Start by marking “Trust Me (First Kisses Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Trust Me (First Kisses Series #1)

Trust Me (First Kisses #1)

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  2,383 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Oh. No. This can't be happening. Me and Sean Reed? "Trust Partners" for the entire counselors-in-training program? Sean may have deep blue eyes that make my heart flutter whenever he looks at me, but he's always been a troublemaker. Being thrown together all summer? That is so not going to work. Even if he "does" have a really, really nice smile.

Trust me on this.
Published December 26th 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Trust Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust Me

Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a series titled, First Kisses, readers pretty much know where this story is headed. Haha….But for me it is the fun, flirty, suspense before the kiss that makes it special. Rachel Hawthorne captures that “does-she-like-me-will-he-kiss-me” flutter in your belly perfectly! :D

We meet Jessica (Jess) and Sean at summer camp counselor training week. Woods, camp fires, crafts, hiking, truth or dare games, and rivalries. Can Jess and Sean learn to put past tensions, practical jokes, and hurt feeling
Desirée
Fue entretenido, cortito y se lee rápido, muy juvenil.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Jess had an amazing summer all lined up. She's finally old enough to be a counselor with all her friends at summer camp. Now, she's just found out that her partner for training week is Sean, her nemesis. Every time she thinks that he's nice, he does something drastic to change her opinion of him. This summer, she won't let herself trust him, no matter how cute he's gotten.

With all the other counselors pairing off, Jess and Sean must find a way to
Tabatha
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people looking for a light, easy read.
So, don't get me wrong.. I did like this book. Only, was I the only one thinking the ending was a little.. Empty? I was kind of disappointed if I'm honest. Because I may not be entirely sure of what exactly I was expecting but I'm pretty sure that it was something more grin-worthy. 'You know what I'm saying?'

Well anyways, more to this review later.

Over & Out, T xx
Ipshita ♥ Miss Romanceaholic
This was exactly the light, fun and stress-relieving read that I needed.

I loved the MC and Sean. The short but sweet plot.
What I don't understand is why they've included a picture of a dog on the cover when there's no dog anywhere in the book?
Jianne
Trust Me is such a great example of young love at its simplest and finest. Trust Me is such a cute and full-of-never-ending-giggles type of book that will give you uttermost butterflies flying inside your dear stomachs and will total make you remember your experience at first love.

And so they claim.

The Summary

Jess is paired up with her total arch-nemesis, Sean Reed for her counselors-in-training camp. Her rivalry started four years ago, when Sean played those nasty tricks on her, cheated and cal
Avon Bernabe
3.5 stars!

THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL.

Trust is definitely the issue in this book. It makes sense.
Though it is too short that I was wishing that it didn't end so abruptly. I was looking for more.
I wanna give this 4stars but I was hoping for...more. I can't pinpoint what, though. Mybe the lack of romance between the two leads. I was left hanging though it was pretty clear what happened in the emd.

Nevertheless, this is still a good book that will teach you the real meaning of trust.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This was such a cute story about a girl learning to take life as it comes and to not judge a book (or person) by it's cover.
This story was pretty short but it didn't feel too short at all. The characters were all very loveable and fun and it was nice to see them grow through out the story.
Definitely a heart warming story about first love, trusting others and giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Alicia
Dec 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
It was a cute book about how 2 people who can loathe each other and then as they are forced to work together, they realize that have more in common with each other. Quick read.
Sagal
This book is amazing. At first it has a dull beinning but as the story progresses it becomes harder to put down. Obviously it is written by my favorite author Rachel Hawthorne. So I'm a big fan.
Tiffany
This could have been a really cute story but I was just thrown by the fact that the main characters just turned 14. I guess it is a clean story for 14 year old girls.
Mya
Nov 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AAAAAWWWWW what a sweet romance makes you kinda jealous
Manisha
Another wonderful teen romance book by Rachel Hawthorne. Fourteen-year-old Jessica "Jess" Kane, and her best friend, Elizabeth "Liz" Stewart have spent the last four years at Camp Lone Star as lowly campers. But this year, the two pals want to be seen as more mature and responsible - and be noticed by some of the adorable older camp counselors. So they decide to attend Camp Lone Star as something slightly different...counselors. Sure, it won't be all fun and games, because the two will be watchi ...more
Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader)
C.U.T.E.

I think it captures teens and their antics and their perception of one another just perfectly.

I LOVE Sean.. can totally get why Jess crushed on him.. He reminds me with some of the boys I liked while growing up.. they infuriated me with their apparent thoughtless behaviours.. but when I got to know them on a more personal level.. They turned out to be deeper than I thought and we even remain good friends till this day.

Jessica doesn't trust Sean.. and for a good reason.. and I really like
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
Jessica Kane is excited to be a counselor at Camp Lone Star. She’ll get to have authority and hopefully snag herself a male counselor. She thinks everything is going to be great until she sees Sean Reed. Jessica can’t stand him ever since he cheated in the capture the flag competition that the camp has every year and her team had always won until then. She’s gets even madder when she finds out that he’s her trust partner.
They are constantly fighting and getting punishment because they don’t tru
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
The question is: What don't I love about this book?

It was a quick, straightforward, fun read that I just had to finish off before heading out to work - which means - I'm running low on sleep O_O

But it was worth it!!

Jess has some major trust issues - but who could blame her? Especially when her young heart had has been jumping for Sean recently - a liar and a cheat as well as a prankster when it comes to her.

