Start by marking “Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)” as Want to Read:
Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)

Tanner's Scheme

(Breeds #8)

A sexy paranormal series set in a world where genetically altered Breeds and the humans who created them sometimes come together in the fiercest of passions.

After the Feline Breeds' main base is attacked, Tanner desires revenge. So he kidnaps Scheme Tallant-the daughter of a one-time high-ranking member of the Genetics Council. But when Tanner discovers that Scheme herse
Mass Market Paperback, 330 pages
Published August 7th 2007 by Berkley Sensation (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tanner's Scheme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tanner's Scheme

Start your review of Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
Sophia Triad
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breeds 9
Feline Breeds 7
Location: Virginia Mountains – Feline Breeds’ base

Featured Couple: Tanner (Bengal Tiger) & Scheme (human)

This is the story of Tanner and his girl, Scheme.
Tanner is one of the five Breeds from the first book “Taming the beast” who helped the Breeds’ story to go public. Now he is basically the Breed's PR poster boy.

Scheme is the daughter of one the high-ranking members of the Genetics Council, General Tallant. Thus when Feline base goes through a big attack initiated by Ge
Dina
One of my favorite books in the series!

I loved the fact that Tanner and Scheme were in love BEFORE the mating heat hit them. I had a very bad moment when I thought a ménage scenario was going to take place but, thankfully, it was a false alarm. I wasn´t comfortable with the "watching" thing either, but I let it slide. Yeah, that´s how much I loved this book! :)

The identity of the bad guys´ spy infiltrated inside the Sanctuary took me completely by surprise, and made me want to reread the previou
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Tanner and Scheme are a perfect match. They’re grrrrrrreat!

Tanner is a Bengal Breed and an enforcer who has been keeping an eye on Scheme Tallant for more than 10 years. Ever since she became an assistant to her father Cyrus Tallent, a one-time high ranking member of the Genetics Council and now an advocate for anti-breed politics.

What Tanner doesn’t know is that ever since Scheme’s father had his right hand man use her by getting her to fall in love with him, then when she got pregnant, both o
Alex is The Romance Fox
This book had been lying around for awhile until I decided if I wanted to read another Breed Series of which there are quite a few by other authors.
Although I have read Lora Leigh’s erotic books published by Ellora’s Cave, which I absolutely love, I had never read any of her other books.
Tanner’s Scheme is the 3rd book in the Breed Series and I would have liked reading them in order but I was able to catch up with some of the previous stories and WOW….was this a hot smoking read!!!!!!!!!
Tanner i
Denise H.
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** Love, love, love a Lora Leigh "Breed" story ! ***

I have read the whole series, and was never let down !

Amazing characters, super hot men, steamy, sizzling sex, and lots of action !

ENJOY !
Zeek
Feb 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-pnr, pnr
When it comes to Lora Leigh's breeds I've found people either love `em or hate `em. I happen to fall in the former catagory myself and when I received (and read!) my copy of the Leigh's latest installment, Tanner's Scheme, the day of it's release- I just loved them even more!

In Tanner's Scheme, we get the same hot and wild sex, with a bit more advancement of the plot to destroy the genetically engineered breeds.

Scheme Tallant is the daughter of much hated General Tallant, a man who wants the bre
Sofia
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really wicked!!I understand that twins are close but who could imagine this.Not that Tanner and Scheme are twins but Tanner and Cabal really share everything.Poor Scheme doesn't even know what she got herself into...

Tanner has spied Scheme for ten years before meating her face to face.He thinks he knows her but he is very wrong.When her former lover tries to kill her,after a direct order from her own father,Tanner saves her and thus "kidnaps" her.While they spent time together he learns the reas
Kari Kaz
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm having fun with this series but some of them are starting to sound the same.
Lyndi W.
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
First let me say that the plot is A+. I really enjoyed the skeleton of the story... the concept, I guess. That being said, I have a lot of complaints.

SPOILER WARNING - I'm about to site specific examples and while I don't necessarily discuss the outcome of the events, some people might not want to know any of the events. Consider this your RAGE WARNING and LANGUAGE WARNING as well, because I'm about to go apeshit on this book.

1. For somebody that was trained to show no weakness and knew how impo
Jane Stewart
I did not like two of the plot developments.

The characters were ok and other plot developments were ok, but on balance, I wouldn’t recommend it unless the reader is in love with the series. The characters and sex scenes were very similar to other breed books.

This is Book 2 of The Breed series which is an offshoot of the Feline Breeds series. The Genetics Council used genetic experimentation to create humans with animal DNA, called Breeds. The Breeds were tortured, experimented upon and kept in c
Lover of Romance
I am still completely amazed by how well Lora Leigh writes her stories, she is such a riveting author where her exciting stories just come to life; and and draws the reader into a whirlwind of passion, adventure and classick love stories that will pull at your heartstrings. the Characters: Tanner and Scheme are also deeply portrayed. Scheme has suffered greatly under the hands of her father and his minons. Scheme wants to do everything in her power to destroy him, but she knows she has to find e ...more
L8blmr
Jun 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the Breeds series
Recommended to L8blmr by: Shellie (Daisiemae)
Wow - this one was intense! I don't have to tell anyone who's read any of Leigh's Breeds sagas what the premise is; the hero in this story is a Bengal, alpha+. The book included a fair amount of descriptions of tortures and beatings, which is a turn-off to some. The thing that bothered me a little was the almost constant "Should I trust him? Yes, I DO trust him! Oh, no, no man can be trusted...", and from the hero "Is she guilty of these bad deeds? No, she can't be. But is she partially responsi ...more
Quinn
I know lots of readers think of Lora Leigh's Breeds series as a guilty pleasure, but here's one not to feel guilty about at all. Tanner's Scheme can strand proudly alongside any 'mainstream' paranormal romance. This is one of the best books of the series to date.

