Start by marking “The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)

The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  501 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
How far will you go to find out the truth?

Jennifer Hunter is prepared to go all the way—well, almost. For the past two years, she has been working undercover as a “fidelity inspector,” hired by suspicious wives and girlfriends to test the faithfulness of the men in their lives. As she explains to her clients, “I don’t initiate anything. I only follow his lead.”

Working und
Published June 10th 2008 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Fidelity Files, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fidelity Files

Kristi
Jul 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Some girls dream of being Superwoman. Saving humanity one disaster at a time. Jennifer Hunter is Superwoman, saving women one cheating/lying boyfriend/fiance/husband at a time. Jennifer likes to think of herself as Superwoman using her alias Ashlyn, but I might be more compelled to compare her heroic efforts to The Incredible Hulk. The Hulk gets a really bad wrap, when he is just trying to help out! Even though, these women hire Jennifer to test their husband’s fidelity, I still feel them giving ...more
Jami
Nov 01, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, the storyline was somewhat interesting, but the writing itself left something to be desired. There were just a lot of things that bugged me about this book -- number one being the incessant number of details that were crammed into it. For example, you read about the number of cellphones the main character has AND the explanation for why she has two phones at least a dozen times. Yes, we get it. One's a business phone, one is personal. I'm not an idiot.

And why is she so worried about her f
Emily
Sep 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, reviewed
I won a copy of this book a few months ago and now that I read it I am really glad I got it. It is a bit different then anything else I have read and I really enjoyed it. The author also has a style that I really like, I hope that she writes more books since this is the only one she has out currently. I highly suggest this book if you are looking for something that is kind of female empowering, like chick lit but isn't the chick fail and be saved by a man and life is perfect again chick lit, and ...more
Izlinda
I don't really know what genre this book fits in. I suppose under romance, though when I think romance, I think of Tami Hoag (some of her stuff), Jude Deveraux, Judith McNaught, Nora Roberts... Oh, well, this is Jessica Brody's first novel, so we'll see. (And I didn't have a category for "chick-lit" so...)

The premise is interesting. A woman is hired by wives, girlfriends, fiancees, to test their significant other's fidelity. Thus, her profession as a fidelity inspector. I did read about such peo
Ellana-san
Jan 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comique, romance
Heather
Jun 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and really felt for the main character. The basis of the book was intriguing to me, and I felt as though the way it was written stayed true to the main premise. While occasionally, the author repeated certain details which was completely unnecessary, it wasn't enough to become irritating. Overall, I think this is one of the better books I have read in awhile and would highly recommend it.
Kim
Aug 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. Asks the question of what would you do if you could find out if your husband, boyfriend, or fiance would cheat on you. How would you use this information? Can a woman who does this for a living ever find love? For the answers to these questions and more, read this book.
Sherilyn
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd love to see this book be made into a movie! it had Mt attention the whole way through!
Tiffanie
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book I have read in awhile.

Jennifer is a fidelity inspector. she stumbled into this job on accident; after being out with coworkers one night playing truth or dare they dared her to go up to this guy at the bar an get him to ask her back to his room. It worked although she declined. It was later the next day when her boss called her into her office to tell her it was all a set up she wanted to see what her husband would do.

After growing up living with the secret that she caught her da
Lauren
Jul 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I've been dying to read this book for what seems like forever. Since, for one, it has an amazing book trailer, one of the best ever, and for two it has an interesting premise. So, when I got the chance to read it on my past vacation, I was so excited. And as it turns out, I had every right to be excited. Since, The Fidelity Files is one awesome debut book!

In The Fidelity Files you get a glimpse into the complicated world of Jennifer Hunter (code name: Ashlyn). You see, Jennifer is a secret "fid
  • 37
  • Mommy by Mistake
  • The Book of Jane
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • Thanks for Nothing, Nick Maxwell
  • Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)
  • Three Bedrooms In Chelsea
  • Because She Can
  • The Baby Trail
  • Daddy's Girls
  • Journey to Yesterday (Yesterday, #1)
  • The Journal of Mortifying Moments
  • The Go-To Girl
  • I Never Fancied Him Anyway
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • Single White E-Mail
  • The Ten Best Days of My Life
  • Woman to Woman
Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self “publishing” her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples, and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager
More about Jessica Brody...

Jennifer Hunter (2 books)
  • Love Under Cover (Jennifer Hunter, #2)
“Car pour dire la vérité, je n'étais pas une super-héroïne. Je ne savais pas voler. J'étais incapable de tisser des toiles sophistiquées pour grimper aux murs. Je ne pouvais pas enjamber d'un bond des gratte-ciel. Je n'étais qu'une fille ordinaire qui essayait de changer un tant soit peu l'ordre des choses.” 4 likes