and does so well. I enjoyed her setting, her characters and the unfolding mystery AND romance. If you want a good mystery to cozy up to the fire with, Secrets of Harmony Grove will not leave you cold!
Cheryl-Lynn
Jan 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It's a good, clean mystery. The only reason its not getting a higher rating from me is at times it just moved slow. It's the same problem I've had with one or two other of Clark's stand alone books. If you like knowing what the main character is thinking and seeing a story slowly play out- then it won't bug you. I'm more an action and less thought type. However for good, clean mysteries I can always recommend this author. Her Million Dollar Mysteries are my favorite!!
Carol
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a stand alone novel set in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Amish country. Though the story is not totally about the Amish theirs views and philosphy shapes the story. This is a Christian author and I enjoyed this story of intrigue and secrets and the awful effects of war on people.
Jenny Glazebrook
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The plot was quite complex but well written enough to follow. The suspense wasn't over the top but still kept me wanting to turn the page. A book with poetry, history, character study and interesting facts about animals and plants. I learned more about the Amish and their values, too. So much in one book. As an Aussie, I enjoyed the inclusion of Australian birds in the story. I found the start less gripping than I might have liked but am glad I kept reading. I wi ...more
Jana Miller
I loved everything about this book. Riveting mystery, complex and layered storyline. Fascinating backstories that added texture to the whole thing. I thought the pacing was spot on, and the Christian element was great--not preachy, but introspective. The large cast of characters wasn't distracting or confusing, but each added something different to the story. It was full and fleshed out and I couldn't put it down.
C Davis
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I am a person who gets bogged down in the details and too much explanation...this made this a hard read for me. I commit to a book and like to see it through until the end, but I had to skim certain parts of the book. Overall, the story was good and even interesting, which is why I gave the book 3 stars. The overall story line was creative and I had not read anything like it before, definitely new concepts which was nice to see, and kept me going.
CindyHunt
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mystery of Harmony Grove reaches out...

And grabs you and doesn't let go!
I didn't want to stop reading as the past tragedies of Abe and Daphne's lives was intertwined with the evil that was happening at Harmony Grove. So much history was revealed that brought not only the horror of Buchenwold but the story of the missing diamonds into the present. From the greed and the hidden rooms you felt like you were right there...
Margaret Nelson
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sucked me right in and the twists and turns kept me reading. I didn't do much but read until I finished it! The characters were believable, the suspense done just right, and convoluted plot was amazing.
Linda
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish
A quick read

A good story. I enjoyed it. Curl up with a cup of tea. Not really an Amish story but set in Amish country with
Amish flavor.

Cindy
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harmony Grove

Really enjoyed this book so different then most books , could not wait to see what happened and see which man she picked . Liked book very much.
Suzanne Page
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Wish I had 5 more stars I could give it. I hated to have to put it down for any reason. I highly recommend it!
Marilyn
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Book club selection. Unyeh, not very well written. The books premise was interesting but a lot of time spent getting to the point. Some mystery solved in somewhat unbelievable way.
Ev
Dec 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Cannot stand the main character! Abort....
Stephanie Lawton
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Book club selection. Identical formula of her other books. Really not my thing, but the historical insight is interesting.
Linda
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Just okay.
Jodi
May 12, 2020 marked it as unable-to-read
God is good, turn over to god, etc etc. Way too much. It might have been a good book without that unnecessary nonsense.
Lora Dietrich
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery Diamonds

I really liked this book and couldn't put it down, it kept me intrigued from the beginning to the end.
STEPHEN S MAPES
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read
Kristin Leppen
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Didn’t end like I thought it would! Real page turner! I couldn’t put it down!! Would recommend her to anyone who loves a good mystery or suspense novel!
Camille
Secrets of Harmony Grove by Mindy Starns Clark

Secrets of Harmony Grove by Mindy Starns Clark was the March group read for the Fans of Amish Fiction group on GoodReads. (A group which excitingly now has over 100 members!!)

