Start by marking “Teenagers!: What Every Parent Has to Know” as Want to Read:
Teenagers!: What Every Parent Has to Know

Teenagers!: What Every Parent Has to Know

Rob Parsons turns his attention to that very difficult period of adolescence - the teenage years. He explains how to cope with this often disruptive period in a family's life and how to continue feeling close to your teenagers as they grow up and become increasingly independent.
Published October 1st 2009 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published June 7th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Teenagers!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teenagers!

Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah MoskowitzThe Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin DionneLove and Leftovers by Sarah TregayThe Girl in the Converse Shoes by Yaritza GarciaThe Whole Story of Half a Girl by Veera Hiranandani
Converse!
94 books — 26 voters
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren WeisbergerNobody Was Here  by Alison PolletWild by Cheryl StrayedWho She Is by Diane ByingtonI Gave My Heart to Know This by Ellen Baker
Shoes (no people)
251 books — 36 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Teenagers!: What Every Parent Has to Know
Malene
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, human and comforting read.
Nastya Galper
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very good down to earth reassurance that many things are are facing are normal, to be expected and although not easy to navigate are temporary. Some very practical reminders that all parents of teenagers should read. Easy language, so really is a book for every parent.
Fintan Watson
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5
Rena Brown
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read. Makes the impossible seem possible!
Ian Mccagherty
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Many (too many!) years ago I was given a copy of 'The Sixty Minute Father' which I still hold as an invaluable guide to parenthood (or, indeed, any relationship) and which I have enjoyed recommending to others.

Imagine my surprise (!?) when I discovered that Parsons' book about teenagers is just as packed with gems - though more in the vein of "you are not alone", "it's natural" and most reassuringly of all "it WILL pass".

Certainly not a 'quick-fix' manual; but neither is it trite nor trivial.
Julian Okoye
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A liberating book written to let parents know they are not alone and they are probably doing a good job. Gives a useful insight into what is going on in the brains of teenagers and a few useful suggestions as to how to help your teen through their teenage years.
Belebe
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book all parents must read! Read it before your kids turn into teens so you won't despair when they seemed to have suddenly not know you or respet you anymore! It is not only consoling, but hopeful... above all, the thing that is missing in the book, is lots of prayers!
Ian Bebbington
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good guide to raising normal teenagers, comforting as well as helpful.
Sho
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sho by: Kindle Deal of the Day
I seriously wish I'd read this before The Gruesome Twosome were teenagers but better late than never. highly recommended.
Mahmoud Wagih
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Practical suggestions based on logical explanation of how teenagers handle life differently.
Susanne
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I'm a mother of 2 teenagers, currently one more challenging than the other and this book guides you through your relationships with a sense of humour and common sense.
Deb Walker
Jun 24, 2012
Jean
Apr 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients
  • The House of Special Purpose
  • The Rainbow Fish
  • Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me & Cheryl to the Mall?
  • Out of the Easy
  • The Thriving Child: The Science Behind Reducing Stress and Nurturing Independence
  • Push
  • The Holiday
  • The One and Only Ivan
  • We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
  • I Capture the Castle
Rob Parsons OBE is an international speaker on family issues and the author of many best-sellers including The Heart of Success and The 60-Minute Father. Over half a million people have attended his live seminars.

He is the founding chairman of Care for the Family.
“After the September 11th tragedy in New York City, people began to tell others what their loved ones, who had been trapped in the twin towers in New York, had said to them in frantic telephone conversations or email messages. Those who received calls from mobile phones from the doomed planes also told their stories. Some re-listened to messages left on answerphones. And as they shared their experiences, it was immediately evident that the same three words kept coming up time and time again. Those words did not refer to size of salary or bonuses, nor to the type of car recently purchased or expensive holidays taken. No. Lovers said them to lovers, husbands to wives, friends to friends and parents to kids: ‘I love you.’ ‘Tell Suzanne, I love her.” 0 likes
“Relax Remove pressure Have patience Ask questions Show you are there for them Love Love Love” 0 likes