Whereas Sean is just sweet, fun, laid-back kind of dude - and very loyal - even if that
Pamela Hubbard
Jessica is extremely excited about being a counselor at camp this year, instead of just a camper. In the summer before starting high school, she wants to catch the eye of a gorgeous guy and have more freedom and responsibility. Unfortunately, during the one week counselor training, Jessica is paired with Sean to complete trust exercises. Sean and Jessica have been enemies for years and Jessica can't trust Sean to be serious, to treat her well, or to be honest. But as the week goes on, they both ...more
Bekah Wood
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being in high school, and also being relatively mature with my choice of books, I was surprised that I wasn't annoyed by the pure innocence of the book. It took me back to eighth grade and the amount of curiosity and innocent persona that makes "first kisses" so special. I wouldn't be surprised if I read the rest of the series, for it made me feel that pureness and the anxiety of learning how to grow in not just the sense of becoming who you are meant to be, but also the sense in how to react wi ...more
Purnima
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because everything happens over the course of two weeks. Kyle sees Emma always at her worst, first when she has a mud pack over her face, then when she's in sweaty pigtails then after she's been dunked into dunk tank by her brothers. Thing is, she's also been giving him advice as Dear Daisy but neither one of them know who the other is. Its a great beach read :) I started reading this but couldn't stop and so I stayed up through until midnight to finish this book. it was ...more
Natalie Juszko
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, this was the cutest book ever. I loved it a lot! Sean was a sweetheart. Although, for some reason I imagined them 17 or something, but that's okay. 14 years old is alright. I mean I'm 15..but then again...I've never really had a boyfriend or anything yet, so, Idk. I suppose everyone's different(:
Natalie
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh my, this was the cutest book ever.
I loved it alot! Sean was the sweetest.
Although, for some reason I imagined them 17 or something, but that's okay. 14 years old is alright. I mean I'm 15..but then again...I've never really had a boyfriend or anything yet, so...Idk, everyone's different I guess.
Catalina Sennett
Sep 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoy all of Rachel hawthornes novels. And while this one was geared toward a younger age range, it was still a fast fun read. I was reminded of Sleepaway Girls while reading it, because it was based on summer camp counseling and what not. Fans of harper teen romances will enjoy this.
Natalie Juszko
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh my, this was the cutest book ever.
I loved it a lot! Sean was the sweetest.
Sita
Nov 20, 2011 marked it as to-read-or-not-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm. I liked The Boyfriend Game... Maybe I should read the first, first. Oh well. I'm still undecided. Who knows if it's even any good.

description

Kinda how I currently feel. So should I read it or not??? C'mon I need help deciding. I'm really weak willed!
Sara
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: googleplay-books
Awww that was so cute! A real pain to find this in ebook, any format, but in the end Google Play Books helped me. I can't believe there isn't a kindle format on Amazon or ePub anywhere else I searched.
Anyway, this book was really cute and I liked Sean a lot. Disappointed that there wasn't more kissing of Sean and Jess. And the story was really short. But still a good read.
syazana kamsari
Nice book...Trust is a key value with Sean and Jess in this story.From their past history between each other,Jess refuses to trust Sean even when they were put as partners in their summer camp!Well you just have to trust someone,even if you don't want to.
Shanna
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i almost didn't read this bc i thought it was going to be stupid. i hate the cover. it's about a middle school aged girl so i thought it wasn't really going to interest me but it did. it was a very good story line.
Apr 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I didn't realize the characters were so young when I bought the “First Kiss” series, but the story ended up being really cute. And despite the ten year age gap I thought Sean sounded SO charming. I would have crushed on him in middle school!
Husnaa
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, awesome
What a fluffy, light hearted read. Simply awesome. I def give this book 4 stars for being outstanding. It's not like complete Young Adult with full on romance but it was very light and easy to read. A good quick book to read when in a hurry.
Marj
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3 1/2 Stars – I usually love Rachel Hawthorne’s books, but this one was aimed more for pre-teens so the story is a bit juvenile. I would have rated this a 4 except the girl was too stubborn. Very quick read though, i think i finished this in less than 2 hours.
pdf book 1 4 Aug 15, 2012 09:57AM
  • It Had to Be You (First Kisses, #4)
  • Puppy Love (First Kisses, #3)
  • The Boyfriend Trick (First Kisses, #2)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Love at First Click (First Kisses, #6)
  • Getting Lost with Boys
  • Save the Date
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • The Best Girl
  • Sleepless
  • The Oracle of Dating (The Oracle of Dating, #1)
  • Rhymes with Cupid
  • Swoon at Your Own Risk
  • Snow in Love
  • Second Kiss (Second Kiss, #1)
  • In Your Room
aka Jade Parker and also writes with her son as J.A. London
(also writes romance under Lorraine Heath)

Rachel Hawthorne, who also writes as Lorraine Heath and Jade Parker, is the daughter of a British beauty (her mother won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® during which she received a kiss from Caesar Romero-who played the Joker on the old Batman TV series) and a Texan who w
More about Rachel Hawthorne...

First Kisses (6 books)
  • The Boyfriend Trick (First Kisses, #2)
  • Puppy Love (First Kisses, #3)
  • It Had to Be You (First Kisses, #4)
  • The Boyfriend Game (First Kisses, #5)
  • Love at First Click (First Kisses, #6)