Start by marking “Cara Mia (Immortyl Revolution, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cara Mia (Immortyl Revolution, #1)

Cara Mia (Immortyl Revolution #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Vampires Mia and Kurt become involved in a deadly mission to harness the power of immortality. Mia Disantini is a vampire whose greatest desire is to walk in the sun again. She is enslaved by her charismatic master, Ethan, and plunged into an ancient, unenlightened Immortyl culture. As Mia struggles for the freedom to live as she chooses, she is trained as Ethan's Bird of ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by L & L Dreamspell (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cara Mia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cara Mia

Nora
Jan 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cara Mia
Denise Verrico

First of all, let me start by saying I have never read any of Denise Verrico's writings before. I was actually pleased when I found out that the book I was reading was based on vampires which is my favorite genre. Denise is a wonderful and talented writer who goes to great depths to make sure the reader gets as much detail as possible so they can be pulled into the book. However, there are parts in this book, in which I felt there was too much time spent on the detail.

The
Latia
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Just finished reading Cara Mia by Denise Verrico. I stayed up all night to complete it knowing I had to be up early in the morning for work. That is how wonderfully written and enthralling it is.

This was my first time ever reading anything by Denise Verrico and let me tell you I cannot wait to read the next three books in the series. The book is filled with passion, sexiness, evolution, and so much more. She invokes all your senses with her writing. Its as if you are there with these characters
Kristina
Mar 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for something different in your vampire books then this is a good place to start. Denise Verrico spins an original tale on vampires...something unexpected and exciting!

She has attention to detail and creates interesting multi-dimensional characters in her stories. Both Mia and Kurt are wonderful characters who make you want to root for them as they find their way through the many tials they have to face.

There are twists and turns, love, and unexpected events that keep you on yo
Denise Verrico
Mar 05, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: urban-fantasy
If you enjoy a darker urban fantasy, I think you will enjoy Cara Mia. This isn't a mystery or romance, but it has strong relationships. My novel creates a new vampire world yet preserves some of the old traditions. The vampires in my book are biological mutations, and science plays a strong role. Mia is an independent, modern woman, who struggles for freedom in a male-dominated ancient society. I don't skimp on the blood, but there is humor.
Stephanie  G
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
When we first meet Mia Disantini she is a young actress in New York. She is turned into a vampire by very handsome and charismatic Alpha vampire named Ethan. The relationship at first is sweet and Ethan is Mia's entire world. After a few years she soon realizes he isn't what he seems. Ethan doesn't teach Mia much about her new world and keeps her hidden away from others. Mia soon sees the cruel side of Ethan and learns of the his and his maker, Brovik, ambitions to use science to profit from the ...more
Sapphyria
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When Mia awakens in an alley, abused and discarded by the man she thought she loved, her master Ethan, she flees into the night and away from the cycle of abuse. When we meet Mia again we find that she is being held prisoner in a laboratory with her boyfriend, Kurt, who is locked in a separate room. Enter Dr. Joe who is desperately trying to figure out the what's and why's of Mia and Kurt. Dr. Joe is able to get Mia to talk and she tells the story life. This tosses the novel into flashback mode ...more
Bitten Twice
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In life Mia seemed to be this strong fearless femme fatale who rose to meet every challenge. After her turn Mia seems to struggle a bit with not taking on the insecurities of her Master, someone she thought she loved. Mia does find herself though and when she does, she becomes a formidable force to be reckoned with. Do you believe in love at first sight? I believe that Mia and Kurt felt the twinges at their first meeting. The twinges that make you realize that you actually believe someone is bea ...more
Bertena Varney
May 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who like sci fi
Katie
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Enthralls you right from the beginning!

I knew I was going to enjoy Cara Mia right from the start. Denise Verrico’s novel has style, intrigue, and some interesting twist that will keep you turning page after page.

The book opens with a distraught Mia, cast out by her master, near death, and left to wander the cold streets of New York looking for sustenance and a place to hide from the sun.

When next we meet Mia, it seems she has truly hit rock bottom. But not all is as it seems. Though she is held
Ami Blackwelder
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Cara Mia written eloquently by author Denise Verrico. It is book one of the Immortyl Revolution. As the reader is drawn into her gripping prologue, we learn Mia is the main character, involved in an abusive relationship that may have just ended with her beaten and left on the streets. Denise Verrico intensifies this reality with the presence of a conversation inside of Mia’s head, leaving the reader to question if Mia is merely human or something more?

As the story progresses the reader learns o
Sarah Sammis
Jun 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Most of the story is told via interviews between Dr. Joe and Mia. These extended romps through history are pretty standard fare for modern day vampire stories but it's not my favorite vampire trope. cover art (Link goes to Powells)Cara Mia by Denise Verrico introduces readers Mia and Kurt, two vampires (or "Immortyls") with a long history. In seeking help the have voluntarily agreed to be studied by Dr. Joe who wants to learn what makes vampires tick.

As Mia and Kurt have a relationship spanning
Lauren Stoolfire
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Verrico's novel has all the components that make for a great read and it help my interest from the moment I picked it up! I particularly enjoyed the new spin on her vampires as she mixed traditional characteristics into their Immortyl world. I wouldn't call it a love story but it definitely features strong relationships between characters. The portrayal of these relationships (and the strong leading character) reminded me of another favorite urban fantasy author, Rob Thurman. I am looking forwar ...more
Melanie
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
The first book of the Immortyl series, Cara Mia, is about two vampire lovers, Mia and Kurt, who are (voluntary) in an experimental lab under the care of Joe. His job consists of finding out everything he can about vampires. Through flashbacks, Mia shares her life story, starting from before she was turned.

In Cara Mia, we are introduced to a new kind of vampires and their Immortyl world. The book takes us on an adventure filled with love, betrayal and twists and turns.

Denise Verrico has crafted
Katrina Michaels
Mar 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
A great number of the novels that focus on vampires fall prey to certain cliches. Cara Mia is a wonderful exception with an intricate, unpredictable, and intelligent plot and well-developed characters. The darkness of some of the aspects of the character's story, especially Mia, is gripping. And yes, while there is angst and suffering, there is also a bit of delicious, albeit sometimes morbid, humor. I especially loved the wittiness of the dialogue. I am looking forward to book 2 in this series. ...more
Scott Nash
Saul Hearst
David
Jul 04, 2011
Daniela
rated it did not like it
May 08, 2014
Jan 27, 2013
B Nelson lewis
Jul 12, 2012
Jan 25, 2014
I grew up in Western PA and attended Point Park College, where I majored in theatre. I've acted, directed, designed and written plays. For seven seasons I belonged to the Oberon Theatre Ensemble in NYC.

I'm the author of the Immortyl Revolution urban fantasy series, Cara Mia, Twilight of the Gods, My Fearful Symmetry and Servant of the Goddess. I've also written an anthology of shorts featuring my
More about Denise Verrico

Immortyl Revolution (4 books)
  • Twilight of the Gods (Immortyl Revolution, #2)
  • My Fearful Symmetry (Immortyl Revolution, #3)
  • Servant of the Goddess (Immortyl Revolution #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99