Start by marking “Secrets of Harmony Grove” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Harmony Grove

Secrets of Harmony Grove

From the bestselling author of Shadows of Lancaster County comes an exciting new romantic mystery set in Amish country.

When New York marketing executive Sienna Collins finds herself unemployed, she moves out of her pricey Manhattan apartment to sleepy Harmony Grove, Pennsylvania. She plans on running the bed-and-breakfast she had bought as an investment in Lancaster Count

Published October 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Harmony Grove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Harmony Grove

Dale Harcombe
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Sienna Collins arrives back from a business trip to Boston, she learns she is being investigated by the federal government. She is at a loss to know why. Despite her claims of innocence, she is suspended from her high profile and high paying job at Buzz. Without the income from her job, she escapes to her investment, Harmony Grove Bed and Breakfast. When she arrives nothing is as she expects. She finds an ex-boyfriend dead and the manager of the b and b unconscious. That’s just for starters ...more
CarolynB
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was a very intense book. I loved it. I loved the characters as well as the plot. I was unable to figure out the mystery until the very end, which made it a very compelling read. 5 stars! Mindy Starns Clark is a very talented writer--one of my top ten favorites.
Diane U
Dec 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
When Philadelphia marketing executive Sienna Collins finds herself unemployed, she moves out of her pricey Philadelphia condominium to sleepy Harmony Grove, Pennsylvania. She plans on running the bed-and-breakfast she had bought as an investment in Lancaster County. However, when the manager she lets go is later found murdered on the property, Sienna’s troubles take a serious turn.

A handsome local wishes to befriend her, but can she trust him? And when her ex-boyfriend shows up, wanting to recon
Lyn
Dec 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Secrets of Harmony Grove was the third book of Mindy Starns Clark I've read. I've enjoyed each one and have come to anticipate her signature "a mystery within a mystery." Clark always tells a parallel story where the past and present intersect. Clark sets up shop in Amish Pennsylvania and does so well. I enjoyed her setting, her characters and the unfolding mystery AND romance. If you want a good mystery to cozy up to the fire with, Secrets of Harmony Grove will not leave you cold!
Cheryl-Lynn
Jan 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It's a good, clean mystery. The only reason its not getting a higher rating from me is at times it just moved slow. It's the same problem I've had with one or two other of Clark's stand alone books. If you like knowing what the main character is thinking and seeing a story slowly play out- then it won't bug you. I'm more an action and less thought type. However for good, clean mysteries I can always recommend this author. Her Million Dollar Mysteries are my favorite!!
Carol
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a stand alone novel set in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Amish country. Though the story is not totally about the Amish theirs views and philosphy shapes the story. This is a Christian author and I enjoyed this story of intrigue and secrets and the awful effects of war on people.
Jenny Glazebrook
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The plot was quite complex but well written enough to follow. The suspense wasn't over the top but still kept me wanting to turn the page. A book with poetry, history, character study and interesting facts about animals and plants. I learned more about the Amish and their values, too. So much in one book. As an Aussie, I enjoyed the inclusion of Australian birds in the story. I found the start less gripping than I might have liked but am glad I kept reading. I wi ...more
Jana
I loved everything about this book. Riveting mystery, complex and layered storyline. Fascinating backstories that added texture to the whole thing. I thought the pacing was spot on, and the Christian element was great--not preachy, but introspective. The large cast of characters wasn't distracting or confusing, but each added something different to the story. It was full and fleshed out and I couldn't put it down.
Linda
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish
A quick read

A good story. I enjoyed it. Curl up with a cup of tea. Not really an Amish story but set in Amish country with
Amish flavor.

Suzanne Page
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Wish I had 5 more stars I could give it. I hated to have to put it down for any reason. I highly recommend it!
Ev
Dec 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Cannot stand the main character! Abort....
Marilyn
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Book club selection. Unyeh, not very well written. The books premise was interesting but a lot of time spent getting to the point. Some mystery solved in somewhat unbelievable way.
Cindy
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harmony Grove

Really enjoyed this book so different then most books , could not wait to see what happened and see which man she picked . Liked book very much.
Camille
Secrets of Harmony Grove by Mindy Starns Clark

Secrets of Harmony Grove by Mindy Starns Clark was the March group read for the Fans of Amish Fiction group on GoodReads. (A group which excitingly now has over 100 members!!)