In fact, the only problem I had with this book was the heroine's name. Scheme? Really? Oh well... I've read the Black Dagger Brotherhood so what the hell. Also, the names Tanner and Tallent were a little too similar for my liking. But si
Lovemesomelove
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Mojca
For the past eight years, Scheme Tallant has led a double life as the assistant to her father, General Cyrus Tallant, a member of the Genetics Council, and as a spy for the Feline Breeds. Only the man who recruited her, Jonas Wyatt, knows the truth and her cover doesn't make her a popular person in the Breed community...But now Scheme's life is at risk because her father has realized her game and ordered her killed.

Tanner Reynolds, the golden PR boy for the Breed community, has had his eye on Sc
Willow Brook
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a re-read, the first I've done of Lora Leigh and I was happy to find that Tanner's Scheme is still one of my favorites by her. Tanner is the deceptively carefree Bengal Breed and Scheme the deceptively supportive daughter to one of the Breed's arch enemies, Cyrus Tallant. Her father tortured and killed countless breeds in secret labs before they found freedom. Tallant and others continue to threaten the Breeds' very existance.

For 10 years, Tanner has been drawn to Scheme, not understand
PepperP0t
Scheme Tallant planned to both defy and destroy her father, Cyrus, by handing all his files on breed testing and the secret labs to Jonas Wyatt. Cyrus concluded Scheme's decision to betray him cut their family ties. Tanner Reynolds, former enforcer and resident Breed playboy and PR rep, believes the Scheme presented as Cyrus' daughter in more ways than one. And he's fascinated but so is she.

Tanner's tired of swallowing his need for vengeance against the council. Scheme would make as good a sacri
Gus
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
suzy
I first read this book over 11 years ago and at the time really enjoyed the series, at the time I rated it five stars. I’m sorry to say my tastes have completely changed, this rating is for the audible version, the narrator was simply awful, Scheme came across as a winer and a moaner and Tanner’s character wasn’t much better. I used to love alpha males who claimed their mates and said “MINE”, but not anymore, he took, just because she was his mate!!, and after stating for half the book he didn’t ...more
Lindap
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.50 / 4 Stars

I'm going to start off with a pet peeve of mine. I'm not crazy about male names for women or overtly strange ones. Scheme's name made me roll my eyes. Okay...now for the story itself. I liked the breed storyline and enjoyed Tanner and Scheme's relationship. Did wonder if Tanner's twin brother would end up in the mix.
April
Tanner has long been a book crush for me!! So happy to see him get his mate! I was sorta hoping for a menage with his twin but still a great book regardless. Very intriguing story-line. As with much of the breeds you have to disregard foreshadowing that never follows through!
Jill
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: breed-series
this book made me wish that my husband called me pretty girl...... sigh.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
I actually really liked this one. I know some have disliked it, but I thoroughly enjoyed every word. I fell in love with Tanner in this book, though I REALLY fell in love with Cabal, too. Plus Scheme was entertaining. Stubborn, but for good reasons which made it an excellent book, instead of annoying. Plus seriously sexy scenes. Just awesome.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Almost gave this book 2 stars.

I'm all for reading the erotic moments in a book, but this one almost had too many to the detriment of moving the story forward.

It only redeemed itself towards the end.
Elizabeth Mckernan
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book love this author love this series
Christyn
I had some mixed feelings while reading Tanner's Scheme. I believe I may have read one of the breed books several years ago and I think I would've been better off reading the series in order to get more of a back story but it wasn't too hard to pick up. There were parts of the story that didn't sit all to well with me and others I enjoyed. Let's start with the good things first:

1) It was hot. And sometimes that's what you want, If you like your stories with a heavy dose of sex this is for you.
Kathy
Tina
May 01, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
This is the first of the Breed novels by Lora Leigh that I've read. It is probably not the best place to start as it is several books within the series and there is a lot of background where some previous knowledge is assumed.

Having said that is was quite easy to pick up the general background. Breeds were created as a half animal/half human experiment in creating super soldiers. Thinking they'd have controllable animals/pets to do their bidding, the Genetics Council got a surprise to learn that
Moondance
General Cyrus Tallant sat in his office with only his desk lamp for light, his gaze trained tearfully on the picture he held in his hand.

Scheme Tallant is Cyrus' daughter and works along him with the Genetic Council. Tanner Reynolds is Breed, a Bengal tiger, that works under Jonas Wyatt. Tanner has been watching Scheme for ten years waiting for an opportunity to neutralize her not knowing that she has been working for Jonas.

Scheme understands the true evil that resides in her father. She has see
Sandra
Feb 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #11.5; Feline Breeds, #9; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Justice (New Species, #4)
  • Shadow (New Species, #9)
  • Valiant (New Species, #3)
  • True (New Species, #11)
  • Tiger (New Species, #7)
  • Darkness (New Species, #12)
  • Fury (New Species, #1)
  • Brawn (New Species, #5)
  • Numbers (New Species, #14)
  • Moon (New Species, #10)
  • Smiley (New Species, #13)
  • Reckless Road (Torpedo Ink #5)
  • Slade (New Species, #2)
  • Wrath (New Species, #6)
  • Obsidian (New Species, #8)
  • Romancing Drew (Psy-Changeling #14.1)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Breeds (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #9; Wolf Breeds, #3)
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #10; Wolf Breeds, #4)
  • Dawn's Awakening (Breeds, #11; Feline Breeds, #8)