Start by marking “The Shattered Helmet (Hardy Boys, #52)” as Want to Read:
The Shattered Helmet (Hardy Boys, #52)

The Shattered Helmet (Hardy Boys #52)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  996 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The Shattered Helmet (The Hardy Boys, No. 52)
Published January 1st 1973 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Shattered Helmet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shattered Helmet

Lauren Alise Schultz
I've been trying to decide for a long time which is worse - George Fayne's fat girl jokes at the expense of her cousin Bess Marvin in the Nancy Drew novels, or all the jokes about Chet Morton's expansive appetite and waistline in the Hardy Boys novels. In both cases, the teasing is presented as nothing malicious and even somewhat affectionate at times, which in my opinion makes the fat jokes even more insidious. And both poor Bess and poor Chet are always at least mildly distressed by their frie ...more
Jerry
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A different sort of mystery for Frank and Joe...but a great one!
Seema ♥Nerdgirl♥
I thought Frank and Joe kind of looked teasing in the cover :p but I gave it a go anyway as I thought it sounded interesting. Sadly though, it didn't turn out to be the best HB I've ever read. The beginning didn't seem hooking. Also, I missed the rest of the Hardys' gang, Biff, Tony, and Phil. Chet was the only one who appeared.
It wasn't an 'I hate it' book. But, like I said, not the best HB I've ever read. I didn't really like it. The ending was confusing, which was disappointing. I had to go
Hannah Belyea
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-child-inside
Frank and Joe end up in greater danger than ever before when they agree to help their pen pal from Greece locate an ancient helmet that will drag them into countless risks! Dixon takes readers on a big adventure with this entry!
Ethan Hulbert
Pretty good! I'm enjoying the "traveling" books and love how they show off parts of countries around the world to young boys and girls reading these at home. The mystery in this one was decent enough too.
Michelle
Dec 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Finally my boys are old enough to get to know the Hardy Boys. Joe and Frank couldn't be more cool. They have motorcycles, go to college, nearly get blown up, and travel the world while they solve mysteries. Of course, reading about Joe and Frank conjurs up lovely memories of Shawn Cassidy and Parker Stevenson trying to do the book series justice. They were my first real crushes... and I was eleven. Dixon uses challenging vocabulary... and we have to stop regularly to discuss what something means ...more
Andy
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
How would you feel if you thought an ancient Greek helmet could be in the antique store near where your having a film class. The Shattered Helmet by Franklin W Dixon is a action packed and eventful story. It would be like learning of a film that may contain the secret to where an Ancient Greek helmet may have ended up. It also has a lot of traveling around. How about having a pen pal all the way from Greece come to the US to take a film class with you or meeting an old movie director in LA. It a ...more
Palmer Lambert
The book The shattered helmet was really good and full of of suspense.This is the fifty second book in The Hardy boys series. The hardy boys in this book try to find a Greek helmet that Evan's uncle sent to Hollywood and never got it back.The hardy boys will have to find the helmet before the other boys,who plan on selling it. Will the hardy boys find the helmet.

On a scale of one to ten I would give this book a seven. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action adventure novels and
Daniel Rose
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hardy-boys-old
Overall the hunt down of a helmet that may have a changing impact on the country of greece. Following a wild goose chase all over the United States and then finally back to Greece leads them to capture the bad guys find the helmet and save the day.
Diane
Dec 07, 2008 marked it as to-read
Sounds like a book series I will have to start reading to my boys - I am so over the Magic Tree House books and the A-Z Mysteries - good books but just am looking for a little change. Thanks for the suggestion.
David
Sep 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
When I was still schooling, I tried to read all of the Hardy Boys books. I didn't come close to finishing the whole series, and by now I had already forgot most of the content of those that I had read. But I do recall how much I loved reading each and every one of them.
Connery
Nov 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love the Hardy boy series and this is just another great book. It's hard to belive that Franklin W. Dixon is not just one writer.
Partridge Public
Sep 20, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: JF Dix
Shelves: juniorfiction
Dixon, Franklin W.
Michael David
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
The ending was a bit of a downer, but I still learned something! Efaristo means 'thank you,' and parakalo means 'welcome' in Greek!
Deborah
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Abby says: I thought that it was a good book but the Hardy boys went so far from where they started I kinda lost track of the setting.
Chris Hayes
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of our favorites! Charlie loved all of Chet's scenes and had lots of questions abt his "girlfriend"
Marts  (Thinker)
Jun 14, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: hardy-boys-books
Solve a mystery involving an ancient Greek helmet
Darya Kowalski
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile
In kidspeak, it was a good book. Lots of adventure for young readers to enjoy.
PWRL
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read in 2005.
Joshua Parry
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The hardy boys look for an ancient Greek helmet. The case takes them from The East coast to the west, and back again, finally ending in Greece.
Chad Malone
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another favorite of the series always checked it and the twisted claw out of the jr high library when i was a kid. Just excellent!
Abel
Arnan
Sep 29, 2010
Catherine
Jul 02, 2014
  • The Killer Bear (Sugar Creek Gang, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Double Jinx Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #50)
  • The Lion Of The North
  • The Double Life of Pocahontas
  • The Mystery of the Laughing Shadow (Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, #12)
  • Rhubarb
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 190 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• A Quiet Life In The Country (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #1)
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Deliver Her
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter, #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Rain Girl (Franza Oberwieser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Shuddering
  • The Unseeing
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The 7th Canon
  • The Sisterhood
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bum Rap (Jake Lassiter #10)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Question of Inheritance (A Very English Mystery #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Good Neighbor
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Cater Street Hangman (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shark Skin Suite (Serge Storms #18)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Free Fall (The John Ceepak Mysteries)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Interference
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In The Market For Murder (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beggar King (The Hangman's Daughter, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Poisoned Pilgrim (The Hangman's Daughter, #4)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • End of Secrets
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Only the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Eagle Has Landed (The Liam Devlin Novels)
  • The Dressmaker's Dowry
  • The Lost Ones
  • The Halo Effect
  • The God's Eye View
  • What She Knew
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Werewolf of Bamberg (The Hangman's Daughter, # 5)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The 7th Victim: A Novel: Volume 1 (The Karen Vail Novels)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shattered Tree (Bess Crawford, #8)
  • The Dante Club
  • Grit
  • Fatal Tide
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trinity Game (The Game Trilogy Book 1)
  • Live by Night
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Story
  • The Lost Girls
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Summer (Darling Investigations #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Supreme Justice (Reeder and Rogers #1)