Start by marking “She Came to Live Out Loud: An Inspiring Family Journey Through Illness, Loss, and Grief” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Prologue "Learning"

THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

There's an elephant in the room. It is large and squatting, so it is hard to get around it. Yet we squeeze by with "How are you?" and "I'm fine."..and a thousand other forms of trivial chatter. We talk about the weather. We talk about work. We talk about everything else -- except the elephant in the room. There's an elephant in
Published February 18th 1999 by Scribner Book Company (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about She Came to Live Out Loud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Came to Live Out Loud

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of She Came to Live Out Loud: An Inspiring Family Journey Through Illness, Loss, and Grief
Discoverylover
Jan 07, 2009 marked it as released-or-to-release-without-read
(From Amazon) "Acclaimed author and journalist Myra MacPherson takes the reader on a remarkably intimate journey into the world of Anna, a vibrant young woman, as she and her family live with dying. Threaded through this personal tapestry are vital information and guidance needed by each of us when struggling with great stress and grief. It teaches us all how to be stronger friends for those we love who have a limited time to live.

Anna was wise and witty, brave and boisterous MacPherson spent
Kerrie O'hagan
May 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I heard the author interviewed on NPR and was drawn to this true story of a family and the issues they faced dealing with a loved one with a limited time to live. She discussed the fact that when we find out news like this it becomes the elephant in the room. In this book she reveals the very intimate moments among a family who want to share their experience with the elephant. The story is told delicately, openly and with tenderness and love.
Sherri
Nov 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The book was a journey of living through a terminal disease. It showed how a person spirit prevails over some of the most unfortunate of circumstances. I cried and cheered wishing for the best outcome.
May 05, 2010
LZ
Mar 04, 2018
McPhaul M.
Dec 01, 2018
Fifth book to be published March 4. The Scarlet Sisters: Six Suffrage and Scandal in the Gilded Age.The reads-like-fiction true story of VIctoria Woodhull and Tennie Claflin, Free Lovers who shocked the world and upset the white male power structure fighting for women's equality everywhere--from the board room to the bedroom--in the 1870's.

I was a long time reporter for the Washington Post and