Start by marking “Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm” as Want to Read:
Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  418 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
For sophmore, junior, senior, and MBA-level MIS and Information Systems courses. These authoritative authors continue to define the MIS course by integrating coverage of essential new technologies, their applications, and their impact on managerial decisions.
Hardcover, Ninth Edition, 736 pages
Published March 1st 2005 by Prentice Hall (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Management Information Systems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Management Information Systems

Mauricio
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Un libro de estudio muy aburrido y cajonero cuya intención es dejar claro cómo utilizar la tecnología y los sistemas de información como un medio para producir más dinero en una empresa. Repite toda la teoría clásica de los sistemas de información, aunque actualmente sea poco útil aplicarla. Tiene bastantes casos y ejemplos de la vida real, aunque casi siempre son de empresas transnacionales demasiado grandes y con mucho dinero. Esto se aleja de la realidad de los administradores de empresas que ...more
Lindsay
Mar 27, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a fairly decent textbook for a topic I knew really not much about before taking my MIS class. The writing style was engaging. But I did find the review questions and the case study questions to be fairly elementary for a master's class. They actually reminded me a lot of sixth-grade level questions. But, the case studies were interesting and practical, and it was interesting to see definitions and examples for things we use or do every day but don't think about.
Anna
Jan 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dit is een slecht boek.

Een paar citaten:
Als je verstandige keuzes maakt, kan je bedrijf concurrenten voorbijstreven. Als je onverstandige keuzes maakt, zal je waardevol bedrijfskapitaal verkwisten.

Door op de gemarkeerde tekst of knoppen op een webpagina te klikken, kun je de link naar gerelateerde pagina’s volgen waar aanvullende informatie, software of nog meer links naar andere pagina’s te vinden zijn. (deze editie is uit 2015)

De processen van een bedrijf kunnen een bron van concurrentiekrach
Emma Louise
Jun 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Adding another textbook because this one I actually read through properly and while it was for my study and some would argue it doesn't count, I truly think it does in this case because I read all of it.
It was rather easy to read, in some places probably a bit wordy and dragged on, and made reference to a couple of things I felt were irrelevant now like old Mac operating systems and MS-DOS. I think it could have mentioned obsolete things such as these and perhaps not spent so much time on them.
L
Kopec
Oct 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you know nothing of information systems, this book can provide a decently solid foundation on which to build intellectual comprehension. I find that many textbooks suffer from ridiculous amount of clip art. Mostly generic images and the cliche 'one of every colour' business employees pretending to do some important board meeting. This book has cut back on such trivialities and only diagrams of actual merit.
Saanu Satti
Sep 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
xyz
Joe
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was the assigned text book for a graduate course. The concepts in the book cover a lot of the areas and information under modern IT. This title seems to be updated frequently, so if you get the latest version, it shouldn't feel dated.

The case studies in the book relate extremely well for the chapter topic. Most are interesting and usually are of a known company, or a known technology that a company adopts.

If you want to just get a nice picture of what types of technologies companies
Vivian Thomas
Mar 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mba
Sorry Goodreads things aren't going to be like they used to be. Its been great, but there's someone else in my life now. No, its not you, its me. We sure had some real good times together. Maybe I'll see you around...
Joseph
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my textbook for my upcoming summer class. This is also the reason I haven't finished Myths America Lives By yet.

Not a bad intro to the topic, but, as often happens with textbooks, I can't imagine reading it without it being required for class.
Athman Fadhili
I use it for teaching. It's a good reference for MIS students.
Agha
Aug 21, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
gud
Murshidul
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Got very good basic ideas about the importance of Management Information Systems in a business environment
Grumpylibrarian
Sep 30, 2008 rated it it was ok
Management Principles & Operations, only moderately useful
Nic
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Textbook for my MIS master's class...not bad, but not appropriate for the class.
Nur Fadilla Octavianasari
well yeah managing systems and stuff, don't forget about supply chain management, costumer relationship management too!
Mary Ellenor
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is really a helpful book for students.
jungrani
Mar 31, 2010 rated it liked it
buku jaman kuliah rek :D
Rebekka Steg
Decent, gives a lot of examples and the cd-rom that comes with it is very helpful.
Nivas
Feb 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: b-school
MIS textbook
Shaima
I honestly didn't like this so much, mainly because I don't like MIS that much. The book was informative, but some information could have been said in a few paragraphs which annoyed me
Fredrick
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This can equip you with the requisite knowledge for information systems and even beyond
Rachel Bayles
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: professional
Interesting case studies. Well-laid out. Good, basic overview.
Neveen Badr (Seraphina Reads)
I need this book for collage; I really want it so bad :(
Dursunmms
dsfsfd
Angela
Decent information, nicely current, but not very... intelligent.
  • The Strategy Process
  • Business Research Methods
  • The Entrepreneurial Mindset: Strategies for Continuously Creating Opportunity in an Age of Uncertainty
  • Business Analysis and Valuation: Using Financial Statements, Text and Cases
  • Managerial Accounting: Creating Value in a Dynamic Business Environment
  • Windows 7 For Dummies
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

• Maude
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $8.24 $1.99
  • The Pastor: A Memoir
  • Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health
    $14.95 $2.99
  • Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour
  • Working with Emotional Intelligence
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis