Start by marking “The Bride Collector” as Want to Read:
The Bride Collector

The Bride Collector

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  9,318 Ratings  ·  1,007 Reviews
FBI Special agent Brad Raines is facing his toughest case yet. A Denver serial killer has killed four beautiful young women, leaving a bridal veil at each crime scene, and he's picking up his pace. Unable to crack the case, Raines appeals for help from a most unusual source: residents of the Center for Wellbeing and Intelligence, a private psychiatric institution for menta ...more
Audio CD, 14 pages
Published April 13th 2010 by Hachette Audio (first published April 13th 2009)

Arah-Lynda
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-said

Not for the faint of heart this is a dark, deeply disturbing tour-de-force of good versus evil, told in bone chillng, graphic detail. Make no mistake he will take you there and hold you hard and long into the night. My hat is off, Mr. DeKker. Bring it on!

Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Pretty awful, but I was only gonna rate 2 stars until I skimmed to the last two chapters and read them. What I learned there dropped this to a 1-star DNF.

Full Review:

Brad Raines is a blond George Clooney. He's a womanizer, a slut (because "male slut" is sexist) and has been placed on the case of the Bride Collector, a serial killer who drains women's blood before killing them. Oh, and he lusts after Nikki, his partner, because she's hot. Nikki also lusts after him too.

DNF at 82 pag
Angela Risner
I had high hopes for this book. I love mysteries. I love me a good serial killer story.

The protagonist is attracted to his model-lookalike partner. Are you tired of that storyline yet? I am. He also has a broken heart that has yet to heal fro about 10 years ago, and of course, this means that he is hard to ensnare into a relationship. All men like this are attractive to women, because we love a challenge.

The killer is a bit more interesting. He is killing young beautiful women (of course! No ugl
Keiki Hendrix
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“An eerie, engaging novel bringing to the light a unique view of those we judge as mental ill.”
Being a fan of Ted Dekker, I knew the type of novel I would be reading when I selected The Bride Collector. Dekker is one of my favorite fiction authors. For instance, I knew I would find dark suspense (often not for the squeamish), tight well-written plot and dialogue, and a focus on some component of Christianity.What I did not expect was to begin to question my perception or at least to reconsider m
Ana Mardoll
Feb 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ana-reviewed
The Bride Collector / 978-1-599-95196-6

I picked this up at the library, and it's my first Ted Dekker novel. I understand he's quite famous, and I don't want to be overly negative, but I just really didn't enjoy this novel, and it didn't hold my interest. I really like crime dramas on television, and this novel definitely doesn't seem to fit that demographic.

There seems to be very little emphasis on either the physical hunt or the psychological chase. CODIS and AFIS are mentioned about once each,
Chibineko
I've never read a Ted Dekker book, yet I'd been told great things about him & his work. When I got the chance to review this, I figured that this would be a great chance to experience the author. I just wish that this had lived up to all of the hype.

The book follows the character of FBI agent Brad Raines, a man who is no stranger to loss. With his own dark past looming over him, he attempts to uncover the identity of a killer known only as the Bride Collector. The Bride Collector has tracked
Ace
May 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What makes a good Thriller/Mystery books? It has to have:

1. A killer/s
2. The victim/s
3. FBI protagonist
4. cliff hanger endings in every chapter.
5. surprising twist/s in the story

I'm a fan of this genre, so it means I read a lot of books in this niche, and I confess that I'm already used to the plots of this kind of stories, and that made the story a cliche for me.

The story is all about Brad Raine, a FBI agent who will investigate the killings of the so called "Brides". The killer left a note tha
Zylle
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quike
May 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kitabın başında hemen katille irtibatta bulunması pek hoşuma gitmedi. Bu kadar başlarda böyle yapması gizemi biraz azaltmış. Sanki birde çok gereksiz yere konuyu bu kadar uzatmış gibi geldi bana.
What Did You Think 15 59 Apr 20, 2014 08:44PM
  • To Kill With Reason
  • Deadlock (John Hutchinson, #2)
  • The Knight (The Patrick Bowers Files, #3)
  • Never Let You Go
  • Demon
  • Shade
  • First the Dead (Bug Man Series #3)
  • Waking Lazarus
  • Scream
  • Isolation
  • Illusion
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...
“Unfortunately, the world has taken some of the greatest minds God has given us and locked them up in cages. Most very brilliant or creative people seem strange to ordinary people. Geniuses are almost always outcasts. The intelligent are bullied on the playground. They see the world differently and are shunned for it. They nearly all turn out to be lonely at the least, locked up at the worst. It's human nature to encourage the status quo and shun those who see life differently.” 33 likes