I finished it in the first couple days of the month, but I held off posting my review so that I wouldn't ruin anything about the book for our other group members who hadn't gotten through it yet.

Let me start off by saying I *REALLY* liked Secrets of Harmony Grove.

Secrets of Harm
Rachel Brand
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I can't believe I've not written a review of this book yet, especially as I read it well over a week ago! I was working on two essay deadlines at the time so this review will be more concise than usual as the book isn't so fresh in my mind.

Overall, I really enjoyed this mystery set in an Amish settlement in PA. I've never read anything from Mindy Starns Clark before but I have enjoyed some Amish romantic suspense from Marta Perry. I'd have to say that I probably prefer Marta as her style is a bi
Christy
Apr 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Readers familiar with Mindy Starns Clark know that she is an incredible writer that can weave an intricate story together in a phenomenal way. Her plots are always complex and her characters believable. It is also very difficult to put down one of her novels because the action is always non-stop.

That said, Secrets of Harmony Grove was a rather complicated story. The plot, while interesting from the word "go," had way too many twists and turns. It was a mystery within a mystery, with a few other
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Title: SECRETS OF HARMONY GROVE
Author: Mindy Starns Clark
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
October 2010
ISBN: 978-0-7369-2625-6
Genre: Inspirational/Amish/suspense

Sienna Collins’ life was falling down around her ears. She had just landed a huge deal with a firm in Boston, but she reports back to her job to find herself suspended without pay because she is under investigation by the government for crimes she knows nothing about.

When Sienna’s ex-boyfriend calls from Pennsylvania, sounding confused
Maureen Timerman
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Synopsis: Sienna Collins, owner of the Harmony Grove Bed & Breakfast in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, learns that she is under investigation by the federal government for crimes she knows nothing about. A few hours later she finds her ex-boyfriend, Troy, dead, and her life and livelihood begin to spin wildly out of control. She begins to doubt everyone around her, even the handsome detective assigned to the case.

As Sienna tries to clear her name, she is forced to depend on her faith, the w
Darla
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it
(Genre:Fiction/mystery/Christian) Sienna owns a bed and breakfast in Amish country in Pennsylvania, but has very little to do with it's daily operations, as she has hired that out to a manager. She works in the advertising business and spends most of her time and efforts on climbing her career ladder. She has recently started a new job with better pay and more exciting opportunities when she is suddenly laid off by her new employers as they discover that Sienna is being investigated by the attor ...more
Cindy
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
I was delighted to find this book at the library, since I've loved other books by Mindy Starns Clark--particularly her Million Dollar Mysteries, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

This is essentially a good book, but I have to say I struggled with it a bit--thus only giving it three stars.

This is one of those cases where I have to give part of the blame to my frame of mind, distractions, etc. The book is well-written and has an intriguing plot.

Still, I found it almost confusing at times...there was SO m
Lynda
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly loved this book. Gave it 5 stars despite a couple of minor typo errors I found.

Some wonderful teaching in this book about how to deal with problems or troubles that seem to overwhelm you.

The more a book says to me, the more highlights I do on the Kindle Fire. This book got quite a few.
Quotes:
If you can't pray in your own words, pray in [the] Scriptures.

Give it over to God. He's big enough to handle it for you. He made the moon and the stars.

Acknowledge the anxiety to someone else.

Admitt
Sylviastewart1
I was reluctant to start reading this book because it was "another Amish book." Seems like there are so many of those these days, but I bought the book on the recommendation of a friend. I "fell for" the protagonist -- liked her in a big way. Her past tugged at my heart and I could totally understand her panic attacks. (However, I found that at one critical point she would totally fall apart; at an equally crucial point in the story she changed into an aggressor. Seemed a bit inconsistent.)

