Start by marking “Hell Hath No Fury (The City, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hell Hath No Fury (The City, #1)

Hell Hath No Fury (The City #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  620 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Mortals call it Hell, Lucifer calls it The City. It’s a land of good and evil, and Lu is the mayor. He didn’t ask for the job, but someone with some sense needs to keep order, and after going against Archangel Law, Lu knows he must pay the price.

Though his crime may have cost him his Heavenly home, when trouble shows up in The City, his brothers send Lu reinforcement in t
Published February 2nd 2010 by Resplendence Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hell Hath No Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell Hath No Fury

Betryal
Feb 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Wow. This story put one hellova spin and twist on the whole Lucifer being the devil and ruler of Hell. A story like this would be a better spin to what the bible teaches. The mere idea that Lucifer or better known as Lu in this book, the Almighty Sinner, falls for Dominic who I think is supposed to be angelic is a really great lip licking, lusting after story.

Enjoyed in immensely. Now I'd like to read Nick and Baz's story. Please Carol. I'm going to beg here!
Chad
May 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chad by: Pick it for me challenge on Male Male Romance group.
A great start to a fantastic series by Carol Lynne. Very well written and the words just flowed like fine wine, Carol Lynne here's hoping for more books in this series than just 4 :-)
Raji
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Originally reviewed on my blog

What would you do if you find out that the proverbial Hell isn't what was touted to be? Lucifer, or Lu, as he likes to be called, loves his City. He knows that the reason he was banished from Heaven was legit. He knows he is safe here because he gives people what they want and what they need - with every kind of culinary pleasures, carnal pleasures, night clubs etc. But when there is a threat to his life due to his past, the Heaven sends a team of bodyguards to prot
Mandapanda
Dec 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: various-romance
I really struggled to see what others enjoyed about this short story.
Jaime
May 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
What an interesting take on the whole heaven and hell scenario. I rather like the idea that the only reason people end up in hell is because they think they belong there. It sits better with me than that avenging, judging God thing I grew up with and never really had much use for....

....Right from the start, this book sets out to be something just a little to the left of center and as far as the world building goes, Ms. Lynne has succeeded beautifully. Everything presented is grounded in the myt
Cole Riann
Wickedly sexy! This mood of this story reminds me a bit of the Soul Mates Series by Jourdan Lane, which I love. It is short, and a relatively uncomplicated plot when it comes down to it. In fact, the Ambrosoios plotline turns out to be not quite as satisfying as it is set up to be, in my opinion. That didn't lesson my enjoyment of the book, however.

This is a light, sexy, and fun read. I'll definitely continue reading the series.
Shannon
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a cute but not very involved story. I loved loved loved Lu which upped it a star for me. The sex was hot, but had no tension or build up. Interesting take on Heaven and Hell and the Archangels. Pretty good start to a series. I'm sure I'll continue.
Lisa
Loved this story.
I loved Lu. With the wave of a hand he dresses, undresses. God forbid you see him in his fuzzy pj bottoms drinking strawberry milk.
An interesting take on Hell and why Lu was banished from Heaven in the first place.
I will certainly be carrying on with the series.
Drew Salas
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed the story, but it really didn't pull in like I wanted it to.
  • Tooth & Nail (Warder #2)
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)
  • Enraptured (Kaldor Saga, #1)
  • Freeze Frame (Faerily Imperfect, #3)
  • Heartsong (Fae, #2)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Treacherous Sun (Nu Hayven Chronicles, #1)
  • Through the Red Door (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #2)
  • Sursein Judgment
  • Dark Side of the Veil (Dark Court, #1)
  • Relentless (Southwestern Shifters #2)
  • Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire (Immortal Pleasures, #1)
  • Hell Cop
  • Falling (Bad Angels, #1)
  • Primal Passions (Lost Shifters #1)
  • Lone
  • Lust & Vamp (Anything Goes #2)
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

The City (4 books)
  • Ice Water in Hell (The City, #2)
  • Hell On  Wheels (The City, #3)
  • Storming Hell's Gate (The City, #4)