I finished it in the first couple days of the month, but I held off posting my review so that I wouldn't ruin anything about the book for our other group members who hadn't gotten through it yet.

Let me start off by saying I *REALLY* liked Secrets of Harmony Grove.

Secrets of Harm
Rachel Brand
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I can't believe I've not written a review of this book yet, especially as I read it well over a week ago! I was working on two essay deadlines at the time so this review will be more concise than usual as the book isn't so fresh in my mind.

Overall, I really enjoyed this mystery set in an Amish settlement in PA. I've never read anything from Mindy Starns Clark before but I have enjoyed some Amish romantic suspense from Marta Perry. I'd have to say that I probably prefer Marta as her style is a bi
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Title: SECRETS OF HARMONY GROVE
Author: Mindy Starns Clark
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
October 2010
ISBN: 978-0-7369-2625-6
Genre: Inspirational/Amish/suspense

Sienna Collins’ life was falling down around her ears. She had just landed a huge deal with a firm in Boston, but she reports back to her job to find herself suspended without pay because she is under investigation by the government for crimes she knows nothing about.

When Sienna’s ex-boyfriend calls from Pennsylvania, sounding confused
Christy
Apr 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Readers familiar with Mindy Starns Clark know that she is an incredible writer that can weave an intricate story together in a phenomenal way. Her plots are always complex and her characters believable. It is also very difficult to put down one of her novels because the action is always non-stop.

That said, Secrets of Harmony Grove was a rather complicated story. The plot, while interesting from the word "go," had way too many twists and turns. It was a mystery within a mystery, with a few other
Maureen Timerman
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Synopsis: Sienna Collins, owner of the Harmony Grove Bed & Breakfast in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, learns that she is under investigation by the federal government for crimes she knows nothing about. A few hours later she finds her ex-boyfriend, Troy, dead, and her life and livelihood begin to spin wildly out of control. She begins to doubt everyone around her, even the handsome detective assigned to the case.

As Sienna tries to clear her name, she is forced to depend on her faith, the wisdo
Darla
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it
(Genre:Fiction/mystery/Christian) Sienna owns a bed and breakfast in Amish country in Pennsylvania, but has very little to do with it's daily operations, as she has hired that out to a manager. She works in the advertising business and spends most of her time and efforts on climbing her career ladder. She has recently started a new job with better pay and more exciting opportunities when she is suddenly laid off by her new employers as they discover that Sienna is being investigated by the attor ...more
Cindy
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
I was delighted to find this book at the library, since I've loved other books by Mindy Starns Clark--particularly her Million Dollar Mysteries, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

This is essentially a good book, but I have to say I struggled with it a bit--thus only giving it three stars.

This is one of those cases where I have to give part of the blame to my frame of mind, distractions, etc. The book is well-written and has an intriguing plot.

Still, I found it almost confusing at times...there was SO m
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Traitor's Pawn
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • The Proving
  • Hidden Places
  • When the Bishop Needs an Alibi (The Amish Bishop Mysteries #2)
  • When God Reigns: A Study in the Parables of Jesus
  • His Guilt (The Amish of Hart County #2)
  • Mending Fences (The Deacon's Family, #1)
  • God's Wisdom for a Woman's Life: Timeless Principles for Your Every Need
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor, #1)
  • Strands of Truth
  • If I Really Believe, Why Do I Have These Doubts?
  • Hearts in Harmony
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • Listening to Love (An Amish Journey #2)
  • The Confident Woman: Knowing Who You Are in Christ
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2)
  • Goodbye to Yesterday (The Discovery, #1)
Mindy Starns Clark is the bestselling author of more than 30 books, both fiction and nonfiction, and has received numerous literary honors, including two Christy Awards and RT Book Review Magazine’s 2012 Career Achievement Award. Mindy and her husband, John, have two adult children and live near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.

News & Interviews

“At least at times of loss, we are reminded of our priorities, of our many blessings. In times of gain, we can so often lose our way.” 20 likes
“Keep me safe, keep me from harm, keep me in your loving arms.” 10 likes