The "
Mayda
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish, christian, mystery
If you are searching for a well written, Christian mystery, be sure to pick up a copy of Mindy Starns Clark’s Secrets of Harmony Grove. This novel, set in Pennsylvania near an Amish community, will capture your interest from the very beginning. An advertising executive, basking in her success at a new agency, suddenly finds herself in trouble with the feds, suspended from her job, and in debt with no income. Ms. Clark skillfully weaves a fascinating mystery with religious overtones that complime ...more
Michelle Connell
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sienna Collins is astonished she is let go from her job due to being investigated by the federal crimes she hasn't a clue about. She travels from Philadelphia to the Amish community of her childhood where her B&B is run by a manager, who she finds dead on her arrival. What has been going on at her renovated B&B and who has killed Troy? Sienna's world spins out of control when one after another revelation is revealed, much to her shock. Can she figure things out before anyone else gets ki ...more
Julie Malcolm
Apr 19, 2013 rated it liked it
As a mystery story I'd probably give this book 4 stars. While it wasn't so compelling I couldn't put it down, it did keep my interest right to the end and all the mysteries are revealed in a satisfactory manner.

As a Christian read I felt it was disappointing. Sienna suffered a significant trauma in her youth and as a result felt that God had let her down and that she could only really depend on herself. She never gets past that. Even at the end of the book when she is resolved to renew her relat
Snap
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found myself thinking about the characters in this book days after I had finished reading it. A sequel could be fun. There are a lot of story lines going on and a lot of "clues." It is fun to try to keep them sorted as you read. It would be nice to have some characters better developed, even the ones I do not like so much.
The lead character has a lot going on that forces her to reconsider her priorities. At times she can set her priorities but at other times circumstances set them for her. S
Kav
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly suspenseful. There are layers upon layers of mystery that Clark has cleverly hidden within the text. It kept me on my toes and eagerly turning pages while my mind whirled with all the possibilities but I didn't guess the whodunnit part until Sienna did! Of course, once I knew, I could see all the hints that had been scattered throughout the plot. Hints that both Sienna and I ignored until it was nearly too late. LOL.

Even the romance is filled with suspense, since Clark has crafted two
Mark Baker
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, mystery
Sienna's life is turned upside down when she discovers she is under investigation by the Federal government. Then a former boyfriend is found dead on the property of the bed and breakfast he helped her fix up. What is going on?

As always, Mindy provides a fast start and lots of twists and turns. I didn't feel the pace was consistent in this one, but I still raced through it as quickly as I could.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Marta Perry
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In Secrets of Harmony Grove, popular author Mindy Starns Clark takes readers on an exciting adventure in the peaceful Amish setting of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Sienna Collins, absentee owner of the Harmony Grove Bed and Breakfast, finds herself caught in a web of mystery and danger when she discovers her former boyfriend murdered and the inn’s manager unconscious. Struggling to clear herself and learn the truth, Sienna must call on all her strength and faith just to survive. Highly recomm ...more
Melissa
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I always enjoy Mindy Starns Clark's books, and this was no exception. The book started off a little slow, but was hard to put down after I got to the meat of the book.

The characters were well developed, but I also had a hard time believing that some of the things happened to the main character given her past.

At any rate, there were great quotes from the book that made me pause and think, and the holocaust weaved through the book added amazing depth to the story. Definitely worth reading!
  • Falling to Pieces (Shipshewana Amish Mystery #1)
  • The Christmas Singing (Apple Ridge #2)
  • Abigail's New Hope (Wayne County, #1)
  • Vanish in Plain Sight (The Brotherhood of the Raven #2)
  • An Amish Love
  • Hannah's Journey (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #1)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • A Stranger's Wish (Amish Farm Trilogy, #1)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • The Promise of an Angel (Heaven On Earth, #1)
  • A Harvest of Hearts (Amish of Seymour County, #2)
  • The Wounded Heart (Amish Quilt, #1)
  • The Wings of Morning (Snapshots in History, #1)
  • Grace (Sisters of the Heart, #4)
  • Simple Deceit (Harmony, #2)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
  • Plain Jayne (Plain and Simple, #1)
  • A Time for Peace (Quilts of Lancaster County, #3)
Mindy Starns Clark is the bestselling author of more than 30 books, both fiction and nonfiction, and has received numerous literary honors, including two Christy Awards and RT Book Review Magazine’s 2012 Career Achievement Award. Mindy and her husband, John, have two adult children and live near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
“At least at times of loss, we are reminded of our priorities, of our many blessings. In times of gain, we can so often lose our way.” 20 likes
“Keep me safe, keep me from harm, keep me in your loving arms.” 10 likes