Start by marking “Reinvention: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life” as Want to Read:
Reinvention: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life

Reinvention: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  207 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
From success expert Brian Tracy...a guide for anyone looking for success, fulfillment, and a fresh start!
Published January 5th 2009 by Amacom Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Reinvention, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reinvention

Sam
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A catena of all of Brian Tracy's great works. Absolutely inspiring!
Poppy99
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I bought this online. If i had seen it in a bookshop and flicked through I would have seen that this was not what I was looking for. I feel the need to change my life, many aspects of it but this book is very business/work orientated. There are always pearls you can glean from all books and there are some in here but it really did not live up to the title. Some contradictory stuff too. On one page says produce high quality work at all times, nobody remembers how fast you produced it, just the qu ...more
Leslie Graff
May 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to assume this book was written before the recession as he repeatedly claims that this is the best time in all of history to find your ideal career and get rich. Ugh. He starts with "idealization" i.e. Oprah's "The Secret" and ends with excessive platitudes like "work an extra two hours a day to be successful" and "ask your boss for more responsibility." I mean, c'mon. Full of clearly made up statistics without a reference in sight. Just ugh, ugh, ugh. I had to read it through just to ...more
Dujo
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tracy keeps putting out books with the exact same content under different titles. There are times where it's almost word for word the same info as his "Ultimate Goals Program" and "
No Excuses!" The only real difference between this and the other two is a section about finding a new job.

Also, he tends to throw out a lot of statistics without backing it up. Did you know 80% of people who think about donuts always eat donuts on Thursdays? No? Probably cuz I just made that up. That's the kind of shi
Laura Lynch
Brian Tracy is a well respected name in the success and self help genre.

I have read a number of his articles and books. Mr. Tracy’s style is clean and concise. In an easy to read straightforward manner he outlines steps for success.

His book "Reinvention" has all of these elements and guides the reader through
1) How to identify what is important
2) How to take control of your career
3) How to targeting the job you really want
4) How to turn the unexpected into an opportunity
5) How to increase earni
Kat
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Brian Tracy book and I had high hopes but was disappointed. This book should've been called how to work harder at your job. He gives exercises in the beginning and a little pep talk on reinventing yourself but the rest of the book is about finding a job or getting promoted. He focuses so much on wanting you to do better and learn new skills but if change is constant, as he says, basically you will never be good enough. This book just really lacked a big picture for me. Good for ...more
Vaishali
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
YOU JUST CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS OUT ON WHAT BRIAN TEACHES. It's brilliance. This book is mostly a rehash of his other books and concepts, but each time you experience Brian Tracy, the lessons sink in deeper. I found Chapter 6 astonishing... provided a real breakthrough for me, but for others another chapter may be more valuable. At any rate, I am so grateful to live in an era where Brian is among us. It's revolutionized how I think and work.
JP
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This excellent motivational book summarizes a lot of his earlier works with a focus on re-creating your future from where you are right now. For my own needs, it had a bit too much on job searches and time management, but the latter may be because I just read some of his other works on this topic. I would recommend this book to anyone thinking "where to from here."
Rhett
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book exceeded my expectations. It almost summarized some of his earlier works and some of material from others in the industry (like Awaken the Giant Within). Some reviews that I read were negative for that reason, I kind of liked it though. Nothing groundbreaking but a really good reminder and summary of a TON of great principles and thing you can do to progress.
Lisa
Feb 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone thinking of a career/life change
Shelves: career, non-fiction
This book made me focus on quite a few topics I had not wanted to think about or had not considered prior to reading it. The questions and space for writing in answers was very helpful. I'm just beginning my change process and will be referring back to this book over the next few months as I tackle my goals.
Michael
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like Brian Tracy's stuff, but I really wish he could come up with some original material sometimes. Pages upon pages upon pages are cut and pasted word-for-word from other books of his. Even the anecdotes, quotes, and stories are the same. C'mon Brian, you can do better than that! Can't you? All this talk about personal excellence and he really seems to be mailing it in.
Zach Amberbud
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I believe that Brian Tracy is one of the best people who know what time management really is. Every accomplished little thing brings feeling of accomplishment that motivates you. Planning is control, and planning is motivation. Be in control of your life.
D.M. Dutcher
You could call this "Generic Self-Help book" and you wouldn't be far off target. It gives okay, but cliche advice that has the decency to avoid fads but repeats itself far too often for its length. Also it's kind of silly to put "fill in the blanks" in a Kindle ebook.
Ralitsa Raycheva
Обичам съветите в книгата. Всички ги знаем,но не ги прилагаме....
John
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the rapid changes in the work place the average person will have 11 full time jobs lasting 2 years or more & as many as 4 or 5 careers.
Gopal Katragadda
This is more about how to be more productive and better @ your work and career rather than reinvention. Decent read.
Waseem
Jul 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty good book, abit too career oriented for me, but principles are good nevertheless even for a
self employed person or business owner type entrepreneur

Waseem Mirza
Sep 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Seven Years to Seven Figures: The Fast-Track Plan to Becoming a Millionaire
  • My Orange Duffel Bag: A Journey to Radical Change
  • The Think Big Manifesto: Think You Can't Change Your Life (and the World?) Think Again.
  • The Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance
  • The Mom & Pop Store: True Stories from the Heart of America
  • People Are Idiots and I Can Prove It!: The 10 Ways You Are Sabotaging Yourself and How You Can Overcome Them
  • 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • Workarounds That Work: How to Conquer Anything That Stands in Your Way at Work
  • People Buy You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Business
  • Building Mental Muscle: Conditioning Exercises for the Six Intelligence Zones
  • The Wikipedia Revolution: How a Bunch of Nobodies Created the World's Greatest Encyclopedia
  • Why Sh*t Happens: The Science of a Really Bad Day
  • The Time Trap
  • The EFT Manual
  • The New Global Student: Skip the SAT, Save Thousands on Tuition, and Get a Truly International Education
  • The Way We'll Be: The Zogby Report on the Transformation of the American Dream
  • The Velveteen Principles: A Guide to Becoming Real; Hidden Wisdom from a Children's Classic
  • The Disciplined Mind: Beyond Facts and Standardized Tests, the  K-12 Education That Every Child Deserves
22033
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.

Brian Tracy has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 2
More about Brian Tracy...

“the better you think , the better decisions you make . the better decisions you make , the better actions you take . the better actions you take , the better results you get ” 23 likes
“it's impossible to remain angry or blame other people for problems in your life when you are saying , "I am responsible” 20 likes