Start by marking “My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality #1)” as Want to Read:
My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality #1)

My Shifter Showmance

(Shifting Reality #1)

A Shifter, A Vampire and A Demon walk into a bar

Shifting Reality, Book 1

Thomas Lyons is your average cat shifter. Cool, seductive and bored out of his mind. With the new popularity of all things paranormal, he doesn t see why he should hide anymore. When his half-demon technophile roommate hooks him up with a computer, Thomas starts a blog announcing to the world who and
Published March 30th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2010)

Start your review of My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality #1)
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

I'd had this on my to read list for ages before I finally got round to picking it up. I wasn't expecting much,I thought it would most likely be a clichéd cheese-fest (and let's be honest - that cover is naff).

But I really enjoyed this. It had just enough of a storyline for such a short book; it was sexy, but without it being all about the sex; it was funny and it had a small bit of angst sprinkled on top too. The glimpses you get of Mac and Saint make you want to read the next books in
Karagan
My Shifter Showmance is the story of Thomas Lyons, a lion shifter. When his roommates finally have enough of Thomas's brooding about being forced to hide who and what he is, Saint- the most entertaining, loveable, and wickedly hilarious half demon I've ever met- shoves a laptop into his hands and points to the webcam.

Tadah! Shifting Reality is born, a site dedicated to the telling of the lives of Thomas, Saint, and their housemate, Mac, the loner vampire.

Soon enough, the site is forwarded to
Marianne
I loved this series of shorts, featuring three roomates; a vampire; Mac, a shifter; Thomas, and a demon; Saint, who have had enough of anonymity and start a blog that suddenly goes viral.

Of course, the world doesn't believe they're the real deal, so to convince them, a group of fans are invited to Mac's old castle in England for a week of fun and games. Whoever still remains after a week, is the winner. One of the contestants is Margo, a woman who's got the hots for the sexy Thomas Lyons (guess
Marvelous Morgan
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
He's gotten home that night railing at the Fates, going on and on until Saint had walked out of the room and brought him one of his extra computers. He'd shown him how to use the webcam and how to start a blog...It was like catnip. He'd begun to talk into the camera and, like a sinner at confession, it had all poured out.
Cute easy read. Story about 3 paranormal roommates: a cat shifterThomas; a vampireMac; and a half demonSaint. Story is mainly about Thomas who owns a blog called, Shifting
Saewod Tice
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
As I've mentioned in past reviews, I'm not a fan of 'love in 24hrs'. It's just not my forte. However, I knew it could end up a part of the deal with this paranormal romance.

This book was written beautifully and took you on a 'paranormal reality internet show'. The premise was fantastic: Production Company assistant thrown into her guilty pleasure, the internet reality show sensation "Shifting Reality". Margo, our heroine, is thrown into the most real week of her life.

R.G.'s characters are
Jennifer Mathis
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. The combination of reality tv and shifters ( two of my faviorite things) is fantastic. Just wish it was longer cause I wasn't ready to pt it down yet. Eagerly awaiting the next in the series.
Dana
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved everything about My Shifter Showmance. Had all the humor and great characters I've come to expect from R.G.Alexander...not to mention the hot romance. I can only hope this turns into a series!!!
Maria Almeida
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! this is really really good
Linda
Another sexy story about paranormal things and how to find them. Margo Sheffield has found a website that she is totally addicted to so when there is an announcement that 8 fans will be selected to join the three male characters at a Scottish castle, all expenses paid, she applies. Little does she know that the whole week is a set up by one of the characters just to entice Margo. Thomas is a cat shifter and he has his claws out for Margo. He knows no other way to reach her to see if his feelings ...more
Kathy
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shifting Reality #1
Thomas Lyons, enigmatic lion shifter and all-around smart ass is tired of hiding who he is and what he is just to blend in with humans. So, with a little help from his friends, he starts a Vlog to rant which eventually turns into an Internet sensation! When a "Shifting Reality" contest is proposed, Thomas runs with the idea in the hopes of getting a little personal, one-on-one time with his favorite fan, Margo Sheffield a.k.a. Kittysnapdragon. Will our reality star get his
ChattyChik21
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good

I had no expectations going in and was beyond pleasantly surprised this book was so good. It had such a cool take on the genre absolutely adored the chatmracters and thankfully everyone appears to get their own book yipppeee
Chrissy
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Another great short read! I'm always appreciative of the fact that I never get bored with R. G.'s books there's something for everyone and the writing is always superb :)
Coco.V
Mar 19, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/19/2020)! 🎁
Elizabeth
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a reality show I can get behind watching! Omg yum all the types of supernaturals I absolutely FLOVE. Thomas is definitely one kitty I would suffer through allergies for 😉
Kristin (These Pretty Words)
Originally reviewed on These Pretty Words.

I have such love for R.G. Alexander and her quirky little novellas. Always hot, always funnyalways just enough to get you through a quiet Saturday night. And My Shifter Showmance did not disappoint.

Margo is a buttoned up office girl, though theres a bit of naughtiness in her past. Shes fallen into lust with Thomas, the supposed lion-shifting star of an internet vlog. Shes thrown completely out of her element when she wins a contest to spend a week in
Have Coffee Need Books
I loved this book! Thomas Lyons is super yummy and the whole I idea of a guy who makes himself a vlogger based on the paranormal challenged society he has been made to conform to made for a great deal of funny. I loved Saint and Mac and I thought that the world that Alexander created was one of the funnest that I've read about in a supernatural/paranormal genre.

