Start by marking “Timeline History of the World” as Want to Read:
Timeline History of the World

Timeline History of the World

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
From the Big Bang through the rise and fall of the greatest empires to the great technological achievements of modern times, this book is a fascinating chronological guide that will help readers view our collective past in panorama.
Published February 1st 2008 by Futura

To ask other readers questions about Timeline History of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timeline History of the World

Tayler Morrell
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was excited because I bought this for only $3 and it was a timeline of the world.

Kerr describes this books as "viewing our collective past in panorama, making more sense of the confusing world in which we live." Which is true. I learned a lot more about Asian and African history in this book than I have in textbooks.

However, its seemed like he didn't do a good job proof-reading as there are a lot of typographical and grammatical errors in the book, as well as different names for the same pers
Abby Hale
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Researchers of history
Recommended to Abby by: Found it myself!
I enjoyed this book for several reasons: it was outlined and structured in a clear, direct manner, it was easy to follow, and it contained a lot of raw research material that led me to pursue the reading of other books on the history of the world. While each book I have read on this subject has differences, it is becoming easier to identify the common threads amongst them. It took me a full month to read it through twice and take notes, and then it was on to other history books to which I could ...more
Saeed Rahhal
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
despite the fact that this book represents a very ambitious project, and that the idea is very appealing. This book is not giving brief details or background to the reader, making him lost and confused.
Elijah Christopher
Aug 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
This book seems like a good idea, but it was very rushed and didn't really give you any lasting info. If you're going to attempt a world history, especially a time line, you need better info and organization.
Gavin Long
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Very clinical timeline style - not very engaging - then again that's exactly what the book promissed - doesn't really pretend to do much else. Average
Bert Knol
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Mooie prijs van 3,60 dollar voor een tijdbalk van de wereldgeschiedenis.
Ben benieuwd of de blik echt mondiaal gericht is.
Joseph
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
It was a good book "It's not a read" but you can use it to understand what was happening at other parts of the world during a specific major event
Skip Scott
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: information
A brief and somewhat disturbing summary of the history of the world. Very interesting to see how history keeps repeating itself. Not a bad history refresher lesson.
Adebayo Oyagbola
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Great to selectively dip into like a box of assorted candy. The variety of takings is truly widespun.
Helen
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obviously, being a timeline, there is little to no detail and it is left to the reader to further investigate items of interest. I was sorry it ended at 2007, would be happy to see a re-release.
  • Fashions in the Era of Jane Austen
  • De ti herskere
  • Doctor Who : the episode guide
  • The Xenophobe's Guide to the English
  • Lost London: An A-Z of Forgotten Landmarks and Lost Traditions
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child: Activity Book 1: Ancient Times: From the Earliest Nomads to the Last Roman Emperor
  • Not in Front of the Corgis: Secrets of Life Behind the Royal Curtains
  • A Visitor's Companion to Tudor England
  • The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History
  • Doctor Who: The Last Voyage
  • The Unschooling Unmanual
  • The Midas Box (Mariah Mundi #1)
  • Sherlock's Home: The Empty House
  • Three Victories and a Defeat: The Rise and Fall of the First British Empire, 1714-1783
  • Fanny: Being the True History of the Adventures of Fanny Hackabout-Jones
  • Doctor Who: Judgement of the Judoon
  • The Tudors for Dummies
Gordon Kerr was born in the Scottish new town of East Kilbride and worked in the wine trade and then bookselling and publishing before becoming a full-time writer. He is the author of numerous books in a variety of genres, including art, history, true crime, travel and humour. He has a wife and two children and lives in Hampshire and – when he can – South West France.
More about Gordon Kerr...
“Hulagu Khan’s Mongol forces burn Baghdad to the ground, killing 1,000,000 citizens.” 0 likes
“Cairo, capital of Mameluke Egypt becomes the largest city in the world. 1316 ” 0 likes