So Thomas Lyons has made himself an internet celebrity and has been driving his roommates crazy because he has managed to let his hobby
Calisto
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
A shifter, a demon, and a vamp share a video blog where they 'come out' to humanity. However, the more they share, the less they are believed and everyone just thinks it's a really top of the line web series, including Hollywood executive and fan, Margo. A contest to meet the super sexy bloggers puts Margo face to face with the reality of her very naughty fantasies.

I really wanted to like this more. The idea is quite clever but unfortunately it is so rushed that it falls short. We really don't
Mandy
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved the premise, I loved the characters. I loved all of it... Except the length. It was too short! I wanted more. More of the characters, more interactions, more intrigue, more sex, more, more, more. I'm not greedy or anything. :) Seriously, I'm a huge R.G. fan, really. And she writes so well. This book was enjoyable to read. I just think it could have been developed into an even longer novel.

I know, it's not a great review. But I don't have much else critical to say. Strong female lead,
Corie
Apr 02, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked this. A bit more than the 3 star rating, but not quite a 4. I liked the three guys, the roomates, Vamp, Demon and Shifter. All doing a reality blog show. I guess I am not rating this better, because I wish it was longer. Margo went on the seven day challenge, and then poof we went from day 1 to day 5. I thought there could have been so much more about the day to day. How they were trying to spook or challenge the guests, and then more on the relationship between Margo and Thomas. I was ...more
Styles
Dec 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I presume you know what the book is about. I'm letting you know what I liked or disliked about it.

The concept of this book is fresh and it was fun to read. A cast of many characters were introduced and the potential to add to the story is perfect. I hope RGA capitalizes on it.

As it is I liked the book, see the potential, but overall this particular story was just okay. The stand out of it was the groundwork prepared for more work. I'd like to see more smut (but, well - that's because I'm a smut
Ri
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, read-in-2013
Kind of stalkery on both sides, what with the voyeurism, tracking-down, hidden cameras and whatnot--but I'm not sure how that could've been helped given the set-up (a web-based reality show starring the supernatural hero [and his superfriends, who will, of course, get their own stories later]). Imagining Aidan Turner as the hero (despite the occasional reminder that the guy's meant to be tawny and leonine)--yeah, that helped.
Nicole
Love Love Love! For under 100 pages this had a lot of variety in it. Not only did I get all warm and fuzzy over it, but at times I couldn't help but laugh at a number of lines(because they were genuinely funny not absurd). I can't wait to read the next one, My Demon Saint!
Tana
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting book. Not much to go on from the description accept for guy is shifter wanting to meet human girl. that's about all I got out of the description. After reading the book there was so much more unspoken in the book. even for a short book I was really into it could feel the characters feelings project through to me. so all in all the 5 stars are well earned. hope all you guys like it also.
Erin
A cute, hot short romance.

I really liked it, and I think it's got a lot of potential. I definitely am interested in reading the next one.

I liked pretty much all the characters. Though the 'baddie' was kind of obvious. And there wasn't really any real subplot involving the baddie.

But yeah, Thomas, Saint, and Mac... (though there wasn't that much of Mac) loved them all.
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"4 out of 5 stars! For a novella it has a wonderful plot - action packed and great romance scenes!"

Read more of this review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/03/feasted-on-shifting-reality-book-1.html
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nov 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I enjoyed this story, but I really wish it were longer and more detailed. It just seemed to be missing some meat, but I did like what was there. I would love to read more about these guys and hope to see more with Mac.
Lee
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it
A fantastic premise...just not good follow thru. The story needed far more unpacking and development.

Update: I'd kill t have this book re-written and fleshed out more thoroughly. It's such a great idea that's not followed through.
E-volt
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: supernatural
The story is too short, predictable and doesn't have enough depth. It's basically all about sex. There's so much the characters can do either than shag. Tt would have been interesting to involve them more into story.
Brittnee
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is great, it has humors an it tugs on the heart strings as well. As many times as I've read it, I still laugh out loud at some of the parts an still fall in love with the three roommates as well as the main female character.
Hasien
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a fun take on the real paranormal world. It was very cute.

• Securing Piper (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #3)
  • The Alien's Seduction (Warriors of Luxiria, #7)
  • Red Sands (Warlords Of Atera, #1)
  • Ice Planet Honeymoon: Raahosh & Liz (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2.5)
  • Venomous (Alien Warrior, #1)
  • Xul (Captured by Aliens #1)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Stolen and Saved (Savage Warriors, #2)
  • The Hunt
  • When She's Ready
  • Bear In Mind (Paranormal Dating Agency, #23)
  • Bound and Betrayed (Savage Warriors, #3)
  • Bastiano Romano
  • Behind His Lies
  • Alpha's Mission (Bad Boy Alphas, #7)
  • Defense
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #15)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
R.G. Alexander is a New York Times USA Today Bestselling author who has written over 45 erotic paranormal, contemporary, sci-fi/fantasy books for multiple epublishers and Berkley Heat.

She has lived all over the United States, studied archaeology and mythology, been a nurse, a vocalist, and now a writer who feels lucky everyday that she gets to share her stories with her readers. She loves talking

Shifting Reality (3 books)
  • My Demon Saint (Shifting Reality #2)
  • My Vampire Idol (Shifting Reality #3)

News & Interviews